Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Does anyone think we have a chance of getting a 6.1 update? Supposedly the 750 was the first device announced to get the update back at the conference when Microsoft revealed its new management server. However when i chatted Palm support yesterday they said they were not aware of any update for this phone at all. They implied that it was soon to be a discontinued device. I know there is supposedly an "official" beta one over at xda but even last time with the 6.0 update palm acknowledged its existence even if they didn't provide a date. Should we all just wait (in the US at least) for march of 2009 at the earliest for the 850?
    In Geological time Very, Very, Very, Very, Very Soon does mean 6months to 2 years.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    When WM6.1 was first announced, the only Palm device listed as getting an upgrade was "future Treo model", which I have to assume is the 850. My opinion is that any later statements listing the 750 were erroneous.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Makes sense, thanks.
    In Geological time Very, Very, Very, Very, Very Soon does mean 6months to 2 years.
    There will be no further updates to the 750.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I also note that even though Microsoft has updated the list of devices that will be upgradeable, the Treo 750 is still not on the list. In fact, the only Treo mentioned is for Sprint (the "future" model I noted earlier.)
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    So is the 850 going to come to AT&T / US (any carrier)? Or should Treo Windows users switch to Sprint and the 800 W?