Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    how do I know the WM 6 upgrade install worked? Is there something that will change in my phone? It stated the activesync 4.5 upgrade was completed and that includes the upgrade to WM6, but I want to make sure if possible I did it correctly.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Start > Settings > System > About. It should say "Windows Mobile(R) 6 Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by paulig13 View Post
    how do I know the WM 6 upgrade install worked? Is there something that will change in my phone? It stated the activesync 4.5 upgrade was completed and that includes the upgrade to WM6, but I want to make sure if possible I did it correctly.
    Wait, you lost me there. Did you update ActiveSync to the latest version on your PC, or did you install the WM6 upgrade to the device?

Updating ActiveSync to 4.5 just adds compatibility for WM6 devices. There is a WM6 update for the device that is a separate download from ActiveSync.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
    Doesn't sound like you upgraded the phone at all.

Upgrading Active Sync does not upgrade the phone, that's separate.

On the phone do: Start / Settings / About / Version

and see what it says.
    Brian G [in the UK] [Treo 750 with WM6 TREO750-2.27-RWE]
  5.    #5  
    you are right, it says I still have version 5.0. So where do I find wm6 and how do I put it on my phone?
    you are right, it says I still have version 5.0. So where do I find wm6 and how do I put it on my phone?
    It comes from the support area on palm.com.
    Go to the Treo 750 support area for your country on palm.com and see if you can find it.

For instance the WM6 upgrade for my SIM free UK Treo 750 was here:
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/5rk563
    Brian G [in the UK] [Treo 750 with WM6 TREO750-2.27-RWE]
  7.    #7  
    Yes, I was finally able to upgrade to WM 6 pro, and wow, what a difference. I had to obtain a temp serial number from Palm because it kept stating my device already recieved the softward upgrade, but it never did.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    hey guys so I finally was able to find a WM6 upgrade for my treo 750. but the thing I have a question about it is will this upgrade relock my phone to att?? I purchased my treo off ebay and it was unlocked but branded cingular. I really want WM6 on my 750 but I'm afraid it will relock it and att as we all know won't give away the codes. so if anyone can please help me I would greatly appreciate it. thanks.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    No, the upgrade does not relock.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    okay well my only question now is how do I start the upgrade once I download it from the internet and save the zip file onto my computer??
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    nevermind guys I figured it out. It doesn't relock the phone at all. the only bad thing is I now have to call T-mobile customer service back to re-setup my MMS settings. other than that WM6 is lightyears better than WM5, so if you haven't gotten it yet I really suggest you get it.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    this is the exact website I got it from and the one that palm will direct you to if you call them or use there free live chat with a customer care representaive.

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...,Case=obj(2241)
    Quote Originally Posted by fktruong View Post
    this is the exact website I got it from and the one that palm will direct you to if you call them or use there free live chat with a customer care representaive.

http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBC...,Case=obj(2241)
    I notice that there is a warning about the update being version-specific. If I were to install the generic, non-branded update to a Rogers Treo (unlocked) would it serve to unbrand the device?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    it wouldn't rebrand your treo. I used that link to upgrade mine but afterwards it gave me all the AT&T crap but I just got rid of all of it by deleting it from the programs list through file explorer.
    Is it possible to install Windows Mobile 6.1 on the Treo 750??
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I honestly have no idea cause I really haven't tried to look for it. WM6 works so much more better than WM5 I really don't know if I need to look for an upgrade to WM6.1 right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Is it possible to install Windows Mobile 6.1 on the Treo 750??
    I've heard talk of folks that have done it successfully and rave about it, but it appears a bit complicated for me. My WM 6.0 Treo 750 is working so well right now I hesitate to make any changes. Plus, there are a few stories of people who did the upgrade and ran into stability problems. I have no idea if these issues were caused by third-party apps or something else, but they regret doing the 6.1 upgrade <shrug>. I'm waiting for a compelling reason to look into it further.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    I've heard talk of folks that have done it successfully and rave about it, but it appears a bit complicated for me. My WM 6.0 Treo 750 is working so well right now I hesitate to make any changes. Plus, there are a few stories of people who did the upgrade and ran into stability problems. I have no idea if these issues were caused by third-party apps or something else, but they regret doing the 6.1 upgrade <shrug>. I'm waiting for a compelling reason to look into it further.
    Yea, I just gave my Blackberry Curve to my GF, who is in the process of becoming a lawyer, but I ordered another one. I am also using my Treo 750 again, but the iPhone and the Blackberry Bold have ruined me as far as the 750's low 240x240 screen resolution. What is the matter with Palm and the 850...

And I agree...6.1 won't give me what I really want, which is the 850...it won't ever come out, will it?
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I think there will be a better chance of seeing the iPhone being released for CDMA before we see the 850 out for GSM. palm is taking way to long to release it even though it is ready for release. I also was looking around for the WM6.1 upgrade and no luck finding one that works yet. I have a co-worker who has WM6.1 on his shadow and there really isn't a difference between WM6 and WM6.1
    I had 6.1 on my 750 and it wasn't that big a deal.
    It also was buggy.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast