Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    are you saying you tried the iphone for email and it was bad?
    Not answering for DotDotDot, but I've hated every touch keyboard I've used.

But I'm one of those who learned to type by touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Not answering for DotDotDot, but I've hated every touch keyboard I've used.

But I'm one of those who learned to type by touch.
    well in apples defense they worked pretty hard on making touch work so I'm wondering if he is describing his general experience with Touch or apple specificlaly
    I'm a little confused about the comments indicating you can't use the iPhone one-handed. I played with a co-workers yesterday and found I instictively used it one-handed just like my Treo.

I will say the touch pad was different, but my one-handed typing was not materially slower than with my Treo. I am slower two-handed on the iPhone than my Blackberry and Treo, but with some practice that should improve.
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by denisecahi View Post
    I'm a little confused about the comments indicating you can't use the iPhone one-handed. I played with a co-workers yesterday and found I instictively used it one-handed just like my Treo.

I will say the touch pad was different, but my one-handed typing was not materially slower than with my Treo. I am slower two-handed on the iPhone than my Blackberry and Treo, but with some practice that should improve.
    Your comments are on point.

With my itouch, I can type one handed okay- probably as well as on my treo. However, when you go two hands the touch is not even in the same league. I have been using my itouch for a while, and while I am way faster than when I first got it, it is never going be close to a hardware qwerty. Hence, the iphone will not work for me as I am a heavy email user. If I wasn't though, it might.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I think we can put the whole touch vs. hardware keyboard argument to bed with the following conclusion (which everyone already knew anyway):

A touch keyboard will be passable for some (with enough practice) but will never enable one to achieve the speeds of a hardware QWERTY.

Now can we move on?
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Quote Originally Posted by fumblerooski View Post
    I think we can put the whole touch vs. hardware keyboard argument to bed with the following conclusion (which everyone already knew anyway):

A touch keyboard will be passable for some (with enough practice) but will never enable one to achieve the speeds of a hardware QWERTY.

Now can we move on?
    actually my question was more did he Try apple's software. it makes a difference how good the software is with itouch. I went into an apple store today to try it out. it really is pretty good and I just started using it--no 5 day break in.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    actually my question was more did he Try apple's software. it makes a difference how good the software is with itouch. I went into an apple store today to try it out. it really is pretty good and I just started using it--no 5 day break in.
    I haven't tried the Apple software. I am using the iTouch. I do not Jailbreak the device. I found that most of the software are lack of features. The only few things I like iTouch are the browser, music, video and youtube. Even though the browser is good but a few things, like data streaming, still could not be done. For the typing part, I still prefer Treo and Centro. I do believe Apple will put more features in the future. I won't buy the version 2 at this moment.
    I prefer the Treo.

I've used the devices for years and have tried Blackberries and Iphones and such, and I always come back to the Treo.

I was looking at a Sprint Curve because of the GPS nav specifically, but I can't deal with adding the extra $30 a month for basically GPS. Right now I'm on the Sprint SERO plan w/ 1250 anytimes, unlimited nights (starting at 5pm) and weekends, unlimited text/data and I pay like $50/mo after taxes and everything. I think the bill that I pay every two months is $104 or something.

So, everything else is just too expensive for me. That's why I'm so happy about the new Treo, GPS and WiFi and can be used with my current plan. AT&Ts rate plans are outrageous, and then adding the data to it makes it quite expensive just to own some phone which has no more functionality than a Treo.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345