1.    #1  
    Hello all. Just a quick question. Does a "Hard Reset" wipe out everything? I mean EVERYTHING. I have a lot of information from work on it that is sensetive/confidential and am about to sell my Treo so i want to make sure none of it can ever be recovered. If not, what can i do to totally erase everthing beyond ever being recovered? Thanks to any helpful responses in advance.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sheriff733 View Post
    Hello all. Just a quick question. Does a "Hard Reset" wipe out everything? I mean EVERYTHING. I have a lot of information from work on it that is sensitive/confidential and am about to sell my Treo so i want to make sure none of it can ever be recovered. If not, what can i do to totally erase everything beyond ever being recovered? Thanks to any helpful responses in advance.
    I know it sets it to the factory default and clears out the memory but I have never tried to use a undelete type program with a phone before.

If you do a google search for undelete utilities there are tons out there. I would assume that a person could in theory load up a program on their pc and grab old info off of the phone.

Just for safety sake I would hard reset, fill up the space all the way with some mp3's, hard reset again and repeat that process 3 or 4 times just to make sure everything is overwritten a few times.

Just a tip though.... in the future I would store your info on the SD card and enable encryption if you are carrying sensitive info or best case scenario don't carry sensitive info around. Another option would be to use remote desktop via a secure VPN.

I know if one of my employees were carrying sensitive work related info unencrypted on their PDA/phone I would have serious issues with it.