1.    #1  
    Hi,

My goal is to watch a streaming video (from a video file on a remote server),
    using win mobile media player,
    and WLAN connection to the remote server.

when using ftp I'm able to browse to the remote file,
    but when trying to play it (i.e. double click the file)
    I get the question:
    "would you like to save the file"
    and if I click yes - it downloads the file and then play it.
    (instead of streaming)

does anyone knows If I need some dedicated application in order to watch stream video??
    if yes, which application?
    (I tried also TCPMP).

Doesn't win media player support it?? (using open->url for e.g.)???

Thanks
    Do you control the remote server, because if its windows you can run windows media encoder, which will transcode and stream a lot of media.

Re streaming your particular file, if you want to put up a link to a sample, we could try our various software and tell you what works.

Surur
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Do you control the remote server, because if its windows you can run windows media encoder, which will transcode and stream a lot of media.

Re streaming your particular file, if you want to put up a link to a sample, we could try our various software and tell you what works.

Surur
    Thanks Surur,
    Generally I can control the server, but, I dont understand how running an application on the server, can help the mobile play it on streaming? isn't it an ability I should add to the mobile and not to the server?

I will be happy to get some references to win mobile streaming application.
    Its a mountain to mohammed kind of thing. If you trancode to a format you know WMP can deal with you won't have to worry about codecs on your mobile device.

Surur
  5.    #5  
    thanks surur. I would like to ask for some clarification:
    if I'm trying to stream a wmv movie, I would still need some Encoder at the server side?
    I know the WMP can decode this file, since it download it, and then play it on the mobile. my problem is that it does not stream it.