Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, I finally managed to do it. I've gone and bricked my phone.

TOTALLY my own stupidity. I got in a hurry, started a flash with just the power cable plugged in, started to stick the battery back in....and bumped the cable.

Boom. Phone resets.

Now my boot loader is screwed. If you hold the side button while replacing the battery, you should see two numbers, a number in blue (5.02) and a number in red. My number in red is missing.

So now I'm trying to use MTTY to unbrick my device. Here's the quick and dirty instructions that I've created (and shamelessly stolen from others).

Install the Treo 650 bootloader drivers,
    Disable USB connections in ActiveSync
    remove the battery from your 700wx
    while holding down the side button, plug in hotsync cable
    run mtty 1.42, and open the usb port. Set Data Bits from 8 to 7.
    then type "ram2sd boot"
    Attached at the drivers and mtty.

Anyone want to help me try and unbrick this?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Install the Treo 650 bootloader drivers,
    Disable USB connections in ActiveSync
    remove the battery from your 700wx
    while holding down the side button, plug in hotsync cable,
    then reinstall bettery
    run mtty 1.42, and open the usb port. Set Data Bits from 8 to 7.
    then type "ram2sd boot"
    Slight but critical change to the instructions.
    every time i try to use mtty, i have no usb port option in it.

any idea why guys?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by larryo108 View Post
    Slight but critical change to the instructions.
    A good point. Shouldn't hurt anything in a backup, but still good.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post

any idea why guys?
    Couple of suggestions:

1) USB wasn't disabled in ActiveSync
    2) Drivers not installed (check your hardware after plugging in the phone)
    3) USB through a USB hub. It needs to be plugged directly into USB (note: in my case my front USB ports are actually through a HUB, some just 'cause it's physically there doesn't mean it's not a HUB)

I tried following these suggestions:

1. Launch your command prompt. "Start -> Run -> type "cmd".
    2. Type the following text: "C:\Updater\ruucmd.exe -asyncoff -t -v C:\Updater\bootloader.ruu". Press enter.
    3. A message will appear.
    4. Press enter to run it.
    5. Once that completes, type in the following text: "C:\Updater\ruucmd.exe -asyncoff -asyncon -t -v C:\Updater\fwandrom.ruu. Press Enter.
    6. Press enter to run the command. It takes about 30 mins.
    It flashed my bootloader. Now my bootloader is at 3.01 instead of 5.02. Very odd...

/me edits

Okay, I managed to get this working. Don't ask me how, I'm not quite sure what I did that magically fixed it. But it's doing SOMETHING....so I'll let you know how it turns out when it finishes....
    Last edited by Ebag333; 06/30/2008 at 12:05 PM.

any idea why guys?
    I was having the same issue until I followed the directions exactly as i Quoted them. I am waiting it for the "ram2sd boot" command to finish running. I think it is runnig right now. I have connected and run the command and I have a "Backup Boot Loader from Flash" message with a blinking cursor. I am trying to be patient and let it work.
    I was having the same issue until I followed the directions exactly as i Quoted them. I am waiting it for the "ram2sd boot" command to finish running. I think it is runnig right now. I have connected and run the command and I have a "Backup Boot Loader from Flash" message with a blinking cursor. I am trying to be patient and let it work.
    i did and it installs my device as an HTC usb sync? should i force the 650 drivers?
    ok i forced install of the treo boot loader driver. its working can some one give me a good read on mtty so i can play around? id like to dump my nv if i could.
    ok i forced install of the treo boot loader driver. its working can some one give me a good read on mtty so i can play around? id like to dump my nv if i could.
    Please tell me how you did that. I got the HTC popup and let that install, but if you can tell me how to remove those drivers and force the Treo drivers... I may actually be able to get what Ebag needs.
    Please tell me how you did that. I got the HTC popup and let that install, but if you can tell me how to remove those drivers and force the Treo drivers... I may actually be able to get what Ebag needs.
    ok go to "C:\Program Files\Treo 650 Bootloader Drivers"

and run DPInst.exe

after that go to your hardware manager choose the HTC usb Sync device and right click on it. then choose update driver.

after that chose the option that says "brows for driver software on my computer"

after that in the next window choose "let me pic from a list of device drivers" and once you click that treo 650 boot driver will appear in that list.

select it and click next and then finish.
    Ebag333:

>ram2sd boot
    Backup Boot Loader from Flash to SD card.
    ***** user area size = 0x79A00000 Bytes

Wince Size=3F40000
    >> 2040528896(0x79A00000) 512(0x00000200) 3985408(0x003CD000)

CalculateImageCheckSum() dwImageCheckSum = 0x1777EDB
    R2SDBackup()--dwImgCheckSum = 0x1777EDB
    WriteDataToSDCard() dwTotalBlock=200
    --WriteDataToSDCard()
    ReadImagetoRAMWithCheckSum() dwTotalBlock=200
    ReadImagetoRAMWithCheckSum() dwImageCheckSum=1777EDB

>

Now what would u like me to do im a noob but it looks as if i have backed up my 5.02 boot loader for you.
  11.    #11  
    Now what would u like me to do im a noob but it looks as if i have backed up my 5.02 boot loader for you.
    Sweet! Can you e-mail it to me at ebagola [AT] gmail [DOT] com? gMail has a cap of 20 megs, so you might need to split the file if it's over that (WinRAR works).

Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    It flashed my bootloader. Now my bootloader is at 3.01 instead of 5.02. Very odd...

/me edits

Okay, I managed to get this working. Don't ask me how, I'm not quite sure what I did that magically fixed it. But it's doing SOMETHING....so I'll let you know how it turns out when it finishes....
    YAY! It worked!

My bootloader is at 4.13 now. Odd. Some funkyness with the OS though. Guess I get to play with it and see if I can fix it.... I probably lost my provisioning or some such.
    Sweet! Can you e-mail it to me at ebagola [AT] gmail [DOT] com? gMail has a cap of 20 megs, so you might need to split the file if it's over that (WinRAR works).

YAY! It worked!

My bootloader is at 4.13 now. Odd. Some funkyness with the OS though. Guess I get to play with it and see if I can fix it.... I probably lost my provisioning or some such.
    im just d'loading winhex right now so i can dump the boot loader for you then i will fire you off an email. i can host it on a web service if u like so u dont have to reassemble.
    Thats very good discovery, I used to only run "r2sd" (backup/READ rom to SD card), but did not touch the other commands.

If you have time/risky you can figure out all the other commands for us

To change ESN you would go into the RADIO bootloader by "cdmar usb bl"
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Thats very good discovery, I used to only run "r2sd" (backup/READ rom to SD card), but did not touch the other commands.

If you have time/risky you can figure out all the other commands for us

To change ESN you would go into the RADIO bootloader by "cdmar usb bl"
    thanks for the tip, and when i backed up the boot loader it even said BL backup successful on the treo.

however winhex will not open the disk afterwards for me. is this because im using a 2gb sd?
  15.    #15  
    thanks for the tip, and when i backed up the boot loader it even said BL backup successful on the treo.

however winhex will not open the disk afterwards for me. is this because im using a 2gb sd?
    It didn't just dump a file onto the SD card?
    It didn't just dump a file onto the SD card?
    no it says the card needs to be formatted... so i tried to open the disk in winhex and it cannot mount it.

shal i format and retry? what File system??
  17.    #17  
    no it says the card needs to be formatted... so i tried to open the disk in winhex and it cannot mount it.

shal i format and retry? what File system??
    Weird. I have no idea I'm afraid.
    great i cannot get it to dump the boot loader again mtty just does nothing when i enter the commands this time. and the treo does not say backing up BL
  19.    #19  
    great i cannot get it to dump the boot loader again mtty just does nothing when i enter the commands this time. and the treo does not say backing up BL
    I will probably play with it at some point, but at the moment I'm busy trying to get my phone functioning again.
    im going to reboot it in to WM and then initiate the boot loader via dialpad
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast