Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Will this new rom have any improvements to the radio for reception and for the Blutooth?
    Still waiting for Hitachi to reintroduce the G1000 with a VGA screen and more memory. I still miss that crash prone beauty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palm_forlackofchoice View Post
    Will this new rom have any improvements to the radio for reception and for the Blutooth?
    Verizon might never release this rom. (Since its still a rumor) no one can say for sure.
    The closest rom to WM6 is the one from nigntraven at xda-developers
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Verizon might never release this rom. (Since its still a rumor) no one can say for sure.
    The closest rom to WM6 is the one from nigntraven at xda-developers
    I would actually prefer it not be released, and VZW concentrate their resources on releasing the 800w as early as Sprint, or ASAP after (yeah....I know, I am dreaming)!!!!

P.S. As far as the rumor idea goes, I can't get any hint of this out of Palm or VZW, and the originally posted URL does not work, so I am thinking it very well may be a rumor....we'll see!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Actually, this was just what I was waiting for.

Watch the custom ROM thread for the next few days. I hope/expect to have something out this week. Hopefully I won't get lynched for sitting on it.

Any new news on Ebag's stuff or the official VZW update?
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    Any new news on Ebag's stuff or the official VZW update?
    Hope to see a 6.0 WM6 trimmed ROM either today or tommorrow.

If it doesn't show up by tommorrow, don't expect one until Monday (at the earliest) as I'm busy all weekend.
    Cool. Thanks.
    I hate crossposting...but.....

WM6 release!

Take a peak at the second post or download here.

I've provided a stripped/UPX'd WM6 ROM that has tons of room in it. Mmmm...comfy!

My full WM6 ROM is still forthcoming, but I anticipate all of the previously added programs that you saw in WM5 (sans Sprite Backup) and then a few. Oh, and you'll have about 2 megs extra space to install whatever little bits you so desire.

The stripped ROM is running ~8 megs free space. I need to update my kitchen to handle the WM6 ROM file size numbers (as the 1.15 Sprint WM5 ROM has a bug in one of the files that makes the file size seem weird).
    I hate crossposting...but.....
    Hey....if you have something to be proud of, post as much as you can, I am sure a lot of people will appreciate it!!!! Way to go!!!!

So what exactly must someone who has a 700wx (WM 5) VZW do to get WM6?

The full version. . .not too skilled at flashing roms on phones and such, and really want to minimize any damage that could possibly done.

Is the software available through Verizon?
    Last edited by surreal1221; 07/09/2008 at 05:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by surreal1221 View Post
    So what exactly must someone who has a 700wx (WM 5) VZW do to get WM6?

The full version. . .not too skilled at flashing roms on phones and such, and really want to minimize any damage that could possibly done.

Is the software available through Verizon?
    Not officially availible through Verizon.

No more danger in flashing it with the ROM's posted here than with useing Verizon's upgrade. It does the same thing. And it's no more difficult, either.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    In theory if Verizon actually puts out this upgrade would it be easy to carry over to Sprint? I know there is ebag's rom but aren't there added "Palm tweaks" in the Palm phone OS upgrades?
    Not officially availible through Verizon.

No more danger in flashing it with the ROM's posted here than with useing Verizon's upgrade. It does the same thing. And it's no more difficult, either.
    Gotcha, well. . .I'll just stick with WM5 for now then. Really not in a position to go messing with the ROM on my phone unless someone else is going to do it and if they do it and it screws up I can easily have it replaced.
    Take a peak at the second post or download here.

I've provided a stripped/UPX'd WM6 ROM that has tons of room in it. Mmmm...comfy!
    is this for Verizon's 700wx? or another?

if it is, what are the steps to flash the rom?
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=164457

Follow the instructions in the first few posts. This works fine with a VZW 700wx. A big improvement in my book.
    Yes, that is my boat.
    I believe they are coming out with their verison of windows mobile 6 or 6.1 to cut into sprints profits and get people to leave sprint. As you can see their policy works one person on this forum is already leaving because of it. Sprint does not want to come out with windows mobile 6 so it can maximize its profits. I believe when verizon comes out with their verison of windows mobile 6.1 the rom cookers will hook us people up at sprint with windows mobile 6.1.
    great! thank you! do you have any idea how soon verison is going to to release there update for wm 6? if you think it may be soon i may wait on this one. if not im fine with flashing it.

you have no idea how many forums and chat rooms i have looked over and been in to just try and find this hack. i knew it was out there.

thanks again guys!
    I can cofirm that Verizon DOES have a WM6 upgrade that will be released, they brought it by and upgraded (1) of the 10 700wx's that we have to see if it would fix an issue. They indicated if it got technical OK - it would be out as early as the end of this week or next week.

Kansas City Area
    Quote Originally Posted by kcdspike View Post
    I can cofirm that Verizon DOES have a WM6 upgrade that will be released, they brought it by and upgraded (1) of the 10 700wx's that we have to see if it would fix an issue. They indicated if it got technical OK - it would be out as early as the end of this week or next week.

Kansas City Area
    I'll believe it when I see it, especially since they took the 700w/wx off their website.
    I'll believe it when I see it, especially since they took the 700w/wx off their website.
    I'm with you in believing it when I see it, but the 700wx is still listed on the VZW site I am looking at. Maybe your location is out? I am in Central NY state area.

Quote Originally Posted by kcdspike View Post

Kansas City Area
    Did they happen to leave the updater file on a machine or did they use their own laptop? hehehe
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast