Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    Ronbo2000, you are giving me 5th thoughts about going back to WM for another try.
    Haha, I consider this as setbacks. I have a lot of experience of that with my Treo 650.

Hopefully, with the help of seasoned WM users I can go past this point.

So far what I have liked about WM is the ability to go back to your opened program and continue from where you stopped.

The bad thing here is that if I hard reset this, I may end up losing my iGuidance software which came on the 750 but without any CD.

So far memory has been the biggest restriction and I am not quick enough to adapt the PIM apps. I find that Palms PIM apps are easier to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    My phone just went through a crash as it said voice command encountered an error. I hit okay button but the message would not close and no other keys would respond either.

So I hit the reset button on the side of the memory card. It started going through the initialization process and had me align the screen. Then all of my settings are gone, emails etc.

I don't mind losing data since I have a Sprite Backup but Sprite would not start.

I check memory and it says I only have 2M available (program memory is about 23M).

I checked on installed programs, its empty. Any suggestions? Is hard reset is the only recourse?
    Sounds like you have already had a hard reset. Spontaneous hard resets are very rare on WM, but you may have used the special reset procedure (reset+power button) to hard reset instead of soft reset.

Surur
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Sounds like you have already had a hard reset. Spontaneous hard resets are very rare on WM, but you may have used the special reset procedure (reset+power button) to hard reset instead of soft reset.

Surur
    I wish that would have been the one that caused it. I tried the power + reset button. That one prompted if you want to delete or no. This one restarted and no prompts and went through the motions of initial setup.

I can still see the applications I installed like Sprite Backup, Google, WLAN from Spectec, Fring, etc.

But if you go Start > Settings > System > Remove Programs, nothing shows as installed software and the entry below that says Total storage memory available shows nothing.

I can go browsing, run the iGuidance software but anything else is pretty much useless.
  4.    #24  
    Since no one answered (except for Susur), I moved on to resolve this myself.

I was able to restore from the Sprite backup. Everything looks the same except Google Maps shows up twice under Start > Settings > Menus option.

Now I looking for testing the Remote Desktop connectivity. Shape Systems RDM+ version for PPC does not have the similar functions I have for the Palm, plus it always defaults to mouse control instead of the scrolling option (a must for small screens). RDM+ smaller screens are unreadable based on the 240 x 240 resolution. At least for the Treo 650, I could read the smallest and next larger size.

Problem now is that my 750 does not have the WM Remote Desktop Mobile. Is this one of the penalties for being on the 6.1 version or can I get that as a .cab somewhere?
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 07/05/2008 at 04:05 PM.
  5.    #25  
    From reading on the xda developer's site, the Remote Desktop mobile was made optional for the carriers. I will try the WM6 RDP-Finster.cab from this post to see if I could make it work.

UPDATE: I was able to connect to my laptop, only because I used my Spectec wifi card. That basically guaranteed the local connection because my wifi card and laptop connects to the same home network. Outside of that, I cannot connect at all using simply the regular cellphone connection. I may have to open a network path through my router to get this MS Remote Desktop to connect.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 07/05/2008 at 06:31 PM.
    Wonder if there will be books on how to use Windows Mobile 6.1; I hear 6.1 it's supposed to me much more user friendly.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Wonder if there will be books on how to use Windows Mobile 6.1; I hear 6.1 it's supposed to me much more user friendly.
    I have not played so much with the prior WM versions or don't remember much detail, so I cannot comment on the difference of the user friendliness level.

Anyway, one with the journey. Question: How does one save a webpage?

UPDATE: IE does work with GrandCentral's incoming call. Just press '1' without the need for shifting.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 07/07/2008 at 03:52 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12