Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by eJonny View Post
    This is fantastic. Let's see an iPhone do this!

Two questions:

1. Is this script looking in the "location" field of the appointment record or just the subject and notes?
    It looks in the whole record.

2. How might the script be modified to also look for a conference call pin or code? It should be triggered by the phrases "pin", "code", or "participant" and be six digits... this should be appended to the phone number with 3 commas to represent pauses (e.g. "800-555-1212,,,123456")

Thanks
    I'm sure hannip can do that, but it does increase complexity a lot.

Surur
    I'm porting this script to c++ to increase performance. I'll see if I can add the pin code to that version. There will be an ini file to enable it and to set the default prog to run when not in mail, notes or calendar.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    That sounds awesome and flexible. Thanks!
    Hannip wrote a 4 function script to help me out.

It deals with the calendar functions sought after in this thread. It then adds the same features for Notes. Finally, it fixes the non-onehandedness of accessing folders in mail which previously required a stylus. Everywhere else it fires up the app of your choice of which I picked PIE.

WOW! That's four functions from a single button. Very important since the Treo 700wx and possibility the 800w too really only has the single side button to map as a single keystroke (all the others being combination keystrokes) with out using a key mapping app.

This weekend hannip is even considering porting the script to C++ as he alludes to in Post #22 above. I'm crossing my fingers.

Head on over to this thread and follow it to check out the improved script and download it. It's MulitSwitch6.zip in post #11:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=1#post1455542
    "While it is true that technology waits for no man; stupidity will always stop to take on new passengers." -- Anonymous
    Here is an update for the 800w. Had to tweak it.

MultiSwitch7 checks what app is running in the foreground and does the following.
    1) If mail app - open the folders
    2) If calendar - find phone numbers and prompt to call
    3) If notes - prompt to call the phone number where the cursor is
    4) else activate voice command.

MultiSwitch7.mscr needs MortScript to run. Download MortScript 4.1 from here.

http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...ew&action=view

Install the PPC cab. Once installed a folder will be created called MortScript in your programs. Copy the unzipped MultiSwitch7.mscr there and assign it to a button via Settings Buttons app.

The path to copy the script to is \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hannip; 09/12/2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Changed to fix subject text phone number capture
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I'm porting this script to c++ to increase performance. I'll see if I can add the pin code to that version. There will be an ini file to enable it and to set the default prog to run when not in mail, notes or calendar.
    BTW, I'm still working on the port to c++. It's taking me a bit longer to reverse engineer some of Mort's functions, but I'm about 80% done. The c++ version uses regular expressions to find phone numbers and the regex expression will be configurable so that intl users can adjust it as necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    BTW, I'm still working on the port to c++. It's taking me a bit longer to reverse engineer some of Mort's functions, but I'm about 80% done. The c++ version uses regular expressions to find phone numbers and the regex expression will be configurable so that intl users can adjust it as necessary.
    Awesome. Got MultiSwitch7 working on my 800w now. Patiently waiting on the C++ version. Thanks Again.
    "While it is true that technology waits for no man; stupidity will always stop to take on new passengers." -- Anonymous
  8.    #28  
    Whats the benefit in terms of performance with C++?
    I'm an *****... I downloaded the zip file on my phone, but when I tried to opened the zip file it says "there is no application associated with "MultiSwitch7.mscr". Is there something I'm missing?

With that said, i have another question about this functionality. Would there be a way to take an address from the calendar and integrate GPS to map to that address? Otherwise you'll have to copy/paste the address out of the calendar to the GPS program. Thoughts?
    I was wondering if anyone could help me with my two part question. First how do you take the zip file and launch the program? Second, can anyone figure out how to get the address from a calendar item to GPS? It would be another great shortcut. I just figured there is no paste function in the Sprint GPS, so you can't copy/paste which stinks... Any help is appreciated.
    MultiSwitch7.mscr needs MortScript to run. Download MortScript 4.1 from here.

http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...ew&action=view

Install the PPC cab. Once installed a folder will be created called MortScript in your programs. Copy the MultiSwitch7.mscr there and assign it to a button via Settings Buttons app.

The path to copy the script to is \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MortScript
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasazcat View Post
    I was wondering if anyone could help me with my two part question. First how do you take the zip file and launch the program? Second, can anyone figure out how to get the address from a calendar item to GPS? It would be another great shortcut. I just figured there is no paste function in the Sprint GPS, so you can't copy/paste which stinks... Any help is appreciated.
    If someone can do the legwork to figure out how to get an address into the Sprint GPS I'll write the script.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Whats the benefit in terms of performance with C++?
    It'll really speed up the phone number searching in calendar. Right now if you have a lot of text in your calendar entries it takes a long time for the script to loop through it all character by character to find a match. The c++ code will just do a regular expression search which is much faster. Mort needs to add regex to MortScript.
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    The appointment seems to have to be made on the treo- that was my problem. Doing it on the desktop and syncing it over will not work...

That is a substantial limitation.
    Actually, I gave it an immediate try from my PC and did a sync. It came back click-able and dial-able from the Treo and my PC. I wish I had known that trick sometime ago! Just remember to hit "enter", type "Tel:xxxxxxxxxx", then hit "enter" again, before you save it!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Was there ever an update to this?
    New Treo Pro.........

With this work?

Also, can you set up calling from Tasks as well?

thanks..........
    It is working perfect on the treo, except:

1) when in calendar is there a reason you made a "popup screen" instead of going directly to the phones "verify the number" screen?

2) In task, can you make it function like calendar rather than notes?
    Hannip- it's been 6 months, can you make those two little changes please.

thanks
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12