1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if the new Pocket Outlook on WM6 does IMAP IDLE natively? Or does it still require a 3rd party software?

I have ebag's WM6 ROM installed and am using gmail IMAP and it does not appear to support IDLE, or even push for that matter, but maybe I'm missing a setting. Anybody know for sure?
    no IMAP idle for WM natively

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    what a shame.

Thanks Mal.

Do you by chance know of a good solution, that's inexpensive, and integrates into Pocket Outlook? I tried one last year that was nice, but didn't like the price, and another that was reasonably priced, but it had to always be running in the background, which meant when I clicked "Stop All" in Memory it would shut it down as well. Didn't like that at all.
    hey quick question...did u have any probs installing wm 6 on your phone? is it 700wx ?? and sprint or verizon
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gruppe3942 View Post
    hey quick question...did u have any probs installing wm 6 on your phone? is it 700wx ?? and sprint or verizon
    I have a Sprint 700wx, and had no problems installing WM6.

Check the first sticky on the 700w/wx forum. You can get the Full WM6 ROM from post 474 on page 12. Download it and follow the instructions on the first post and you'll have WM6 on your Treo.

Simple as that. And nice too.

BTW: if you like it you can thank ebag333, he's put a lot of work into this and is still improving on it as we speak.
    have u heard of anyone bricking there phone?
    Bricking a phone?!?

Honesty compels me to admit I've bricked my phone not once, but twice. The first time was fairly easily recoverable using the desktop updater. The second time (today) I piled mistake on top of mistake and am struggling to get back up and running.

Long story short, it's my own fault I bricked my phone, and had I followed my own instructions it would have never had happened.

Sort of a case of "do what I say, not what I do." Definatly not what I do.
  8.    #8  
    Well, not until you asked and got the reply from ebag.

I've even flashed mine multiple times without plugging it in, just using battery power, and still have not bricked mine.

Go for it, you'll be glad you did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Bricking a phone?!?

Honesty compels me to admit I've bricked my phone not once, but twice. The first time was fairly easily recoverable using the desktop updater. The second time (today) I piled mistake on top of mistake and am struggling to get back up and running.

Long story short, it's my own fault I bricked my phone, and had I followed my own instructions it would have never had happened.

Sort of a case of "do what I say, not what I do." Definately not what I do.
    If you can recover it, then it's not really bricked.

Just "temporarily out of service."
    Last edited by westronic; 06/30/2008 at 11:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lepricon View Post
    I've even flashed mine multiple times without plugging it in, just using battery power, and still have not bricked mine.
    NOT recommended. I did that once, and it resulted in a bad flash. (I was able to reflash but still...)

Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    If you can recover it, then it's not [b]really[b/] bricked.

Just "temporarily out of service."
    So far that's one big "if".
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post

So far that's one big "if".
    So....are you saying you've not yet managed to recover? Interesting, I guess I've gotten the wrong impression from the Custom ROM thread. I kinda understood that worst case scenario you could always flash back to WM5 stock and get everything running again. You're scaring me ebag.
    So....are you saying you've not yet managed to recover? Interesting, I guess I've gotten the wrong impression from the Custom ROM thread. I kinda understood that worst case scenario you could always flash back to WM5 stock and get everything running again. You're scaring me ebag.
    That's only if you follow the instructions.
    what a shame.

Thanks Mal.

Do you by chance know of a good solution, that's inexpensive, and integrates into Pocket Outlook? I tried one last year that was nice, but didn't like the price, and another that was reasonably priced, but it had to always be running in the background, which meant when I clicked "Stop All" in Memory it would shut it down as well. Didn't like that at all.
    This could be classified as Alpha, not even beta so it's a work in progress:

http://www.codeplex.com/ImapPusherService

but you need .NET CF 3.5 at the moment--the developer might revisit that and re-code it for either 2.0 or 1.0 I suppose. Could be promising.

Another is this: Emansio
    http://www.emansio.com/

I used its predecessor a few years back and really liked it.

-mal
    ps Check out our podcasts at WMExperts (sister site to TC) as we just talked about this topic in some detail last week ;-)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter