1.    #1  
    I've heard/read that the Micro-SD slot might be under the battery.

Anyone confirm?

If so, that's a terrible design, having to power the phone in order to insert/remove the SD card...
    Quote Originally Posted by treythompson View Post
    I've heard/read that the Micro-SD slot might be under the battery.

Anyone confirm?

If so, that's a terrible design, having to power the phone in order to insert/remove the SD card...
    For the 850, I think that is true.

For the 800w, no. You'll have to pop off the battery cover, which then allows the little door on the side to open. But you won't need to remove the battery/reset the device to swap out the card.

This is the same design as the Centro and it works well imo as it gives the device a very flush side and no fear of the door popping out.

I think the idea is that since these cards are such high capacity now, the "need" to swap out is diminishing rapidly. Hence they are being pushed more into the background to allow newer designs. At least for myself, the 6gb card is never swapped out and when 16gb hits this summer, I can't see ever needing to take it out.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    That's excellent design IMHO. I remember cringing in fear when I couldn't find my SD card in my 700wx, then the catharsis when I remembered I'd taken it out to transfer some photos and it was sitting on my desk. Being able to secure the card somehow while still allowing the option of removal without restarting makes sense for my usage.

16GB...wow