1.    #1  
    How to patch? cdmaupdater.exe to load custom PRL?
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    don't have an answer but I am curious why do you want a custom PRL?
    how vain it is to sit down and write, when a lot of you mother f#%^kers never stood up to live…

hype6477 locked in on twitter
  3.    #3  
    I live in Canada (Bell/Telus) and the when I play with NV, it always restores Sprint PRL.. I have to go through EFS in qpst to fix it..

with 700p I can patch it easily, but I have not look into 700wx yet
    Are you talking about flashing a custom ROM to a 700w/wx with my method?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Are you talking about flashing a custom ROM to a 700w/wx with my method?
    No this is related to PRL and NV part of the radio "rom"
    Is there a solution to update the PRL?? I need to do it on my 650 and my 700p.

My customer requires the latest PRL or they will not accept the phones. I have over 1000 to update. Can someone please help.

Thanks...

motoEX
    Quote Originally Posted by motoEX View Post
    Is there a solution to update the PRL?? I need to do it on my 650 and my 700p.

My customer requires the latest PRL or they will not accept the phones. I have over 1000 to update. Can someone please help.

Thanks...

motoEX

The PRL that's updated by CDMAFirmwareUpdater.exe is hardcoded into the .EXE. There's one for Sprint and one for Verizon. There are no other PRL's in the updater. The two included in there are not current PRL's.

I believe (if I remember correctly) the PRL for Sprint in the updater is 20227. I do not know the Verizon PRL. The current Sprint PRL is 20232.

In order to update the PRL manually you may be able to do so using a serial sync cable and some software such as QPST or CDMA Workshop. As far as I know, no one's done such (or if they have it hasn't been posted here).

Additionally each carrier has their own PRL, so you will need the PRL file for that carrier. If you use the PRL from another carrier, then you will have issues roaming as the phone will try and use towers from another carrier and will constantly be roaming.

You mentioned the 650 and 700p. I do not know if those use the same NV as the 700w/wx. Everything I've posted above is in reference to my experience with the 700wx.
    If you change your SPL to the same SPL as your cloned device OTA PRL updates will work. i have got mine working on my cloned 700wx and got off the sprint PRL and back onto telus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
    If you change your SPL to the same SPL as your cloned device OTA PRL updates will work. i have got mine working on my cloned 700wx and got off the sprint PRL and back onto telus.
    If he has 1000 devices to update I'm not sure he can use OTA PRL updates.

Plus different firmwares allow different commands. For example the Sprint firmware disables the ##PRL# command.
    If he has 1000 devices to update I'm not sure he can use OTA PRL updates.

Plus different firmwares allow different commands. For example the Sprint firmware disables the ##PRL# command.
    i flashed the sprint Firmware over my telus firmware to fix my radio issue and it actually enabled the ##PRL commands for me! no lies i made a thread about it!
    i flashed the sprint Firmware over my telus firmware to fix my radio issue and it actually enabled the ##PRL commands for me! no lies i made a thread about it!
    Dunno. ##PRL# does nothing for me (with Sprint network and Sprint Firmware).
    Dunno. ##PRL# does nothing for me (with Sprint network and Sprint Firmware).
    that really weird because ##PRL did nothing for me on my telus treo until i messed up the Firmware and flashed sprints. try flashing the F/W in the CDMA updater for sprint and see what happens?
    that really weird because ##PRL did nothing for me on my telus treo until i messed up the Firmware and flashed sprints. try flashing the F/W in the CDMA updater for sprint and see what happens?
    I've done it. *shrug*

Sprint doesn't offer user initiated OTA updates anyway, it's all flagged server side.
    no idea then, dunno.....
    Plus I am in Hong Kong, so no OTA updates for me. Thanks guys for trying. I will see if I can play with qpst see if I can get it working. If I do I will post it. Thanks again
    Try CDMA Workshop and QPST. Nab (build or order) a serial sync cable, and go to town. That's your best bet.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by motoEX View Post
    Plus I am in Hong Kong, so no OTA updates for me. Thanks guys for trying. I will see if I can play with qpst see if I can get it working. If I do I will post it. Thanks again
    What does ##PRL do?

Do you have some PRL for Hong Kong "3" network? are you using that network?
    How do you clone with RUIM?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    How to patch? cdmaupdater.exe to load custom PRL?
    Lets find out who created CDMAUpdater...Lets see if he can add the current PRL 1050 for the cricKet network here for the mob in TRE 4..NC.We are depending on the heavy hitters to get custom cricKet ROM for the TREO 700WX.
    Last edited by taahriq; 10/22/2008 at 01:45 AM.