1.    #1  
    http://www.download.com/8301-2007_4-...?tag=cnetfd.mt

i dl this morning and although there are some bugs associated with it, i have experienced any. It has a lag sometimes when u scroll down your buddy list which is kinda annoying but can't complain on the price. No today plugin so when you do other things on the phone you don't know if you've received an IM or not. The UI is great though.
    Finally!!! It is a nice program. great functionality. It is a bit slow, it it appears to push the limits of the Palm. Awesome!!
    I like Palringo myself. It's a bit of an odd interface, but it allows me to use gTalk, AIM, ICQ, MSN, and YIM all at once.
    Yeah I normally use Palringo. The slowness of this program may actually cause me to continually use Palringo. They update their software on a normal basis. It is the best program for all of those buddy programs.
    hmm, this is starting to look interesting. New beta now supports out of client notification and is a bit faster. Still needs work and performance tuning but getting usable.

http://beta.aol.com/projects/aimwinm..._aim_beta2.cab

Certainly beats the pants off of the hacked UK client and the price is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    hmm, this is starting to look interesting. New beta now supports out of client notification and is a bit faster. Still needs work and performance tuning but getting usable.

http://beta.aol.com/projects/aimwinm..._aim_beta2.cab

Certainly beats the pants off of the hacked UK client and the price is right.
    Agreed vast improvement from previous version. One thing that sux though is it takes a spot on left soft button menu so you lose access to one of the programs on there. In my case it was the SMS app.
    Yeah, but that's at least only the case while aim is running and sms notification still works from the left button.
    Is the program unbelievably slow for anyone else? There is a delay in reaction to my button pressing. Not impressing me very much becuase of that. The look and feel of the program is great! I still am diggin' Palringo much better.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I've got this installed on an ATT Tilt with the factory ROM (minus the bloat).

Installed onto the device's internal memory store, it runs reasonably quickly. Loading time is a bit long, but once up and running, actual IMs are much faster for me than the OZ Instant Messaging application that came on the tilt.

There is a wee bit of lag, but this IS still a beta no? Not bad, could use a few tweaks...but it is definitely usable.
    The UI is a bit sluggish, and it has quite a memory footprint. But as stated it is a beta. They made quite a bit of improvements between versions in one week, I imagine functionality might be a little more higher priority in the beta at the moment than performance. They have been pretty behind and need to catch up with the third party apps. Has anyone used the SMS IM option(Menu>NewMessage>Text Message)? Could be useful with people low on text messages?