View Poll Results: What Pocket Office do you use?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Word

17 65.38%
  • Excel

14 53.85%
  • PowerPoint

5 19.23%
  • OneNote

3 11.54%
  • None of them. Kill them all!

5 19.23%
  • Can I lick Malatesta?

4 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1.    #1  
    I'm running into file size limitations, so I'm looking at clearing out some files that might be....unneeded.

Anything that I remove I would have a seperate cab of it so you could easily install it if you so desired.

I'm looking at either completely or nearly completely removing Pocket Office. It's incredbily bloated, with (AFTER UPXing) over 2 megs going to PowerPoint alone. Fine if you want to install it to a card or even the device, not so great in the ROM.

So I'm posting this thread to try and get an idea of what I can/should remove.

Please only vote for something if you use it on a regular basis. Not on a "well I used it last year, so....." type basis.
    I'm sure it is small, but Dict Mgr is WM 5 version and does not work properly on WM6.

Plus, this is something one could install on one's own onto an SD Card.

Total Commander can go, too. I (and maybe others) use MemMaid, and since I started using that I never use Total Commander any more.

What are you trying to squeeze in there?
    Last edited by westronic; 06/27/2008 at 10:49 AM.
    One more comment - I would not really mind if my whole Office was installed afterwards into the Storage Card.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    I'm sure it is small, but Dict Mgr is WM 5 version and does not work properly on WM6.
    Thanks. I'll drop that. It was a carry-over from my WM5 ROM and I never really fully tested it in WM6.

Total Commander can go, too. I (and maybe others) use MemMaid, and since I started using that I never use Total Commander any more.
    Total Commander is very small, so I'm not terribly worried about it. Plus it's nice to have for before you install MemMaid.

What are you trying to squeeze in there
    6.1 stuff. It's quite a bit larger than this hybrid 6 that Verizon has.
    @ Mal...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  6.    #6  
    So far it looks like getting rid of PowerPoint and OneNote and keeping Word/Excel is the way to go.

Of course that's only after 9 votes.....
  7.    #7  
    So the plan is to remove Powerpoint and One Note, leave Word and Excel. Seems those are primarily the ones used, so it should be a pretty fair compromise.
  8. dwg
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    One more comment - I would not really mind if my whole Office was installed afterwards into the Storage Card.
    Totally agree. I'd be happy with all or some on SD card.
    I use Excel daily and word weekly, but my main care is bluetooth headset performance IE good call quality. I use my phone for my business and nothing makes me HOTTER than people complaining of me garbled or broken up.

So any thing that can be done to enhance bluetooth and cell radio performance.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    I use Excel daily and word weekly, but my main care is bluetooth headset performance IE good call quality. I use my phone for my business and nothing makes me HOTTER than people complaining of me garbled or broken up.

So any thing that can be done to enhance bluetooth and cell radio performance.
    Try the 6.1 bluetooth drivers (in my testing 2 ROM). They make a WORLD of difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Try the 6.1 bluetooth drivers (in my testing 2 ROM). They make a WORLD of difference.
    Thanks,can they be added to the stock WM5? I can't afford down time right now on my Treo to play with the WM6.1

Side note. I used a Mogul with 6.1 on it and my Blueant Z9 worked worse than on my Treo..
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.