Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    Well, with the new ROM I cannot get either encryption working for e-mail (nor digital signing), not can I direct connect to the server.

    The server connection thing could very well be my company's servers, so I am not too worried unless someone else could connect with WM5 and now cannot.

    For encryption, that worked flawlessly in WM5 and now it own;t work. the certs are in, but Outlook does not recognize them (or something).

    Anyone else use encryption with Pocket Outlook and using the new WM6 custom ROM(s)?

    (This is a repeat of a question getting lost in the large custom ROM discussion)
  2. #2  
    I can't answer for the encryption issues as I've never tried to use encryption but I have an OTA ActiveSync connection with an Exchange server and have had ever since I upgraded and I've had no problems out of it.

    The only problem I've noticed thus far that the new Outlook does not appear to be properly supporting HTML mail like it should.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I can't answer for the encryption issues as I've never tried to use encryption but I have an OTA ActiveSync connection with an Exchange server and have had ever since I upgraded and I've had no problems out of it.

    The only problem I've noticed thus far that the new Outlook does not appear to be properly supporting HTML mail like it should.
    If I am correct, it takes WM6.1 and/or Outlook 7 for HTML mail to work properly. I don;t remember exactly, but it sounds familiar.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    If I am correct, it takes WM6.1 and/or Outlook 7 for HTML mail to work properly. I don;t remember exactly, but it sounds familiar.
    I dunno... I was under the impression that HTML mail came standard with WM6 which would imply that it would work with these custom ROMS.

    It is possible that I'm incorrect, though. I do not know.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I dunno... I was under the impression that HTML mail came standard with WM6 which would imply that it would work with these custom ROMS.

    It is possible that I'm incorrect, though. I do not know.
    Don't forget that Verizon has some serious hybridization going on here.

    I've found elements of 6.1, 6.0, and 5.X.

    Why? You got me....
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I dunno... I was under the impression that HTML mail came standard with WM6 which would imply that it would work with these custom ROMS.

    It is possible that I'm incorrect, though. I do not know.
    True, but for some odd reason HTML mail with Echange Server has some sort of oddball support with certain versions of WM and/or Exchanger Server. I can't remember the details, sorry.

    It seems to be working for me, though.

    edit: I found this comment from a discussion: "...you need Exchange 2007 to get HTML email from a non PoP account on WM6. "

    Now... can anyone reading this thread please try to use encryption/digital signatures? I'd like to know if the problem is just me, or an universal problem with this custom ROM.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Now... can anyone reading this thread please try to use encryption/digital signatures? I'd like to know if the problem is just me, or an universal problem with this custom ROM.
    Walk me through it and I'd be glad to give it a try. I'm not buying a certificate, though... I'm a bit low on funds at the moment. ;-)
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.

Posting Permissions