Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When will the Treo 850 be introduced?
    What Treo 850?

I'm guessing you mean an updated Palm based phone that looks like the 800W? There's been no news, and virtually no speculation about that, so your guess is as good as anyone,s. If there ever is such a device, I wouldn't expect it to be any different than the 755p or Centro from a functional standpoint, however. P-OS is pretty much at the end of limit's of its capabilities.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    What Treo 850?

I'm guessing you mean an updated Palm based phone that looks like the 800W? There's been no news, and virtually no speculation about that, so your guess is as good as anyone,s. If there ever is such a device, I wouldn't expect it to be any different than the 755p or Centro from a functional standpoint, however. P-OS is pretty much at the end of limit's of its capabilities.
    lol, did you just post in the 850 forum and not even look at all the threads? Or are you just being sarcastic?

To the OP: the orignal slated date for the 850 is/was July 2008 on Vodafone. That was back in January.

Later in March, Colligan said they were on track to release their new WM Treos by "end of Summer", so we're thinking probably sometime in July/August.

Seeing as the 850 in the shots is a Release Candidate, they are obviously very close to having it finished.

And Meyerweb, here is the 850:

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I am getting confused myself. If the 800w is coming out then why this 850?

I can understand the Centro is a smartphone that compete with the Q.
    The 800w is CDMA right? The 850 will be GSM. That may be the difference, like there was with the 700w and 750.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    lol, did you just post in the 850 forum and not even look at all the threads? Or are you just being sarcastic?

To the OP: the orignal slated date for the 850 is/was July 2008 on Vodafone. That was back in January.

Later in March, Colligan said they were on track to release their new WM Treos by "end of Summer", so we're thinking probably sometime in July/August.

Seeing as the 850 in the shots is a Release Candidate, they are obviously very close to having it finished.

And Meyerweb, here is the 850:
    Wild guess: Maybe the thread was originally in another forum so the first responder (heh) didn't necessarily know about the 850.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    My bad--too little sleep resulting in brain fart.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I've chated on Palm, and am now a Blackberry enthusiast! The Blackberry Curve...and now coming up the Blackberry BOLD!! Amazing devices!

I would LOVE to get the Treo 850, though! Palm is just so bad with releasing anything on time. So as the OP, roydok, has asked, when will this gorgeous baby be introduced?
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Internet Sharing tethering app --> Awesome

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I am hoping for an annoucement from Vodafone that the Treo 850 (or 850v) will be available in Europe in late July.
    Is this all for real? I got me two Blackberry's, gonna get the Bold, and the new iPhone on Friday, but I also WILL get the Treo 850.

Any rumor dates?

P.S. The Treo 800w is a cross between the Treo and Centro form factors. It looks nothing like the 850!
    Treo Pro | Blackberry Bold OS 4.6.0.167 | Slingbox PRO-HD | Plantronics 665 Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchDude View Post
    Is this all for real? I got me two Blackberry's, gonna get the Bold, and the new iPhone on Friday, but I also WILL get the Treo 850.

Any rumor dates?

P.S. The Treo 800w is a cross between the Treo and Centro form factors. It looks nothing like the 850!
    I think you may have 'too' many high end phones...
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I had to run back to work to update some reports and decided to stop at a local Sprint Store and see if they were available. They are :-) I now have a TREO 800W, but unfortunately I don't have time to play with it until I get home later this evening. I *think* they'll be available tomorrow, but only time will tell.
    Last edited by DavidJ; 07/10/2008 at 09:03 PM.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
    I had to run back to work to update some reports and decided to stop at a local Sprint Store and see if they were available. They are :-) I now have a TREO 800W, but unfortunately I don't have time to play with it until I get home later this evening. I *think* they'll be available tomorrow, but only time will tell.
    Thanks David, although this is the Treo 850 thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdonbonjovi View Post
    I think you may have 'too' many high end phones...
    lol...I never used to be a "collector" like this, but in lieu of the Treo 850 being available, I have (temporarily?) jumped ship and got the Blackberry Curve. I was stunned as to how much I liked it, and continue to like it.

I got the iPhone yesterday, and it's nothing compared to how I felt about the BB Curve. Seems like more of a toy. The GPS is nice, though, as the screen is so humongous. I'll still keep it, though lol...

Up next I was hoping would be the Treo 850.

Is there ANY date? Ballpark? Rumor? all are ok with me lol...or are we talking next year???

Is there ANY date? Ballpark? Rumor? all are ok with me lol...or are we talking next year???
    I am also curious of a release date.

My 750 has become very unstable ever since I upgraded it to WM6 (via the SD method).

Also, is the 850 suppose to be just as powerful as the 800w and 750 ? I would like to know that I have the best/most powerful Treo on the market
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha Pope View Post
    Also, is the 850 suppose to be just as powerful as the 800w and 750 ? I would like to know that I have the best/most powerful Treo on the market
    read the specs
    The Blackberry Bold is AT&T's next monster phone, which I can't wait to get. It is slated for between the end of July to mid-late August.

I am guessing that AT&T will release the Treo 850 sometime AFTER the release of the BB Bold??

AT&T has some crazy phone selection now! Wow!

I've been waiting for the Treo 850 for a while now and I'm still excited about the possibilities. I had hoped it would be ready this summer and be sporting the new Palm OS, or possibly even Android, but if the form factor is right I might try it even with Windows Mobile. I'm just praying that the originally discussed specs are close to the final version when it's released. Please, Palm, don't compromise away this opportunity!
    I feel like I'm being lied to by Palm about all the speculative release dates. I used to say "Anticipation is half the fun". With Palm, there's nothing but anticipation. The 850 looks like such a gorgeous device but it isn't getting released.

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I feel like I'm being lied to by Palm about all the speculative release dates.
    Apologies if I'm wrong, but I don't think Palm has mentioned any kind of release date. All the speculation is coming from forums like this one!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast