1.    #1  

IT FINALLY GOT DONE!!!!!!!!!
    Just finished updating my Sprint Treo 700wx to WM6 with Ebaggs ROM, Installed Voice Command 6, works PERFECTLY with WM6 over BT, Bluetooth no long dropping out I get at least a 15 foot range now with my Sprint Treo 700wx.
    Quote Originally Posted by ausexec View Post

IT FINALLY GOT DONE!!!!!!!!!
    Just finished updating my Sprint Treo 700wx to WM6 with Ebaggs ROM, Installed Voice Command 6, works PERFECTLY with WM6 over BT, Bluetooth no long dropping out I get at least a 15 foot range now with my Sprint Treo 700wx.
    Congratulations!

What is "Voice Command 6?" Do you mean Voice Command 1.6? Note that this ROM comes with Voice Command v1.6.18125.
    As far as I can tell, this does enable activation of VC via a headset but you're still required to issue commands into the phones mic. This is the same as it has been since 1.6 was released.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Is this real? hype? from a user with ONE post..?

Can anyone else confirm?
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Is this real? hype? from a user with ONE post..?

Can anyone else confirm?
    Confirm what? That WM6 works?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    That BT works and maybe BT voice command..
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Confirm that when you press the multi-function button on a Bluetooth headset, Voice Command 1.6 is invoked properly, routing audio through the headset, so that you can speak a voice command into your Bluetooth headset microphone, hear a confirmation (if so configured) in your Bluetooth headset speaker, and have the phone properly execute the action you requested. In other words, can you fully use Voice Command 1.6 if the Treo 700wx is completely out of reach of your hands and out of range of your voice, the way Voice Command 1.6 works on many other phones via Bluetooth.

So far, with Windows Mobile 5 "official" ROMs, the best we have is that pressing the headset button initiates Voice Command 1.6 on the phone, but you must speak into the phone's microphone in order to execute a command. If the phone is in your pocket and you're in a car, it is very difficult to use Voice Command 1.6 in this manner because the phone cannot generally hear what you are saying.

With new handsfree laws coming into effect in California next week, the Treo 700wx with stock ROM fails to perform adequately using Bluetooth. If WM6 fixes this issue, that would be wonderful news. But one poster coming in with wrong version numbers, mis-typed nicknames, and typos has some of us baffled.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    As far as I can tell, this does enable activation of VC via a headset but you're still required to issue commands into the phones mic. This is the same as it has been since 1.6 was released.
    As I stated, this is how it (still) works...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    As I stated, this is how it (still) works...
    Grant - thanks. Sorry, I wasn't ignoring your post, but when you said "As far as I can tell" it wasn't clear to me if you were speaking from direct experience or if you had just been following the threads and were assuming based on lack of any other evidence.

It is quite possible (this has happened before) that the OP had the Treo on the desk in front of him when he "tested" Voice Command over Bluetooth and thinks it is working because the phone happened to pick up his voice. But it won't work if your Treo is in a bag in the back seat of the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by haus View Post
    Grant - thanks. Sorry, I wasn't ignoring your post, but when you said "As far as I can tell" it wasn't clear to me if you were speaking from direct experience or if you had just been following the threads and were assuming based on lack of any other evidence.

It is quite possible (this has happened before) that the OP had the Treo on the desk in front of him when he "tested" Voice Command over Bluetooth and thinks it is working because the phone happened to pick up his voice. But it won't work if your Treo is in a bag in the back seat of the car.
    No problem... I thought you may have missed the post.

I have, in fact, tested it and if I'm away from my phone it errors out. If I'm at my desk with my phone a foot away it works wonderfully. Audio does not pipe to the headset nor does it stream from the headset. It all still requires the phone hardware.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Ebag333, I don't usually say this to guys, not even my own dad, but I love you.
    I'm rocking your stripped WM6 Rom on my 700Wx and it's good. Keep them coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    I don't usually say this to guys, not even my own dad, but I love you.
    If you really loved me you'd buy me an 800w. Today.

(I've always dreamed of having my own cult where I come up with some flimsy excuse to get all the members to give me stuff. This is as good of an excuse as any I guess. )
  13. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Audio does not pipe to the headset nor does it stream from the headset. It all still requires the phone hardware.
    I know this isn't exactly what you are talking about but I just bought the Jabra BT8040 and I can get audio to my headset! Sortof cool to get 'New Message from ... ' audio in my ear though without looking at my phone. Not to mention, streaming a Cardinals game or listening to a podcast. Music is not great quality in one ear but it is reminiscent of the Grateful Dead hour on AM.

However, I have not tested verbalizing a Voice Command through the headset. Sortof figured it wouldn't work.

I felt this was relevant to the thread because without the 6.0 ROM work I would still be sucking my thumb whining about how 700wx bluetooth sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwg View Post
    because without the 6.0 ROM work I would still be sucking my thumb whining about how 700wx bluetooth sucks.
    Now you can just suck your thumb and whine about how a hundred and one other things on the 700wx sucks.

Incidentally, are you running the initial 6.0 ROM I posted or the Testing 2?