Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Treo 750 WM6 Telstra Australia.

I got sick of the Motorola H700 not feeling comfortable and tending to swing away from my ear when my head was tilted at an angle, also callers often remarked my voice was muffled.

Shop let me swap it for a Z9 which is terrific, best headset I have had to date... however when I pair it with the Treo it is fine, if I switch off the Treo or remove battery it finds the headset when switched on again but... if I switch off the Z9 and then switch on again it doesn't connect automatically, I have to reconnect through the Treo Start>Settings>Connections.

I'm pretty sure the Motorola H700 just reconnected.

Does anyone know if this is how it should be?

Thanks for any help
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    No, that's not how it should be. I have the Z9 and it reconnects with my 750 as soon as I turn it on. Do you have the latest firmware for your Z9? The easiest way to find out is by going to Connections->Bluetooth. If you have the latest firmware, it should say BlueAnt Z9 v3.4.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    No, that's not how it should be. I have the Z9 and it reconnects with my 750 as soon as I turn it on. Do you have the latest firmware for your Z9? The easiest way to find out is by going to Connections->Bluetooth. If you have the latest firmware, it should say BlueAnt Z9 v3.4.
    No Z9 Firmware says 3.3, I haven't upgraded because on the Blueant site it indicates that it is only a minor upgrade.

I will upgrade as soon as I get a quiet moment, and will come back with results.

Thanks for the quick answer.

Bill
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    OK didn't do the obvious and go to Blueant site and upgrade Firmware because it seemed to be only a "MINOR" upgrade, now I have upgraded from 3.3 to 3.4, it works like it should i.e. move out of range of mobile and it loses connection move back and it regains connection, sometimes the obvious is so damned obvious I fail to see it.

Sent Blueant an email late Tuesday night, they contacted me Wednesday morning within an hour of start of business in my time zone and put me on the right track, fantastic, probably the best support response I have ever experienced from any CS person for any device.
    Good to hear that it worked out for you. I've been very happy with my Z9, and I was so happy with it that my wife ended up buying one. We had some problems, but we ended up doing a hard reset of her phone to fix it. We're both very impressed with the headset, and also the fact that we haven't had to use CS yet.

I only wish you could change it from a man to a woman's voice on "voice isolation standard/max". No reason, but I think it would sound better...
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix