Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    eh, I personally hate flashes on camera phone. I mean, the camera is usually bad enough, but that "flash" aka some terrible bright, yet inefficient lamp just makes photos awful looking. Even on my d40 I only buy fast lenses since flash photography, unless one has mastered the technique, is just awful looking.

But really...the fact is this is a business device and a camera is pretty secondary to the main function. I just don't see the benefit of a flash on these things. JMO.

Agreed- but the one cool thing about a flash is the little apps that turn them into flashlights.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    sorry to be nieve what is the difference between sms and mms?
    SMS (Simple Message Service) is your basic text message. MMS (Mulimedia Message Service) allows you to send pictures, voice clips and video clips (depending on carrier) in the same manner as you send texts.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    any word on RAM?

also, is the unorthodoxy of the 320x320 screen bound to cause compatibility issues with some 3rd party software?
    Quote Originally Posted by saqer View Post
    any word on RAM?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...48&postcount=1

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Agreed- but the one cool thing about a flash is the little apps that turn them into flashlights.
    Correct. That's what they're best at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    eh, I personally hate flashes on camera phone. I mean, the camera is usually bad enough, but that "flash" aka some terrible bright, yet inefficient lamp just makes photos awful looking. Even on my d40 I only buy fast lenses since flash photography, unless one has mastered the technique, is just awful looking.

But really...the fact is this is a business device and a camera is pretty secondary to the main function. I just don't see the benefit of a flash on these things. JMO.
    These newer LED lights can do a pretty good job. Better something than nothing.
    Anyone notice how little free RAM there is on the 800w? Not terrible, but not great. 55MB used and 43MB free.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Anyone notice how little free RAM there is on the 800w? Not terrible, but not great. 55MB used and 43MB free.
    Where did you see the used/free split?
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Where did you find those numbers? The latest numbers indicate around ~100mb free.
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
    Doh! P 338 of the User Guide shows 98 MB total RAM, 44 free, but I would like to believe that more than a few apps were running when they took that shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Doh! P 338 of the User Guide shows 98 MB total RAM, 44 free, but I would like to believe that more than a few apps were running when they took that shot.
    Hopefully. Seems odd that they would do that though. Still, not sure how the OS could take up 55MB running unless they gave it a huge pagepool to make it fast. Probably 24-32MB.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234