View Poll Results: upDATE or upGRADE???

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm happy with my wx, bring on the WM6!!!

4 17.39%
  • Why WM6??? Gimme the real thing (800w) already!!!

10 43.48%
  • Don't need WM6, and can wait the year-or-so for the 800w!

2 8.70%
  • I'm with Sprint, nanny-nanny-boo-boo!!!!!

7 30.43%
  1.    #1  
    I really want to see if I am alone in this. I am curious as to how many people will be pacified with the WM6 update: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=165893 , compared to the actual release of the 800w!!

I know the update will be free, so people not up for upgrades, or just don't have the $$$ handy for a new device will be happy, but what I am thinking is VZW should stop investing time and money into an update for a device they are fazing out already (not that the wx is 'bad' now, but you know what I mean) and work on releasing a device actually close to the overall release date with other carriers!!!

i have been using an alltell WM6 rom on my sprint enabled 700wx for a few days now and all i can say is 800w what??? i cant see trashing a few hundred dollars in batteries and accessories in order to get rev. A evdo and built in wifi ... perhaps if the screen on the 800w was 320 x 240 i may be forced into the change
    Quote Originally Posted by captblaze View Post
    i have been using an alltell WM6 rom on my sprint enabled 700wx for a few days now and all i can say is 800w what??? i cant see trashing a few hundred dollars in batteries and accessories in order to get rev. A evdo and built in wifi ... perhaps if the screen on the 800w was 320 x 240 i may be forced into the change
    Where did you get this, how did you apply it and just in case, is it reversible?
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    i found it at xda props to NightRaven. now to answer your other question... i have gone back to a more sprint acceptable rom to see if it could be done. i was skeptical at first, but i am a believer now. be forewarned, there are 2 seperate rom upgrades available. i chose the alltell for the generic branding (no vzw welcome screen for me). pay attention carefully to the instructions given. any deviance could brick you. one last thing... make sure you have the MSL for the phone as well as the MSID just in case you need to reactivate the phone after the rom upgrade. other than that enjoy a much more responsive and updated o/s for your aging but still capable 700wx
    I'd vote, but my choice is not there...."sorry Treo, I'm getting an iPhone."

But if and when the WM6 comes for 700wx, of course I'd do it to my 700wx.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    My WX has been solid except for the BT. WM6 isn't that much of a change. Dumped the POS 6800 for the Centro to hold me over till the 800 arrives. I miss the WM os but the Centro has been a great solid little phone so far.
    Release a device, maybe a couple of updates to address issues you couldnt get a handle on before release.....THEN MOVE ON!! VZW needs to get on the ball and get the latest devices out BEFORE Sprint or at least at the same time. When the 8hund hits VZW, Im there! One, no camera please!
    I aint nobody, dork!
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by jchrist View Post
    Release a device, maybe a couple of updates to address issues you couldnt get a handle on before release.....THEN MOVE ON!! VZW needs to get on the ball and get the latest devices out BEFORE Sprint or at least at the same time. When the 8hund hits VZW, Im there! One, no camera please!
    I'm with ya there, except Sprint does have the period of exclusivity, so if they release on their projected date (July 22 I believe), then I think it will definetly be LATER in the third quarter that VZW is projecting at the earliese (which I guess I can live with......I hope)!!

Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    except Sprint does have the period of exclusivity
    Ok, didnt know that one. Interesting.
    I aint nobody, dork!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jchrist View Post
    Ok, didnt know that one. Interesting.
    MinistrOfJustiz explains it pretty well in this post (read the site he posts as well, pretty interesting (although it now makes me worry about the GPS functionality LOL)):

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=11