1.    #1  
    I recently purchased an almost new 750 (only 350 minutes of total usage) and the original owner never upgraded to WM6. Should I upgrade? Also, although the phone is AT & T branded, I have T-Mobile coverage, so would it cause problems if I upgraded to WM 6?
    I have a 750 on TMo account and it was upgraded by the original owner and so far I don't see any issues with using it with T-Mo. WM6 has fixes for issues on WM5 and does a pretty decent job at it.

In my case, I suspect that since it was an AT&T branded phone, the 750 did not configure the network connections automatically like it did on the Palm OS version. All the one it could set up automatically was T-Zones. The rest like MMS and if you have data plan like T-Mobile Internet or T-Mobile VPN, I had to configure that myself, otherwise, it kept insisting on the AT&T setup by default.
    My personal experience is that I found WM5 to be so horribly slow. After upgrading to WM 6, it was like night and day. If you are happy with WM5, stick with it. If you are finding it slow, consider upgrading.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Quote Originally Posted by paulig13 View Post
    I recently purchased an almost new 750 (only 350 minutes of total usage) and the original owner never upgraded to WM6. Should I upgrade? Also, although the phone is AT & T branded, I have T-Mobile coverage, so would it cause problems if I upgraded to WM 6?
    Go with WM6. It's SO much better.

If you need an unbranded installer, PM me and I'll send you links & instructions.

As for Tmo settings, I'm sure there are other users who have figured out the config by now and are willing to share.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    How do i update my treo 750 to wm6?
    My phone is Unbranded and unlocked and being used on Tmobile
    S/W Ver. 2.23-RWE
    Hardware A
    Firmware Ver. 1.54.00.00
    Thanks in advance, Jerry
    Software version 2.23 means you already have WM6 installed. There is a minor update for that WM6 version, version 2.27.
    wm6 is so much more stable than wm5. I put my 750 down for a different device until wm6. It felt like palm released a new model. Definitely do the wm6 update.
    It keeps downloading everything on the server not just 1 days worth. It also keeps downloading previously downloaded emails. HELP!