Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    So lets talk about how stupid I am.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Well, I finally managed to do it. I've gone and bricked my phone.

    TOTALLY my own stupidity. I got in a hurry, started a flash with just the power cable plugged in, started to stick the battery back in....and bumped the cable.

    Boom. Phone resets.

    Now my boot loader is screwed. If you hold the side button while replacing the battery, you should see two numbers, a number in blue (5.02) and a number in red. My number in red is missing.


    Now lets talk about layering panic over stupidity.

    What I should have done is set the phone down, and not touched it for a while. What I instead did was jump before I'd done all my homework, and started doing yet more stupid stuff....like...oh...running commands before I knew what I was doing.

    Which brings me to my present problem.

    I've lost the ESN provisioning off my phone. And by "lost" I of course mean "I deleted it like an *****, thinking I was wiping something else".

    I believe that this can be remedied by using one of several programs that allow you to reprovision the ESN information. QPST is one out there, as is CDMA Workshop. The problem is that I can't get either to connect to the Treo.

    Here's the process I've been following.

    • Soft reset the Treo
    • Run Modem link. Ensure connection is on USB. Access point can be set to <none>. Click Activate.
    • Connect the Treo with your sync cable.
    • Install the Treo modem driver (from Palm's page, attached below).
    • Run QPST or CDMA Workshop
    • ???


    That's where I get hung up.

    Anyone got any suggestions, or wanna give it a go?

    /me edits

    Quite a few posts I've read refer to going into diagnostic mode: ##DIAG#

    Doesn't seem to help for me....I do get an error though, "could not open DBG".
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ebag333; 07/01/2008 at 12:46 PM.
  2. #2  
    You have to reflash the NV with cdmaupdater.exe
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    You have to reflash the NV with cdmaupdater.exe
    I figured you'd answer, Koco.

    1) Where do I get the (a) NV from? Can someone else backup theirs?

    2) Where do I get cdmaupdater?

    3) You know the command off hand to flash the NV with cdmaupdater?



    Using BitPim I see this.

    Code:
    20:10:02.358 Detect Phone result: {'COM3': {'mode_modem': True, 'mode_brew': False, 'firmwareresponse': None, 'esn': None, 'model': None, 'firmware_version': None, 'manufacturer': None}, 'COM14': {'mode_modem': True, 'mode_brew': False, 'firmwareresponse': None, 'esn': '', 'model': 'Conexant HDA D110 MDC V.92 Modem', 'firmware_version': '7.32.00', 'manufacturer': 'Conexant'}}
    Can't connect to the phone. Guess it doesn't like not having all that information.
    Last edited by Ebag333; 07/01/2008 at 10:14 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Okay, seems the current version of CDMAFirmwareUpdater.exe works. It's attempting to backup my NV items now. Lets see what happens....
  5. #5  
    QPST will not work unless you have a serial cable the quallcom diag port is not accessible with the usb.

    Ebags333 where do i get a copy of cdmaupdater.exe? ive been looking all over.
  6. #6  
    **** i flashed the verizon PRL on my device can any one hook me up with a telus backup?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    QPST will not work unless you have a serial cable the quallcom diag port is not accessible with the usb.

    Ebags333 where do i get a copy of cdmaupdater.exe? ive been looking all over.
    Grab the cdmafirmwareupdater.exe from the sprint desktop updater on the Palm site.
  8.    #8  
    My phone's completely recovered.

    Phew, what a pain though!
  9. #9  
    Ebags333 did u end up using my boot loader?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    Ebags333 did u end up using my boot loader?
    Nope, never needed to. I reflashed my bootloader as detailed in the other thread.

    It was interesting reading, however.
  11. #11  
    Can you guys think of a way (or think it's possible?) to use the CDMAFirmwareUpdater.exe to update my PRL file? I know that the firmware file that comes with the update contains 20227...I'm trying to figure out a way to get 20232...

    Stupid OTA updates are not working for me... *bangs head against wall*
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by clifgriffin View Post
    Can you guys think of a way (or think it's possible?) to use the CDMAFirmwareUpdater.exe to update my PRL file? I know that the firmware file that comes with the update contains 20227...I'm trying to figure out a way to get 20232...

    Stupid OTA updates are not working for me... *bangs head against wall*
    im looking into this as my OTA prl update is not working either ever since i cloned my esn. when i figure it out ill be sure to post up. Im stuck on VZW even though its connecting to the telus network in my area.

    ive found out some interesting commands in mtty so i think its possible

    Ive also got a serial cable on its way i have a feeling it will come in handy to get the telus prl back for me.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    im looking into this as my OTA prl update is not working either ever since i cloned my esn. when i figure it out ill be sure to post up. Im stuck on VZW even though its connecting to the telus network in my area.

    ive found out some interesting commands in mtty so i think its possible

    Ive also got a serial cable on its way i have a feeling it will come in handy to get the telus prl back for me.

    Let me know what you find out. That is one thing I will need...a cable. I can't even find my USB cable right now. I think I lost it in a move.
  14. to0
    to0 is offline
    to0's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    #14  
    I've got a similar problem, complete with the "Could not open DBG" error when entering DIAG mode. I was messing around with some files in NVM with QPST's EFS explorer and now I can't turn my radio back on.

    I've tried running the CDMAUpdater program with a good nvbackup (I have a few) and I always get the error "FW Update Errored" before the progress bar moves even a little bit.

    I've also tried running the Sprint Update from SD card, complete with firmware.bin radio file, but that didn't seem to help either. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by to0 View Post
    I've got a similar problem, complete with the "Could not open DBG" error when entering DIAG mode. I was messing around with some files in NVM with QPST's EFS explorer and now I can't turn my radio back on.

    I've tried running the CDMAUpdater program with a good nvbackup (I have a few) and I always get the error "FW Update Errored" before the progress bar moves even a little bit.

    I've also tried running the Sprint Update from SD card, complete with firmware.bin radio file, but that didn't seem to help either. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I got the "Could not open DBG" after I wiped my NV. Once I got it restored, no more error.

    Sounds like you wiped your NV. Good luck getting it back, it's extremely difficult to find information on how to do so as it can be used for cloning and other illegal things (IE: Federal laws and serious jail time).

    Before you run CDMAFirmwareUpdater and restore your NV, make sure you wipe it completely with MTTY. Kocoman has some instructions on how to do so.
  16. to0
    to0 is offline
    to0's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    #16  
    Here's the process I'll use:

    Enter bootloader
    Clear the NV with MTTY
    Reboot
    Write my nvbackup with CDMAFirmwareUpdater

    Scary. Some prayers are always appreciated!

    *edit: It worked! Kocoman, Ebags: ya rock!
    Back to the hackin'.

    If anyone's curious, here's what I did:

    1. Enter bootloader by dialing ##UPST#
    2. Connect to the computer, wait for Windows to find the device
    3. Run MTTY and connect to the USB port
    4. Once connected, run: cdmar bl usb
    Response: +CDMARouterCommnad...CDMA Mode = bl, PC Port = usb, CDMA Uart Speed = 115200
    5. Now run you should have a "CDMA DBG>" prompt. Run: nverase
    Response:
    Identify INTEL Combo Flash !



    Identify INTEL Combo Flash !

    ********************************



    Erase NV Item Data Done!
    6. Boot back into Windows
    7. Copy a good nvbackup to the root of your device
    8. Run CDMAFirmwareUpdater. Hit a soft key to get the check boxes to appear, and uncheck all except "Restore NV."
    9. Hit update
    10. Wait
    11. Soft reset
    12. Turn on radio
    Last edited by to0; 07/08/2008 at 09:19 PM.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by to0 View Post
    If anyone's curious, here's what I did:
    Excellent write-up on the process used.


    Quote Originally Posted by to0 View Post
    1. Enter bootloader by dialing ##UPST#
    Note that you can get here too by holding the right side button while replacing the battery (or plugging in power/sync cable).

Posting Permissions