Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfos22 View Post
    Surur do you have any Info on propose reseale dates?
    The Sprint roadmap from April said the HTC Touch Pro is coming in September, and the Diamond in November. The FCC documents for the HTC Touch Pro asks for confidentiality until October, so that should give a general idea for when its expected to come out.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by MinistrOfJustiz View Post
    Man, my wife would kill me if we got two phones and I made her take the crappy one....
    Well... she considered it an upgrade from a Samsung Blade
    Did you guys see the cnet review of the Diamond:

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/...tag=prod.txt.1

They have a video showing the interface and while it looks slick it is S-L-O-W. That would drive me crazy. They also say the call quality is pretty bad, but they reviewed the GSM version.

Hopefully HTC will correct these issues with a software update.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Fumblerooski they have already updated the ROM. Check it out

http://www.theunwired.net/?item=vide...ile-smartphone
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    The reason your 700wx kills the mogul is that the mogul was designed for WM5 and WM6 was slapped on it.
    The WM 6.1 update though is actually nice on the Mogul, imo.

Regardless, I was only talking about the hardware on the Mogul: terrible. Those "soft key" buttons are too tiny, the dpad is not good..basically I find the whole device uncomfortable to use and my 700wx much easier to just navigate on.

It's just a poor side effect of the slider. To have stretch my thumb down to the bottom of the device to use the dpad and buttons is just not ergonomic, where as on a Treo your thumb is in its natural, relaxed position.

Just like how the Moto Q, while thin, requires you to stretch your thumb if you want to reach for that left softkey or Q, A letters.

Though another device, it's basically like this example:

My 700wx with WM6 on it is still faster and better than a Mogul (sans the GPS and Wifi of course).
    Not enough memory. Kind of like the 700wx.
    Really? The 700wx has around 40mb of free RAM on boot, which is considerable. Heck I don't monitor any of my apps or memory and just let it run, no issues. The 800w will have nearly 100mb of available RAM on boot, which is a ton for WM.
    Besides I hardly think the Palm will be faster than the touch in general.
    With or without TouchFlow 3d? I bet with TF3d the 800w will be faster as TF3d requires significant resources to run on top of the OS.

Honestly, the only way HTC can make their devices faster is by jamming a more power hungry processor in there--that's not exactly an elegant solution.

Palm, by comparison, has cut nearly 25mb of needed RAM to run WM6.1 from the 800w (and nearly the same for storage), which tells you how slim and trim the OS is on that device.

That's the same for the 700wx and why Palm WM devices don't require the fastest processors to run--they made the OS more efficient.

I keep hearing that Palm tweaks the WMOS, but I would like to have examples of what they did for the 700wx
    (Digs into his wayback posts at pdaphonehome...)

Most of these were in comparion to the ppc-6700 or just perks of the 700wx:

--hardware ringer switch (on/vibrate)

--very loud earpiece

--better speakerphone

--faster camera application

--better phone application w/soft keys for mute and speakerphone. You also have quick access to your recent call log, contacts and much better Speed Dial

--contact search is the 1st item on the today screen. dialing is so easy now.

--memory: they technically have the same but the 700wx has more available. You can be running a dozen programs and still have 30mb+ of free Program Memory. It's virtually impossible to run out. Out of the box, you have 57mb of storage space. I have everything I want on there (including Skype and Opera) and still have 26mb left.

--ringer options for known, unknown and roaming callers.

--battery meter counts in SINGLE digits increments

--better battery life: slower processor and is more efficient. Plus, you can throw in a 2400 mah battery and it's the same size as the stock. No bulk.

--boot time: 15 seconds

--keyboard and screen are very bright.

--better handling of EvDO. Don't know how to explain this: it just seems to load and process everything faster. Even my Slingbox looks better on the 700wx as far as streaming goes.

--Built in: MS VoiceCommand, Picsel Viewer

--If you hold down the "OK" button it brings up your running programs so you can close them...one handed. Imagine that!

--No blinking LEDs
    But like I said earlier, most of the stuff Palm does is under the hood. All I know is all else being equal (memory wise), a Palm WM device requires less to run.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    The WM 6.1 update though is actually nice on the Mogul, imo.

Regardless, I was only talking about the hardware on the Mogul: terrible. Those "soft key" buttons are too tiny, the dpad is not good..basically I find the whole device uncomfortable to use and my 700wx much easier to just navigate on.

My 700wx with WM6 on it is still faster and better than a Mogul (sans the GPS and Wifi of course).
    I think that is a valid comment. For navigation etc, the 700wx is easier to use, esp with the dpad at the bottom of the mogul. The HTC Home screen along with Ultimate Lauch alleviates alot on the mogul/touch

Really? The 700wx has around 40mb of free RAM on boot, which is considerable. Heck I don't monitor any of my apps or memory and just let it run, no issues. The 800w will have nearly 100mb of available RAM on boot, which is a ton for WM.
    The 700wx bogges down when multiple apps were open. I ran some tests: 700wx vs HTC touch and was surprised to see the 700wx actually loaded programs a hair faster than the Touch. Negligible but faster nonetheless. That was until both phones had a couple of programs open. When that occured the Touch was significantly faster, probably due to the increases memory.
    With or without TouchFlow 3d? I bet with TF3d the 800w will be faster as TF3d requires significant resources to run on top of the OS.

Honestly, the only way HTC can make their devices faster is by jamming a more power hungry processor in there--that's not exactly an elegant solution.
    Obviously, without TF3d to keep the comparisons fair. Also the Touch Pro will be pushing 3x the # of pixels of the 800w, so a faster processor with proper drivers is a must.

Palm, by comparison, has cut nearly 25mb of needed RAM to run WM6.1 from the 800w (and nearly the same for storage), which tells you how slim and trim the OS is on that device.

That's the same for the 700wx and why Palm WM devices don't require the fastest processors to run--they made the OS more efficient.
    Yes, but they also have more time to refine the OS in between devices

(Digs into his wayback posts at pdaphonehome...)
    Thanks for the list. I think some of the topics mentioned are valid, ie the hardware ringer switch and the dialing frontend. Some I disagree with like the screen and camera. There is nothing about that crappy 240x240 screen that should be used as a positive experience In fact if it had been 320x320 I probably wouldn't have switched. Also the camera is the most horrid camera ever put on a cell phone Lets hope the 800W is better
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123