Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    One of the latest screen shots show both a character count and a message count in the compose section of the sms screen. Could it be that the 800w will automatically split long texts (more than 160 characters) into multiple messages? See below... It may be a presumption on my part; but, can anyone confirm this functionality?

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    nothing new... it is like this on the 750 and the hack verison thats floating around
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    It would be new for many 700wx users. Also, remember, target users in enterprises may not be able to hack-away on their device. Having desired functionality built-in is better for most of us. One less thing to re-do after installing firmware updates.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    understandable
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by 1PTUser View Post
    It would be new for many 700wx users. Also, remember, target users in enterprises may not be able to hack-away on their device. Having desired functionality built-in is better for most of us. One less thing to re-do after installing firmware updates.
    The installation of the threaded SMS isn't really much in the way of hacking. Install a cab file, reset, move some files, reset. In less than 5 minutes you're done. No doubt that it's better built in, but it's not like one couldn't have easily had the same functionality a long time ago. And I don't believe one could install that many firmware updates/hard reset that often that you'd worry about it being a burden to install.
    But when is Palm going to start trying to lead the way instead of following last years hardware for their new devices? Hardly any change in processor (333 from 312mhz). Tech. is cheap enough (especially in this poor market) that they could go with newer processors and MUCH more memory to make these devices be a big change instead of a basic "software upgrade" with a price tag. Their stock as dropped from $700 in 2000 to just over $5 today... really time for a new way of looking at the future of their models. Granted their Centro has dome something to draw in more customers (not sure what they did other than change the visual external appearance of it) but they need a lot more than just the 1 million they pulled with that. Just saying it's time for them to start making a bigger difference and regain their stance in the smartphone world
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    @ Trevante - better yet you don't even have to move any files atleast not in 6.

@ Cliffr39 - I don't think Palm at this point cares about about a play for the top. They are making this treo cheaper so they can make some money off of it. I'm sure they can make thinner cutting edge devices but then its costing into their profits which they so badly need right now. (atleast thats what I think)
    My Themes - Prethemer
    It's been like this on WM6.1 for many, many months. Nothing new.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1PTUser View Post
    What hack? It was just a Palm threaded SMS cab file you installed that gave you threaded SMS.
    I can personally count how many of my colleagues installed the threaded SMS cab file on their provided 700Wx's. No big deal, took 10 - 20 secs out of our enterprise lives.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....