Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    It strikes me that this picture looks the same as the ones leaked earlier, that Malatesta said was still test samples. Will there actually be any appearance improvements in the final device or not?

Surur
    Specs were right on the money in every way As far as more changes--yeah, I was expecting some and they were a little more than educated guesses, but they were also not guaranteed. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    So now Palm thinks it's Apple?
    Palm has no role in this, it's a Sprint policy and they have said as much.

Read:
    Sprint, MMS and Windows Mobile: Why They Hatin'?

Sprint and MMS: It's in the works for Windows Mobile!

There is no MMS on Sprint BlackBerry phones either btw.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Specs were right on the money in every way As far as more changes--yeah, I was expecting some and they were a little more than educated guesses, but they were also not guaranteed. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Read:

And if MMS is so important to you, download the program sMMS, which makes Sprint's PictureMail almost identical to MMS on other devices. Personally though, I've never had the reason to use MMS ever. If I want someone to look at a picture, I send it to their email so they can look at it on a computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

Read:

well find out soon if these are the final verisons we are seeing on the net or if there is going to be any different effects to the phone
    What email program are you guys using or sending to that makes email pictures so efficient? I haven't had much luck, except for Gmail(and sometimes AOL), but that's not where my main accounts are.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    What email program are you guys using or sending to that makes email pictures so efficient? I haven't had much luck, except for Gmail(and sometimes AOL), but that's not where my main accounts are.
    I only send pictures, which taken by my Treo, via Outlook. The size is around 200K, it does not create any mailbox size limit problem for the recipents.

Off-topic - From what I know, most spam filters are scanning the subject field, do you put the subject when you send pictures to others.
    I have several email accounts all through different services (gmail, godaddy, mail2web) and I have no problems with any of them sending or receiving attachments.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I get the spam problem when receiving attachments. The program either quarantines the attachments for permission to open, or asks me for approval to view. Upon sending, I do say that I'm sending attached photos, banners, or in one case music files, in emails sent out; not necessarily always in the subject line though. I don't know what kind of program my contact who can't open attachments is using. He said he got them but was unable to open them. And one person didn't get them at all. This isn't true every time for every recipient, but it's gotten to where if it's non-business related, I MMS or allow people to MMS me because it's too much of a PITA trying to confirm whether or not a file was received.

I should say that I barely use Outlook because too much info is stored on the hard drive from that program. I usually use web based email.

To tell the truth, I'm not a huge fan of either MMS or email attachments because they always cause me extra work or take up space. BUT MMS is much easier to view and dispose of(or save if there's really anything worth saving). Someone sent me 10 email photo attachments the other day I never asked for and it was just plain annoying. I also got a 1MB photo once and also once a 7MB(I don't know how that happened, maybe he used Outlook?) photo attachment. They consumed far too much space in my Inbox by my standards. If I'd gotten them by MMS, I could have had the option to move them to the card then dispose of them faster, LOL! Instead one caused me to get a blocked email box due to nearing the space limit and the other was just a plain annoyance to download due to the size alone. I download to look at them and then they take up valuable space on my computer because they were useless. Although I did use the electronic shredder on them afterwards.

I'm just not a fan of inbox clutter. To me it's worth it to get an MMS on my messaging plan and dispose of it after viewing, rather than sign on to a cluttered inbox full of stupid attachments that I then have to download to figure out if I want them or not. Attachments are only useful if business related. But in my case, people must think too many attachments are cool or something. When I ask them to MMS, perhaps since there's a charge on their end, they think twice before sending useless stuff. I have never gotten an MMS I never asked for specifically, as compared to email attachments.

Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to explain why I personally need to keep using MMS. I hope they don't do away with it, or I may be forced to look for a way to block just about 95% of attachments from even reaching my Inbox.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I have several email accounts all through different services (gmail, godaddy, mail2web) and I have no problems with any of them sending or receiving attachments.
    How high are your spam filters set? I wonder if that may be one reason for the problems. I have mine on high and so almost all images are considered not friendly.

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I don't really care about MMS, and it shouldn't be a factor for deciding whether to buy the 800w. Look for something else, like the new 320x320 screen, wi-fi, and 2 mp camera - these are what people really care about these days, at least I do.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    2MP is low end, LOL! Wifi, it's about time, but too late, except for maybe die hard Treo fans. The screen maybe, but there are just too many other options out there to jump for the 800w. Maybe the 850, but we'll see.

How high are your spam filters set? I wonder if that may be one reason for the problems. I have mine on high and so almost all images are considered not friendly.
    I keep mine relatively low so that may indeed be the problem.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    2MP is low end, LOL! Wifi, it's about time, but too late, except for maybe die hard Treo fans. The screen maybe, but there are just too many other options out there to jump for the 800w. Maybe the 850, but we'll see.
    Actually not much choices.

In term of form factor, we can choose:

Touch screen: iPhone, HTC
    Sliding Keyboard: HTC, SE (coming soon)
    Front qwerty Keyboard: Palm, HP, BB, MOT, ASUS, SAMSUNG

In term of functionality, all devices in the market are quite similar.

WiFi - Lack of mobility & power sucker
    Camera - from 300K to 5MP (all suck compare to DC)
    BT - mostly use for headset
    GPS - some new cars have built-in GPS.
    For form factor, maybe if you want to limit yourself to only QWERTY keyboards. I can use T9 without a headache. So I have LOTS to choose from besides Palm.

Functionality similar on most phones? Not exactly. Although a lot of this is determined by carriers(yuck), some phones are able to do way more than others. Non-locked down GSM phones seem to be the most functional from what I've seen.

Does anyone know if the most recent picture of the 800w that's posted on the engadget article in the first post is an accurate representation of the resolution on the 800w? Specifically, from that picture, it looks like you can fit about 9 items/lines on the Today screen. On my Mogul's Today screen, I can fit roughly 13 lines/items. Do you all think that Today screen is just a Photoshopped image from the 700wx or is that really an accurate representation of the 800w's screen? One of the reason's I passed on the 700wx was the 240x240 screen so I'm really hoping the 800w's 320x320 provides that extra screen real estate that the 700wx was lacking.
    PDAPhoneHome Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty1781 View Post
    Does anyone know if the most recent picture of the 800w that's posted on the engadget article in the first post is an accurate representation of the resolution on the 800w? Specifically, from that picture, it looks like you can fit about 9 items/lines on the Today screen. On my Mogul's Today screen, I can fit roughly 13 lines/items. Do you all think that Today screen is just a Photoshopped image from the 700wx or is that really an accurate representation of the 800w's screen? One of the reason's I passed on the 700wx was the 240x240 screen so I'm really hoping the 800w's 320x320 provides that extra screen real estate that the 700wx was lacking.
    I cant say if its real, but the higher resolution is not expected to produce extra screen real estate, just smoother fonts.

Surur
    Palm is trying (or hardly trying, w/e) but it is a bit late for me and my 700Wx. I'm holding out for the Touch Pro.
    A 2.4" screen doesn't cut it for me anymore especially after playing with the Opera browser from the Touch Diamond on my Treo. That is what a web browser should be and a larger screen is needed to bask in its entire glory.
    333 Mhz processor, are we still back in 2004?? I'm definitely holding on to my $249.99 and adding it towards a Touch Pro.

I'm already running WM6 on my 700Wx and it's awesome, really.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    It just dawned on me...

Palm's market for the 800w is not really us here... i dont think they expect a lot of you using the 750, 700wx to be upgrading

They made this phone for their enterprise users who are using their Treo WinMob phones.

So they may not be listening as hard to y'all.
    If Palm was really listening to ANY of us here we would have had most of these features years ago.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    I'm planning to upgrade from my 650 and looking forward to getting this device. I have a blackberry for work and would never get one for personal use - I need a phone that have a ton of software - half the reason I love the 650 was all the things I used it for over the years from software (GPS with TomTom and a bluetooth gps, internet radio & mp3 player with pTunes, Video Player of my divx collection with tcpmp, etc) all on a 8GB sd card which is why I don't mind giving Microsoft Mobile OS a try since it can do it all too.

As a sprint user and switching isn't an option (I would pay two to three times more on other plans), I really don't see any options in the next three months coming to sprint with a resolution greater or equal 320x320 with wifi with readily available software titles. Only the HTC Diamond or HTC Touch Pro, but will a cdma version even be released?

btw, I agree with The Phone Diva, MMS is awesome! Think shopping for a used car and emailing your friend at another dealer pics several times - not practical. Only push-email would make emailing a picture be as quick and hassle-free. Just my two cents from my experience when using mms, and yes, sprint's way of dealing with receiving mms sux.
    Last edited by opacityzero; 06/29/2008 at 12:50 PM.
    I had thought that the 800w was coming with a 400mhz processor? Doesnt the current 700W/WX have a 3xxmhz processor already?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast