Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    nt
    EricE
    Treo 700wx
    taken from a member at sprintusers:

Quote Originally Posted by golemchamp View Post
    Anyone wants to get the treo 800? its a very nice phone im tempted to get upgraded to it.. releases on july 13th 249.99 with mail in rebates and instant savings.
    diane
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Does anyone have any sense of what the real release date is likely to be?

My 650 got wet, and I bought a 755p. I spoke to retention, and they will allow me to get the insight when it is released. I would rather get the 800w, obviously, but the release dates will need to be similar in order to make a convincing argument.
    Visor Deluxe -> Visor Platinum -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w
    July 13th seems to be pretty solid. +/- 5 days is the best assumption at this point imo.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Start looking in the stores right after July 4th weekend. I got my centro a week before the release date. I went into a Sprint store and they said they had them in the back and got them 2 days before I went in. They werent supposed to sell them BUT if I purchased one now they would let me and they did. So theres always the chance to see it a few days early if the store people are nice about it. Some people at the time reported some stores said they had them but wouldnt let folks buy them.
    I'm switching back to a Treo (had the 700w) from my Mogul. Too many issues, and my keyboard is acting out now. I might even get a 700w for 30 days and then swap it out before the trial period. I can't take my Mogul much longer.

I'm so looking forward to coming back home.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    I'm switching back to a Treo (had the 700w) from my Mogul. Too many issues, and my keyboard is acting out now. I might even get a 700w for 30 days and then swap it out before the trial period. I can't take my Mogul much longer.

I'm so looking forward to coming back home.
    You, sir, are a genius. I need a new SERO plan and I've been waiting patiently for the 800w, but perhaps I'll just follow your lead and at least get out from under VZW a little sooner.
    I've never been called a genius online, so thanks for making my day. I may do this over the weekend. I'm so frustrated with this phone...
    Global Posts
    755 Global Posts
    Wow, launching 2 days after iDay v2. Not the best timing.
    I think they should move up the release a week or so to get out of the ImsooverratedPhone's shadow.

Knowing Palm, however, they'll probably push the release back a month or two.
    I'm seriously going to think about the CDMA Paphael if they wait too long. I hated not having an always-exposed KB on the 6700, but the Raphael has soooo many purty specs.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    ...but the Raphael has soooo many purty specs.
    And not a single hard button for anything (besides keyboard)--no camera, no volume, no ringer, nothing really mappable. Blah.

It'll be nice though, but I'm not completely sold yet.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    And not a single hard button for anything (besides keyboard)--no camera, no volume, no ringer, nothing really mappable. Blah.

It'll be nice though, but I'm not completely sold yet.
    Yeah. You're forced to do everything through HTC's new interface. Not a fan. If the screen is pressure sensitive, it will be a waste of money. It MUST be capacitive to have a chance.
    In terms of swapping and retention you could lose a significant discount.
    a) There is an increasing number of complaints concerning sprint rebates and you could be losing your rebate with a purchase then swap
    b) more likely though you may lose your new customer credit .
    According to Treonauts today its July 22nd

http://blog.treonauts.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    In terms of swapping and retention you could lose a significant discount.
    a) There is an increasing number of complaints concerning sprint rebates and you could be losing your rebate with a purchase then swap
    b) more likely though you may lose your new customer credit .

Right.

I just went through this. I bought a ACE and got the $150 rebate through a contract extension. I ended up returning the ACE, my contract extension is null- but I lost my $150 rebate.

Now, account services tells me that they are typically willing to "work" with people who this happens to so I am not worried, but technically it is a one time shot. Regardless of circumstance.

I was able to trade from an Ace to a Touch and retain that $150 credit, but once you pull the trigger there is no way to get that credit back onto the shelf.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    One more week has passed by and we are about three weeks out if the 7-12 date is correct for Sprint. Shouldn't we start seeing stuff this upcoming week? New rumors, sightings and pics? I would things should start hoping towards the end of next week.
    I'm more inclined to believe the 7/22 date on Treonauts. I'm excited about it. I don't care about the notion that people have that it's an archaic design. This is a business line phone and that's what I need/want. I could careless for everything being a touchscreen (hint hint iPhone).

My main needs are Exchange 2007 FULL support (the iPhone doesn't include tasks sycning), a hard keyboard, and support for expansion cards and bigger batteries.

This phone fills that need, and I don't mind losing a little screen real estate to go back to a treo from my Mogul. I hate flipping that screen to type. The delay is horrible (up to 5 seconds before you can type, and if a call is coming in and I flip back, another 5-7 seconds before I can answer the call).
    I left the Treo 700wx because the databases would mysteriously disappear and I got tired of it as well as some other reasons...

I went to the HTC Touch and after a frustrating week of learning the touch oinscreen keyboard, I have no issues at all with it now.

As for what lawlson2 says... there is NOTHING that makes the touch or the iphone for that matter LESS of a business phone than the treoo 800W(here is it)

The iphone doesnt have word apps... with the new open source Im sure in about a day or two after release they will be available. It doesnt have sterso A2DP... not a deal breaker....

I will look at the 800 if it ever comes out. The fact that it is some kind of weird mystery just turns me off more. How come Apple can market a device and release it the right way and Palm doesn't do this anymore?

I have had treos since the 300... I am no longer partial to it,.. and granted what lawison2 says is right.. the treo is a good business phone.. it doesn tmean the others arent because they look "sexy" and up to date... The Treo 300 looked amazing at one time also
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRadio View Post
    ...makes the touch or the iphone for that matter LESS of a business phone than the treo 800W(here is it)...
    In actuality, what keeps the IPhone (I am not sure about the Touch, as I do not know the OS off the top of my head) from being an excellent business device is security.

The only current phone that really meats enterprise security needs for e-mail is the Blackberry, unfortunately.

WM 6.1 devices will also meet those needs.

As for a "business phone" - well, lots of phones meet that need.

For a full up business smart phone that includes e-mail (and PDA functionality) and, as a result, business info stored on the phone, one is restricted to the Blackberry and WM 6.1 phones because those have all the right enterprise-class security features built in to the OS, provided the enterprise infrastructure is set up correctly.

I am really hoping my company will support the Treo 800W (well, any WM 6.1 phone, really) for push e-mail/calendar. That would give me just what I want: a good user interface (when customized using Pocket plus or something similar) with a touch screen and enterprise-class security features. Now if only they'd make a camera-less model...
    Last edited by westronic; 06/20/2008 at 11:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    In actuality, what keeps the IPhone (I am not sure about the Touch, as I do not know the OS off the top of my head) from being an excellent business device is security.

The only current phone that really meats enterprise security needs for e-mail is the Blackberry, unfortunately.

WM 6.1 devices will also meet those needs.

As for a "business phone" - well, lots of phones meet that need.

For a full up business smart phone that includes e-mail (and PDA functionality) and, as a result, business info stored on the phone, one is restricted to the Blackberry and WM 6.1 phones because those have all the right enterprise-class security features built in to the OS, provided the enterprise infrastructure is set up correctly.

I am really hoping my company will support the Treo 800W (well, any WM 6.1 phone, really) for push e-mail/calendar. That would give me just what I want: a good user interface (when customized using Pocket plus or something similar) with a touch screen and enterprise-class security features. Now if only they'd make a camera-less model...
    If your company has Exchange Server 2003 it'll support push email on a device that has WM 5.0, 6.0 or 6.1. My organization has Exchange 2003 and I've been getting push email, calendar, contacts and tasks on my 750 which had WM 5.0 and now has 6.0.

Even though the Blackberry software and the WM 6.0 and 6.1 software versions support enhanced security features, your company has to upgrade it's Exchange or Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) in order to take advantage of those enhanced security features. For Exchange your company must have Exchange 2007 to take advantage of the security features such as remote-wipe.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast