Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    Is there a way to set the 700wx so when a call comes in it will automatically open the contact in the contact database of the phone? I am using Act/Companionlink, if that maters?

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    this is not <exactly> what you want, but once the call is established, you can hit Menu/Look Up Contacts (assuming your Act! contact database doesn't mess things up somehow), and you'll be looking at the contact record of the person with whom you're talking....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    this is not <exactly> what you want, but once the call is established, you can hit Menu/Look Up Contacts (assuming your Act! contact database doesn't mess things up somehow), and you'll be looking at the contact record of the person with whom you're talking....
    Mine does not work that way. When I go into contacts it starts with the A's. It doesn't bring up my contact from the call. Besides this, I have been very happy with act...so far.

    Could I be missing something in my setup?
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by B&W700guy View Post
    Is there a way to set the 700wx so when a call comes in it will automatically open the contact in the contact database of the phone? I am using Act/Companionlink, if that maters?

    Thanks

    I use same setup.

    I remember Dieter talking about a program in a podcast, think it is called call calendar.
    It is supposed to create a appointment in the calendar with the time and person you talked to. I have not tried it yet.
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    I use same setup.

    I remember Dieter talking about a program in a podcast, think it is called call calendar.
    It is supposed to create a appointment in the calendar with the time and person you talked to. I have not tried it yet.
    Thanks for the heads-up. But I want something that will pullup the contact name so I can Jot down some notes from the discussion.

    Any other ideas?

    Thanks
  6. #6  
    I know you are looking for an automatic solution, but if you open notepad during a telephone call, the caller details, number and time of the call are automatically entered into a new note, its really handy. I can usually pull up notepad in 2 button presses, because i have a shortcut for it on my start menu, but its the best way for me to jot notes about a contact during a phone call.
    Last edited by makrotonik; 06/26/2008 at 05:39 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik View Post
    I know you are looking for an automatic solution, but if you open notepad during a telephone call, the caller details, number and time of the call are automatically entered into a new note, its really handy. I can usually pull up notepad in 2 button presses, because i have a shortcut for it on my start menu, but its the best way for me to jot notes about a contact during a phone call.
    Thanks, I will try it!

Posting Permissions