Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    If your company has Exchange Server 2003 it'll support push email on a device that has WM 5.0, 6.0 or 6.1. My organization has Exchange 2003 and I've been getting push email, calendar, contacts and tasks on my 750 which had WM 5.0 and now has 6.0.

Even though the Blackberry software and the WM 6.0 and 6.1 software versions support enhanced security features, your company has to upgrade it's Exchange or Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) in order to take advantage of those enhanced security features. For Exchange your company must have Exchange 2007 to take advantage of the security features such as remote-wipe.
    All true. Exchange 2003 push email is not enterprise-ready due to lack of remote wipe, etc. It takes Exchange 2007 plus WM 6.1 to be truly enterprise- ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    If your company has Exchange Server 2003 it'll support push email on a device that has WM 5.0, 6.0 or 6.1. My organization has Exchange 2003 and I've been getting push email, calendar, contacts and tasks on my 750 which had WM 5.0 and now has 6.0.

Even though the Blackberry software and the WM 6.0 and 6.1 software versions support enhanced security features, your company has to upgrade it's Exchange or Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) in order to take advantage of those enhanced security features. For Exchange your company must have Exchange 2007 to take advantage of the security features such as remote-wipe.
    And on the other hand...

9/10 companies that host their own email run exchange which is a one stop shop. BB requires BES, your email to traverse their network (which has proven to fail) and expensive data plans for each device.

Microsoft was behind the curve, but they no longer are. It is just going to take some time to uproot BB. Eventually RIM will have to focus on hardware like everyone else.

-Rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I still think it will be july 13th
    I was at a sprint store to swap out my 755p again (6th or 7th time ) and was chatting with few workers there. I brought up 800w and two of them told me they saw the actual unit and some sort of demonstrations on their playbook meeting. in genereally it takes about 2 wks to a month till they release new device after those meetings but they didn't push the device much at the meeting. so they were also wondering why they didn't gave out much presentation and all... workers weren't so sure about when exactly, but maybe they are focusing on instinct now that they don't care any other phones. instinct seems earned pretty good starts (the store had 70 and sold out), but they said 2/3 of them were upgrades. ahah poor sprint, I don't think it can't ever catch up iphone to be honest
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I'm just so surprised that the 800W is to supposedly be released on the 13th of July and we haven't seen or heard anything official from Palm. I read a post from cluth719 from Howard Forums where he posted an inventory sheet that had the launch date of the 800W.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1386197
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What does it mean, "at BP?" Will I be able to buy my new 800w at a gas station four days before I can get it elsewhere?
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MinistrOfJustiz View Post
    What does it mean, "at BP?" Will I be able to buy my new 800w at a gas station four days before I can get it elsewhere?
    Haha, I thought the same thing. I guess it might mean business plan. Not too sure about that since the instinct also says BP for June 14th and I never heard of it being released until the 19th. I'll just stick to the 13th for the Treo. Anyone seen any other pics of it besides the test unit pictures? I'm hoping they tweak the design a bit before they release it. Give it a little pizazz.
    I think "BP" stands for "Business Partners".
    Quote Originally Posted by Commo View Post
    I'm just so surprised that the 800W is to supposedly be released on the 13th of July and we haven't seen or heard anything official from Palm. I read a post from cluth719 from Howard Forums where he posted an inventory sheet that had the launch date of the 800W.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1386197
    Nice.
    http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ru..._confirme.html

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    All true. Exchange 2003 push email is not enterprise-ready due to lack of remote wipe, etc. It takes Exchange 2007 plus WM 6.1 to be truly enterprise- ready.
    Exchange 2003 SP2 does support Remote Wipe. It is admin initiated. Exchange 2007 brought User initiated Remote Wipe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaweil View Post
    Exchange 2003 SP2 does support Remote Wipe. It is admin initiated. Exchange 2007 brought User initiated Remote Wipe.

I am not an expert, but I think full enterprise-level functionality on par with BB is only provided with Exchange 2007. But... maybe not?
    Why no official word of the release of the 800W. Sprint announced the Centro ( and the 700P) more than a month before the release, I remmeber the annoucnments and all. But other then the unofical pictures and second hand release dates. nothing from Palm or Sprint officially announcing it with less than a month to release date. Just curious.
    they prob dont want to mix an announcement of the 800 in with the stuff about the Instinct going on.

Just my thoughts.
    yeah didn't think about that but still seems odd with 3 weeks to supposed release (and sooner to the BP). I called sprint and the person on the phone checked and didn't even know what a 800W is. Not that I was expecting him to but I was curious to see if the phone reps had any info. I hope the July 13th day is legit. I got that new phone itch. LOL.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Take this for what it's worth but I spoke with a Sprint retentions rep last week or the week before and she confirmed the July 13th date for me. She couldn't give me pricing or anything like that since that info wasn't in her system yet, but she did tell me to contact her when I was ready to buy. She also gave me the standard disclaimer about the date being subject to change but I think we knew that already.

I found it odd that both the Instinct and the 800w were being launched on Sundays and she mentioned that she had heard about them wanting to release the Instinct in conjunction with some NASCAR race. That may be true but I'm not a NASCAR fan so I can neither confirm nor refute that claim.

Either way, I have my fingers crossed for the 13th.
    Thats good to hear psywzrd. Good to hear.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Phone Arena posted the following release date of 7-13 with a cost of $599.00. I think things are going to start moving quick now.

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/Treo...le-a_2911.html
    funny I post this in the morning and there was confirming news during the day.
    If the release is Sunday the 13th , look for it the week before. I got my 700P a day early and my Centro 1 week early. I just went into the sprint store 1 week before and they had it in the back and sold it to me. (if anyone remembers they posted my purchase of the Centro on the front page of treocentral as news it was avaliable in some store already)
    My roommate used to work at sprint (he just quit a few days ago). Told me its still on track for mid July.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Ouch. $600? I hope it will come down in a few months.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast