1.    #1  
    I may be imagining this, but since I've upgraded to ebag's custom WM5 ROM, there no longer is a function for the side button (which used to activate voice dialing). there is side button (HOLD), but I used that for a separate function.

anyone else notice this?
    I have not messed with any custom ROMS, but have you tried reapplying your settings on your phone? Goto settings->buttons and make sure that voice dialing is still assigned to that button.
    The only option for the side button is HOLD.

There is no other options for that button -- in any rom that I know of.
    Quote Originally Posted by bschlinker View Post
    The only option for the side button is HOLD.

There is no other options for that button -- in any rom that I know of.

Isn't that the only option in WM5, too, unless you hack it or use AE Button Plus or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by citivolus View Post
    I may be imagining this, but since I've upgraded to ebag's custom WM5 ROM, there no longer is a function for the side button (which used to activate voice dialing). there is side button (HOLD), but I used that for a separate function.

anyone else notice this?
    Works fine here... I am using his "final rom" version...

Don't like some of the programs he put in there because I have better ones but the side button works fine. And I miss my Hotmail access... But again my side button works fine... I can select the voice thing or anything else...

Haven't messed around with it myself because I am in process of upgrading 5 computers at my house while working 70+ hours a week... Plus trying to setup a website... and a couple other projects...

Fun..

Rodney
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    Don't like some of the programs he put in there because I have better ones
    Not to derail, but which ones don't you like, and what do you have that's better?

If you are using something that's free, I have no problem with including it in my ROM if it's something I feel will be universally wanted. (And is fairly small, and plays well in ROM, many programs don't.)
  7.    #7  
    But again my side button works fine... I can select the voice thing or anything else...
    Rodney
    do you have both the "side button" and "side button (HOLD)" functions available to assign? that is my problem. i only have side button (HOLD).
    Quote Originally Posted by citivolus View Post
    do you have both the "side button" and "side button (HOLD)" functions available to assign? that is my problem. i only have side button (HOLD).
    I've only had side button (hold).

Not sure what you added to get just side button, but it's not stock.
    Well I have a program called "Taskmanager" That has a seemingly more productive registry editor, has the same functionality as the "shutxp" program and lets you play with the tasks much like how the ctl-alt-del combo works on a pc...

Biggest thing I liked about the registry editor is it let me export the registry for looking at settings.. The registry editor you include allows looking at settings but you have to pay for it to allow it to export and such. I used it to import the settings as well...

I have a registry hack that was added that converts the digital clock to a clock/date line. Leaves the "provider line" available for other things and I get the date in any program I can see the time in. I loose no realestate that way. Would be nice to have the keylight application and a working alarm clock in ROM... Those programs should be very small and I can't see them not being able to be IPXed...

Havent had time to mess with any of this yet though..

Rodney
    Well I have a program called "Taskmanager" That has a seemingly more productive registry editor, has the same functionality as the "shutxp" program and lets you play with the tasks much like how the ctl-alt-del combo works on a pc...
    That's in ROM now already.

While it does do all those things, some it doesn't do all that well. For example the registry. Too much real estate is lost by having it a window inside a window.

I have a registry hack that was added that converts the digital clock to a clock/date line. Leaves the "provider line" available for other things and I get the date in any program I can see the time in. I loose no realestate that way.
    If you don't like the MortScript, it's a simple matter to remove it from the ROM or simply delete from StartUp once flashed.

Would be nice to have the keylight application and a working alarm clock in ROM... Those programs should be very small and I can't see them not being able to be IPXed...
    I'll look at possibly including some of these.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I think I found what the OP is looking for:

Cellneuron Side button

In that original post, there's both a registry hack and a cab file. I got lazy and just tried the cab file. It works fine.
    Yes, that is my boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post

Cellneuron Side button

In that original post, there's both a registry hack and a cab file. I got lazy and just tried the cab file. It works fine.

How odd. This used to work when the phone was WM5. But now, with the full WM6 ROM, it does not work.
    I have never had the side button option in WM5 on my wx. a while ago I found the side button hack that mixman posted. It works great. I use it for the camera.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    How odd. This used to work when the phone was WM5. But now, with the full WM6 ROM, it does not work.
    I'm running it just fine with the previous version (non-test 2) of the WM6 Full ROM and it works like a charm.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    I'm running it just fine with the previous version (non-test 2) of the WM6 Full ROM and it works like a charm.

Hmmm... I find it is indeed bringing up the camera app with a press of the side button, but it is not assignable. Very frustrating. The registry entires all look correct.

Hmmm.. I can assign it by manually changing the first registry entry. Still investigating.

Done... it shows up in AE ButtonPlus, and that's good enough for me!
    Last edited by westronic; 06/26/2008 at 03:32 PM.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post

Cellneuron Side button

yes, that was it! thanks so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    That's in ROM now already.

While it does do all those things, some it doesn't do all that well. For example the registry. Too much real estate is lost by having it a window inside a window.
    Hmm, the taskmanager is already in ROM? As to the registry editor, you CAN play with it and it will allow you to use as much real estate as the other one you have used... Also it will let you export and such where as the one you installed in the original wm5 rom will not let you do that unless you register the program.
    Hmm, the taskmanager is already in ROM? As to the registry editor, you CAN play with it and it will allow you to use as much real estate as the other one you have used... Also it will let you export and such where as the one you installed in the original wm5 rom will not let you do that unless you register the program.
    Unfortunatly it slipped out of the last ROM I posted. I lost it when I rolled back a few versions to correct some problems, and I keep forgetting to put it back it. D'oh!

I think it's a great program and has some excellent functionality, and I'll definatly use it a lot. It's just not quite as....simplistic....as some of the other programs in there. Both Task Manger and the other ones are quite small, so including both doesn't really make much difference one way or the oher, anyway.