1.    #1  
    My VZW 700w has been working great thanks to many who post here with suggestions and tips. I recently had sync issues that I believe to be fixed (I'll find out soon enough). I only have to soft reset once or twice a month for the memory leak problem and am generally pretty happy. A friend showed me his Samsung i760 which seemed pretty slick with the larger screen and the Picsel browser, which I was probably the most impressed with. Mainly due to this website and in particular, this forum, I'm more inclined to stay with the Treo line and upgrade to the 700wx. After the NE2 discount and other rebates, is it worth the upgrade? What would I gain for a few hundred bucks over a perfectly good (for now) 700w? I realize that the "800w" is on the way sometime, but I really don't need wi-fi and GPS. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
    Treo 700W
    Quote Originally Posted by xpjet View Post
    My VZW 700w has been working great thanks to many who post here with suggestions and tips. I recently had sync issues that I believe to be fixed (I'll find out soon enough). I only have to soft reset once or twice a month for the memory leak problem and am generally pretty happy. A friend showed me his Samsung i760 which seemed pretty slick with the larger screen and the Picsel browser, which I was probably the most impressed with. Mainly due to this website and in particular, this forum, I'm more inclined to stay with the Treo line and upgrade to the 700wx. After the NE2 discount and other rebates, is it worth the upgrade? What would I gain for a few hundred bucks over a perfectly good (for now) 700w? I realize that the "800w" is on the way sometime, but I really don't need wi-fi and GPS. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
    Quite honestly, If the things yoiu liked about the i760 included a larger sceen, the 800w is going to have a larger screen (I think even the same siza as the i760). I am not sure about picsel browser, but I think it would be well worth holding out just a little (hopefully) longer for the 800w!!!
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the response and your opinion. I agree that the screen may be worth waiting for over current 700w/wx. What I like about the 700wx is the ability to use all of the current accessories like cradles, chargers and cases that I already have. I can afford to wait a few months if Verizon doesn't drag out the launch too long to see the 800w. It sounds great and depending on the initial price, I may just be able to justify buying all new accessories. I have a relative that works at Verizon headquarters that I may have to make a call to and see what she knows. I'll pass along anything that I find out, but I won't hold my breath!
    Treo 700W
    You never know, most of your current accessories may still work on the 800, they really haven't mentioned any drastic physical re-design, and the screen can be made a bit larger without too much size difference on the overall device. I do think (sadly) that we will have to say good-bye to SD, and look into microSD!!

I would appreciate any info you get on it, I agree I am not holding my breath either, but I am in no rush to upgrade, I am due to upgrade currently, and have no inclination to do so at this point!!