1.    #1  
    I feel like an ***** 'cuz I can't figure this out!

I can manage categories JUST FINE on the desktop. But there's a set of categories that I can't make go away on the T750. There is nothing categorized with these categories - they're just taking up space in the chooser list.

Gotta be some way to do this, no? Please help!

Thanks,
    Doody
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Please explain in more detail what you mean by "categories" and "chooser list". Neither of these terms are familiar to me in the context of Windows Mobile.
  3.    #3  
    sure thing. create a new appointment in the calendar. one of the fields you can set is "Categories:". to set the Category there pops up a a list of Categories (Personal, Business, etc.) each with a check box. there's also a "New" button to create a new Category.

but there seems to be no way to DELETE a Category.

ditto for Tasks and Contacts.

doody
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Ah, in Calendar. Can't help with that as I use PocketInformant. Have you tried tap-and-hold on a category name?
  5.    #5  
    yup - definitely tried that - no dice.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Ok, I played with this a bit. I could not find any way in the standard Calendar app to do this. I could do it in PI8. What happens if you delete the category on your desktop - does it remain on the Treo?
  7.    #7  
    yeah, everything is "clean" on the desktop.

furthermore, the odd categories on the treo have nothing assigned to them in any app (tasks, calendar, contacts).

guess it's time to fire up a registry editor!

thx dude.

doody.
    they don't appear to be in the registry
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    It will be in the "pim" database file. Not user-editable as far as I know.

I suppose you could download a trial copy of PocketInformant 8, install that, go to the category Edit page and delete it, then uninstall....
    You can only edit the categories in Outlook on your PC ( I think). Start Outlook and open an appointment, now click on the Categories button, then the Master Categories List. Now you can delete the categories you don't want. Next time you synch they should change on the Treo too.
  11.    #11  
    I'm using Outlook 2007, Modified. Don't have any such options available.

The Pocket Informant trial worked GREAT though! They're finally fixed and gone!!!!

Now I'm gonna play with PI to see if I want to pony up for that.

Thanks guys,
    Doody
    Hi,

I read this in a MS forum and it worked on my Treo Pro.

"To delete a stale category this worked for me (I have a WM6 phone): ensure no tasks/contacts/calendar appointments have that category. Create a new task, assign the stale category, then delete it."

Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by guilledil View Post
    Hi,

I read this in a MS forum and it worked on my Treo Pro.

"To delete a stale category this worked for me (I have a WM6 phone): ensure no tasks/contacts/calendar appointments have that category. Create a new task, assign the stale category, then delete it."

Hope this helps
    Thank you so much! I was trying so hard to delete a stupid category... This definitely did the trick. Thanks again