1.    #1  
    Just curious what are the main not obvious differences between the 800W and Mogul. The obvious are keyboard on mogul is slideout , Mogul has a flash on camera, form factor is a little different and screen on mogul bigger ( I think) otherwise there specs seem very simiar (wifi, gps, sdcard , WM 6 etc) . IS there a reason why the 800W would be a better buy than the Mogul. I am just curious what someone who has the mogul thinks , are they jumping to the 800W or someone who is thinking about purchasing the Mogul but are you now waiting for the 800W. Im waiting for the 800W but I was suprised the specs were similar for both other than the 4 obvious (Flash, keyboard, Form Factor, screen size)
    doesn't the 800 have more available ram?
  3.    #3  
    That I did not know. That might be big for running software on WM . Im also not sure if the upgrade to 6.1 is out yet for the mogul but I belive its soon.
    I think your point is well taken. A lot of these phones are more alike than anything else. As gruppe3942 stated, the 800W will have more available RAM. Far more actually. In real terms, you're going to have several times more memory on an 800W than on a Mogul. Imagine DCD working his magic with that? That would be nice!

But beyond that, it's very much in the form factor and in the tweaks and enhancements that we'll see in the 800W. I've used the Mogul and XV6800 and although I really liked the extra screen real estate, I was surprised at home much I missed the one-handed operation of Treo handsets. It actually irritated me that I had to use two hands. But that's completely an issue of personal preference. Others might feel the exact opposite.

The things that would set one phone apart from another, a more powerful processor, the inclusion of a more powerful camera with autofocus, a capacitive touch screen... all of those things are still lacking.
    Well uh...the 800 is not out but...

the mogul was a piece of trash when it came out. i can't speak to the software that gave it the gps upgrade but.
    1) the battery life was bad
    2) the processor speed was bad
    3) it was just kinda klunky in terms of performance

i imagine the processor and battery life is still bad but i would hope the gps is nicer with the new software
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    The Mogul is RAM crippled it is maddenly slow!!! Battery life nothing to right home about. Other than that it is the form fatcor that you prefer.
  7.    #7  
    Good info , thanks. Im waiting for the 800W , was just curious about the Mogul. Much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    Well uh...the 800 is not out but...

the mogul was a piece of trash when it came out. i can't speak to the software that gave it the gps upgrade but.
    1) the battery life was bad
    2) the processor speed was bad
    3) it was just kinda klunky in terms of performance

i imagine the processor and battery life is still bad but i would hope the gps is nicer with the new software

Had the 700wx for 1.75 years. Huge but it got the job done. Didn't like the 240x240 screen. Gave it up for a mogul and am regretting that choice all the time now. The mogul is slow slow and klunky, and I hate it. There's no way around it...esp if you've used a Treo 700wx. It's like lightning speed. It's an important element in the user satisfaction of a smartphone.

Btw 320x320 will make things sharper, but apparently unless there's a hack, a 320x240 rectangular screen will actually display more lines of text! Dumb.
  9.    #9  
    yeah the more I research the more I see the huge issue with the memory. becomes a memory mangement issue. also its pretty thick. Looks like a small paperback novel. I have flashbacks to my VisorPrism with Sprint Phone Modules days. think was a brick. atkeast the 800 looks like the size of a 755. that's not too bad. would be terrific if the 800W had a flash on it . thanks forthe info.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    has anybody compared 800w with HTC raphael or diamond? both should be coming out at Sprint in fall?
  11.    #11  
    I touched on what I read about them in the palm to windows thread. the Touch Pro (rapheal) is simply amazing but its got a sliding keyboard which some hate. the Diamond has no keyborad. these will not be out until late this year or next year. there very nice but they are huge. like books. much bigger than the treos and centro. Touch pro is like a mini laptop. it is amazing and I would purchase in a second as a mini laptop . I just may but I plan on having the 800 as my main device/phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    yeah the more I research the more I see the huge issue with the memory. becomes a memory mangement issue. also its pretty thick. Looks like a small paperback novel. I have flashbacks to my VisorPrism with Sprint Phone Modules days. think was a brick. atkeast the 800 looks like the size of a 755. that's not too bad. would be terrific if the 800W had a flash on it . thanks forthe info.
    Sprint has admitted the device is flawed. It was designed for wm5.0, it got delayed and they decided to upgrade to wm6.0 without really considering the additonal demands 6.0 has over 5.0- mostly RAM related.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I touched on what I read about them in the palm to windows thread. the Touch Pro (rapheal) is simply amazing but its got a sliding keyboard which some hate. the Diamond has no keyborad. these will not be out until late this year or next year. there very nice but they are huge. like books. much bigger than the treos and centro. Touch pro is like a mini laptop. it is amazing and I would purchase in a second as a mini laptop . I just may but I plan on having the 800 as my main device/phone.
    Actually, the Touch Diamond is very small and the Raphael is the same thickness as the Mogul which is the same thickness as the 800w

Having said that, the Diamond series also has no external buttons whatsoever, so no ringer switch, quick launch camera, etc, whereas the Treo will have dedicated email, calendar, ringer and wifi keys/buttons. It will also cost a fortune (estimates for the quad band Touch = $699-$849)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    there very nice but they are huge. like books. much bigger than the treos and centro. Touch pro is like a mini laptop. it is amazing and I would purchase in a second as a mini laptop . I just may but I plan on having the 800 as my main device/phone.
    Actually, the Touch phones are actually smaller than a Treo, and the Touch Pro is very slightly heavier:

Touch Diamond: Dimensions = 102 x 51 x 11.5 mm Weight = 110g
    Touch Pro: Dimensions = 102 x 51 x 18.1 mm Weight = 165g
    Treo 755p: Dimensions = 113 x 59.3 x 21.3 mm Weight = 160g

PS: oops, the above message ninja-posted me.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    i think my plan is --go Iphone..then within 30 days --august ---

hopefully the touch pro is back w/ sprint. then go back to sprint sero for cheaper deal. hopefully the touch pro will be out on sprint by late august /early sept.

800 doesnst have a nice enuf screen for me--i like browsing the web on the phone and i fell in love with watching babylon 5 on my phone in the apple store.
  16.    #16  
    Acording to this pic from treonauts the 800W is not as thick as the Mogul , not that its a lot thinner but they say its the same size as the 750.

http://blog.treonauts.com/2008/05/more-treo-800w.html
    Acording to this pic from treonauts the 800W is not as thick as the Mogul , not that its a lot thinner but they say its the same size as the 750.

http://blog.treonauts.com/2008/05/more-treo-800w.html
    • 700wx: 111 mm x 58 mm x 22.9 mm
    • 750: 111 mm x 58 mm x 22.1 mm
    • Centro: 107 mm x 54 mm x 18.5 mm
    • 800w: 112 mm x 58 mm x 18.5 mm
    • Mogul: 110 mm x 59 mm x 18.5 mm

link/specs

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I got the Mogul.

I have enough of slider PDA phone. It feel like holding a flat 18" size pizza.

I will get the 800w.