1.    #1  
    I have the 700wx and i wanted to know if it's possible to use my current headset (Motorola H700).

How can i set it up this way?
    Not without using a bluetooth dongle plugged into the audio jack. To play music from the treo you would need a headset that also supports A2DP.
  3. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Hannip, I assume you know what you're talking about and I pretty much thought that was the answer so I'm sad...

I just got the Jawbone which as near as I can tell does not support A2DP. The word on that is mixed on the internets, but my treo only finds a headset protocol and not wireless stereo.

What about all those hacks like Btaudio and the others that will install but don't do anything on the treo. There's no way to get those working? I tried and couldn't but I figured you might be able to think of something. I assume you already tried however, and there's no way to get it to work but humor me...
    Nope, none of those hacks work on the treo. It's just the way the treo is wired. At one point I was so frustrated that I bought a bluetooth dongle so I could use a regular headset to listen to sirius, but then jabra came out with the BT 8010 that supports A2DP so I've been using that as my headset on the road and the Motorola S9's when i'm not on the road.
  5. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Nope, none of those hacks work on the treo. It's just the way the treo is wired. At one point I was so frustrated that I bought a bluetooth dongle so I could use a regular headset to listen to sirius, but then jabra came out with the BT 8010 that supports A2DP so I've been using that as my headset on the road and the Motorola S9's when i'm not on the road.
    Cool, that's what I thought. I also bought a dongle at one time before your a2dp hack but that drove me crazy.

I figured that was the answer, but thanks for the response.

How's the BT8010's noise reduction? Does it compare with the Jawbone? I've gotta say the jawbone is the best sounding headset in terms of my voice quality to the listener I've ever used. Considering, I need the thing mainly for work that has to be my primary concern. It would just be nice if I could have some streaming audio going on in that ear without anyone knowing it...

Oh well, I guess I wait for the next Treo...
    I haven't had any complaints from people I call, but there are other issues with it. I have to keep the treo in direct line of sight with the headset to keep a solid connection. I typically put the treo on the passenger seat while I'm driving. Also you have to kill the high pitched dial sound that the treo makes to keep it from going into A2DP mode when you make calls. See this thread for the gory details.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=138709
    Looks like there is another choice now.

http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/jab...-32729054.html
  8. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Looks like there is another choice now.

http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/jab...-32729054.html
    Nice find. With that price, I'll probablly pick one up and play with it and then return whichever one I like the least. Thanks.
  9. Cel
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Well, for anyone who cares... I picked up the 8040 today at best buy for $69.99 about half the price of the jawbone.

Synced up flawlessly and recognized both headset and a2dp profiles right away. All treo sounds stream very nicely to the headset and the music and streaming audio sounds pretty good, so from that standpoint I couldn't be happier.

The jury is still out on the outgoing voice quality. So far I can't tell if it's superior or not to the jawbone. From my limited voicemail tests, I've decided my voice sounds fuller but external sounds are a lot more audible but they are muted so they don't seem to interrupt the conversation.

I'm going to play with it a little more and see which one's going back. Currently, I'm leaning towards returning the more expensive jawbone.

On a side note, is there a way to keep the phone ringing when you're using the a2dp profile or can I only have it ring in the headset?