Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I had to recently hard reset my phone and now the speaker icon is gone. I had a speaker icon on my taskbar which I really used. Now there is a battery icon. Any idea how to get the speaker icon back?
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    So either no one has a solution to my problem or don't care to share. Someone has to know what I speak of, please help.
    well, on the w/wx it is supposed to be a battery icon. something you may have installed in the past must have changed it. If you do a search, you will find more info on this.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I've been searching for over a year for a way to remove my battery icon and to replace it with the WM volume/speaker icon for my 700Wx.

I have yet to find the solution. (I've seen one for the 750, but that one seems a bit involved and I'm not even sure it would work on the 700Wx.)

This Palm "customization" really has annoyed me from the get-go.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    create a blank text file called batteryindicator.exe and overwrite the batteryindicator.exe that lies in \Windows, and it will replace the battery with the speaker
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    g-funkster. I can't believe that simple fix actually worked!! I've never seen that and I've searched for this for SOOOOO LOOONG!!!

Any known side effects of this? I really needed the speaker icon to double check that my profile-changing apps were really working. (Often they are a bit buggy and don't always change as they're supposed to.)

Thanks so much!!!

-- Andrew

EDIT 1: Bummer, Update. Having problem where phone volume is resetting to 0 no matter what I do. Need to keep searching.

EDIT 2: Possible Fix?? Trying the manual volume service suggestion here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=16

UPDATE: Wasn't able to keep the speaker icon with the current options for fixing it. My phone volume just kept going to zero, and I was missing calls.
    Friggin' Palm. Why not make this an option, rather than a Steve Jobs take it or leave it style enhancement.
    Last edited by xdalaw; 07/10/2008 at 01:36 PM.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    The registry key to remove the battery indicator is:
    HKLM/Software/Plam/BootApp/LaunchBatteryIndicator
    change the value to 0, do a soft reset and the battery indicator will be gone.

A speaker icon will appear where the battery icon used to.