Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by fktruong View Post
    I think there will be a better chance of seeing the iPhone being released for CDMA before we see the 850 out for GSM. palm is taking way to long to release it even though it is ready for release. I also was looking around for the WM6.1 upgrade and no luck finding one that works yet. I have a co-worker who has WM6.1 on his shadow and there really isn't a difference between WM6 and WM6.1
    Since AT&T has an exclusive on the iPhone in the U.S. through 2010, there won't be a CDMA version before that.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    yeah but is the 850 gonna be finished and out before 2010?? I really hope so but in reality we know its not gonna be.
    Have any of you noticed any difference in screen resolution with WM 6? I'm speaking mainly about viewing photos, videos or even the 750 camcorder video playbacks?
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Yea, I just gave my Blackberry Curve to my GF, who is in the process of becoming a lawyer, but I ordered another one. I am also using my Treo 750 again, but the iPhone and the Blackberry Bold have ruined me as far as the 750's low 240x240 screen resolution. What is the matter with Palm and the 850...

And I agree...6.1 won't give me what I really want, which is the 850...it won't ever come out, will it?
    Isn't Palm already selling the 850 (and WM 6.1) in an unlocked GSM version?
    You can use the unlocked 850 on any GSM carrier...
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The "Treo Pro" is being sold in Europe. It will be offered in the US later this year. I think this is, more or less, what people referred to as the 850. There's lots of info on it at Palm's web site.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo800want View Post
    Have any of you noticed any difference in screen resolution with WM 6? I'm speaking mainly about viewing photos, videos or even the 750 camcorder video playbacks?
    Haven't noticed any difference.
    Not sure if we should anyway.
    It's a software upgrade.
    Just call me Berd.
    I'm using 6.1 and except for an occasional lockup when I have too many applications open, I don't find it to be buggy.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by trjons View Post
    I'm using 6.1 and except for an occasional lockup when I have too many applications open, I don't find it to be buggy.
    Yea, the one you posted a while back:

has been working great.

Thanks

I'm not sure where I got a hold of that buggy one I had before.
    Just call me Berd.
    Is the Treo 750 upgradable to WM 6.1?
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Yea, the one you posted a while back:

has been working great.

Thanks

I'm not sure where I got a hold of that buggy one I had before.
    The other one was made by ChaiMD I believe and it was slimmed down to a Lite version. Some people had problems with that one including me!
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    The other one was made by ChaiMD I believe and it was slimmed down to a Lite version. Some people had problems with that one including me!
    Yea, that was it. I remember now, ChaiMD Lite.

As far as the one were running now, it could be my imagination, but it seems more stable than the Official RWE 6.0 that I was running before.
    Just call me Berd.
    I believe that as of this date (9/3/08) ATT is currently selling the 750 with WM 6 already installed.

Do breakdowns and bugs still occur as frequently as with WM 5? How about screen resolution with WM 6? Is the 750 in general a better performaning device with WM 6?
    The screen resolution is unaffected, because it's a hardware limitation, so it's still 240x240. Windows Mobile 6 works very well and I have no stability issues for the most part.
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Haven't noticed any difference.
    Not sure if we should anyway.
    It's a software upgrade.
    Berd,, thanks...ignore my later post on the resolution.
    The screen resolution is unaffected, because it's a hardware limitation, so it's still 240x240. Windows Mobile 6 works very well and I have no stability issues for the most part.
    Crunch, as with Berd, thank you on the resolution...I'm ignorant on the whole thing.
    I wouldn't say you were ignorant. There are no stupid questions. And if there are, then I've asked my own share of them. No worries!

I wouldn't say you were ignorant. There are no stupid questions. And if there are, then I've asked my own share of them. No worries!
    Thank you, Crunch...I haven't checked this forum in awhile, but since I'm getting closer to a decision on getting a treo I'll probably visit here regularly.
    I was able to get this ROM going on my 750 and I'm very happy with it! 6.1 is much faster then 6.0

My only question is this ROM doesn't have MSN Messenger, where can I get this? I've tried googling but no dice. Any help would be appreciated!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12