Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Frankly, I dont like PDA slider phone anymore. So I am waiting for the 800w and it will replace my Mogul.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    aHH I see so its just that looking at the Touch pro next to a Diamond it looks huge . so I will assume that if you put a 800W next to a diamond it would look huge also. one of the reviews i read of he touch pro stated it barley fit in a .pocket. Im a little concerned about that but we shall see.

What is 18.5 MM in inches ??

Those are some TIGHT pockets
    Treo Lineage: 600 -> 650p -> 700p -> 755p -> 700wx
    Currently Using: 700wx | 800w | Moto Q9c | Mogul

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync WM5.0: 2068 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.0: 50 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.1: 2 Users
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    Frankly, I dont like PDA slider phone anymore. So I am waiting for the 800w and it will replace my Mogul.
    agreed-

had a treo 600, 650, 700p and got sick of waiting on new palm os last december and went to verizon mogul- man aim i sick of no front keyboard. Everything is just a bunch more complex without it.

also- WM blows on the 6800- the people on the 700p's complainin about "lag" have no clue. WM lags, locks, dies, etc etc all the time. It's like a windows 3.1 machine....

I'm hoping that palm's tweaks to the wm os make it usable and plan to try out the 800w in when it makes it out to verizon in the fall. I'm so sick of the lack of front keyboard I'm debating going back to my treo 650 (gave the 700p to my partner so he could try out a smartphone- he wont give it back- laughin!).
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    What is 18.5 MM in inches ??
    Less than three-quarters of an inch. Yay, Google!
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    for point of reference on size- my xv6800 (aka verizon mogul)- fits fine in my pocket. I dont even have a holster. it's a little smaller then the 650/700 treos but seems WAY smaller in my hand and pocket.

so if the 800w is around the same then it's an improvement on the 650/700's
    HTC Touch PRo--CDMA version was just approved at the FCC.

So the big question is --is it coming to sprint a lot sooner than we thought?
    The touch pro is slightly thinner than the at&t tilt and the tilt was NOT that thick for a slider! The touch pro WILL be the god of WM phones! Also, can't beat that touch flo 3D and not to mention the video drivers. My friend has the touch diamond and he plays all those morphgear games with ZERO frame rate issues! Not to mention GPS... Does the 800w still come with GPS because I have NOT seen it listed on the most current specs.... better MP camera w/flash... RAM is like 512/288.... and from what I hear, BATT like is pretty good on touch pro...
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    for point of reference on size- my xv6800 (aka verizon mogul)- fits fine in my pocket. I dont even have a holster. it's a little smaller then the 650/700 treos but seems WAY smaller in my hand and pocket.

so if the 800w is around the same then it's an improvement on the 650/700's
    For us still stuck in the US measurement system:

Mogul/xv6800 - 4.3" x 2.3" x .7"
    800W - 4.44" x 2.28" x .73"
    HTC Touch Pro - 4.01" x 2.0" x .71"
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    HTC Touch PRo--CDMA version was just approved at the FCC.

So the big question is --is it coming to sprint a lot sooner than we thought?
    Has the TOuch Diamond been approved for CDMA in the states yet? SInce it came out first in Europe/Asia I would think it would come out first here also... Unless they think the Touch Pro with the keyboard advantage will be a better piece to go up against the iphone 3g.

On another note, does anyone know if the Touch pro will have the same soft keyboard input options that the Diamond does despite it having a keyboard? That is a deal breaker for me, as I still need to be able to type one handed as needed as well.....?? I ask because I notice the MOGUL according to its manuall does NOT offer the input choices the original touch does.

Mike
    @Raspster,

All of those features on the Touch Pro might not make up for the suckiness of a slider.

I was just reminded of this when flashing WM 6.1 on the Mogul: decent software, awful hardware...truly awful. Sometimes I get the impression that the meaning "ergonomic" is not relative in Hong Kong. My 700wx kills the Mogul for comfort, speed and ease of use.

Heck, i'll throw down the gauntlet now: I hereby bet I can do most tasks (email, calendar, sms, gps, search, lookup contacts etc.) faster on the 800w than the Touch Diamond/Pro ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Heck, i'll throw down the gauntlet now: I hereby bet I can do most tasks (email, calendar, sms, gps, search, lookup contacts etc.) faster on the 800w than the Touch Diamond/Pro ;-)
    I bet thats mostly true, except for the natural advantage of a slider - I expect peak and sustained typing speed is faster on the Touch Pro. Just having a full 5th row and punctuation buttons without shift is going to be a real advantage.

I type a few hundred words every day taking notes in a daily meeting. I will enjoy my Touch Pro.

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 07/01/2008 at 01:53 AM.
    This is interesting. From a previous photo, I was envisioning the 800W as being much thinner. Man, that's a disappointment. I really like the size of my Motorola Q (even with extended battery). I'd hate to go back to anything larger. I'd say right now my two leading candidates for what I will get next January is the Touch Diamond or the iPhone 3G (I know I will have to switch to AT&T).
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    agreed-

had a treo 600, 650, 700p and got sick of waiting on new palm os last december and went to verizon mogul- man aim i sick of no front keyboard. Everything is just a bunch more complex without it.

also- WM blows on the 6800- the people on the 700p's complainin about "lag" have no clue. WM lags, locks, dies, etc etc all the time. It's like a windows 3.1 machine....

I'm hoping that palm's tweaks to the wm os make it usable and plan to try out the 800w in when it makes it out to verizon in the fall. I'm so sick of the lack of front keyboard I'm debating going back to my treo 650 (gave the 700p to my partner so he could try out a smartphone- he wont give it back- laughin!).
    You do know that the problem with the Mogul is THE mogul itself not having enough memory (~24MB more or less on start). Now i have Ebag333's Win Mobile 6 on my 700Wx (a device pushing more than 2 yrs) and i can say (for maybe the first time) that i really really like Windows Mobile.
    So don't confuse an abomination of a device like the Mogul with Windows Mobile in general.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Don't forget - that Touch Pro KB looks great on paper, but in actuality, it's not usable on-handed. You could lay it down on a flat surface bu the screen does not tilt like the Tilt so the KB quite deficient IMO.

Then again, VGA is hard to ignore, and if the SW keyboards are decent, I'd have to at least take a look, even if I already have an 800w by the time this drops.
    Looking at that Raphael/Touch Pro pic: Where is the keyboard layout "QWERTZ" instead of "QWERTY"?

Just curious. Is this a f@ck up with the mock up, or is that the standard layout in some country(ies)?

Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by MinistrOfJustiz View Post
    Looking at that Raphael/Touch Pro pic: Where is the keyboard layout "QWERTZ" instead of "QWERTY"?

Just curious. Is this a f@ck up with the mock up, or is that the standard layout in some country(ies)?
    Its the german QWERTY layout.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    @Raspster,

All of those features on the Touch Pro might not make up for the suckiness of a slider.

I was just reminded of this when flashing WM 6.1 on the Mogul: decent software, awful hardware...truly awful. Sometimes I get the impression that the meaning "ergonomic" is not relative in Hong Kong. My 700wx kills the Mogul for comfort, speed and ease of use.

You might be able to do them faster, but not better. I would rather read on a Touch Pro/I would rather sling on a touch pro, I would rather surf on a touch pro.

The reason your 700wx kills the mogul is that the mogul was designed for WM5 and WM6 was slapped on it. Not enough memory. Kind of like the 700wx. You run alot of apps on it and it will slow to a crawl, whereas my touch will breeze through them all. I traded my 700wx to my wife and picked up a touch. The touch blows it away in almost every category. I had a friend that attempted to leave palmos (755p) for the 700wx and just couldnt do it. He gladly traded away the 755pos for a HTC touch and hasnt looked back.

Also the touchpro has no beveled screen (unlike the 850 *ahem*) and will be much better for actually 'touching'. Besides I hardly think the Palm will be faster than the touch in general. If you mean you can assign launch buttons for the keyboard than yes, the 800w will be faster. I keep hearing that Palm tweaks the WMOS, but I would like to have examples of what they did for the 700wx
    Last edited by volwrath; 07/01/2008 at 10:02 AM.
    So Mal--With the FCC approval of the CDMA TOuch Pro--when do you think Sprint will get it? Any ideas/contacts?

Maybe Sprint is trying to ninja ahead of ATT by getting the touch pro early.
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    I traded my 700wx to my wife and picked up a touch. The touch blows it away in almost every category.
    Man, my wife would kill me if we got two phones and I made her take the crappy one....
    [QUOTE=gadgetfreaky;1455614]So Mal--With the FCC approval of the CDMA TOuch Pro--when do you think Sprint will get it? Any ideas/contacts?

Maybe Sprint is trying to ninja ahead of ATT by getting the touch pro early

I'm like GadgetFreaky, I want to know if & when the Touch Diamond & Touch Pro are coming to Sprint. I have the 700p and I'm READY to upgrade. I bypassed the Instinct beacuse I wanted another Smartphone. Come On Sprint Get the jump on The Diamond/Touch Pro. Surur do you have any Info on propose reseale dates?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast