1.    #1  
    I just downloaded resco explorer and i cant figure out how to get my palm 700wx to open it and use the program i also have windows vista. Any program i have put in my documents folder on my palm i cant get it to load them or recognize them as exe files please help.
    ok i see 36 people have read your thread and noone commented therefore i will. the 1st thing you should do i start by reading the Windows Mobile FAQ. You will see a link to http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ho...all_and_t.html which will tell you everything you should need to know. If after reading you still dont have a clue. feel free to comeback and ask.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    There are two kinds of program formats available for your device: .exe and .cab. .Exe requires you to download to your PC, connect your device, and then run the program. .Cab files are downloaded directly to your device and run, needless to say, they're a little easier to deal with. You should check to see which version you've downloaded.

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

4.    #4  
    i have downloaded the cab files on my computer put them into the program folder on my palm and it doesnt work so im still clueless and i cant figure it out.
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    I know I may be asking a very obvious question, but once you put the program in your Treo, did you run it? Tap w/ your stylus and it should go through the install sequence. If you've done this and are still having a problem, I'm @ a loss.

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

6.    #6  
    ok i guess im really confused i downloaded a few programs they come in a zip folder how do i get the exe to my palm when its not a normal exe file.
  7.    #7  
    like for instance the resco explorer exe file when transfered to my palm will not load.
    Ok, I can understand your confusion. The .exe or windows executable file extension can either be a program that runs on your computer, or on the Treo. If you download a complex program such as Resco Explorer, it almost always will come in the PC exe or a device .cab. Cab files are basically an archive (like .zip and .rar) which contain the files to install. They are the easiest to install but not the most user friendly. First, unzip the zip file (if you have one) then if it is an exe open it on your PC, go through the installation, and make sure your device is plugged in and connected. When it is finished, you should see a installation screen appear on your device. Follow those steps and you are done. If you have a cab, just copy it to your device (any folder). Open File Explorer and double tap the cab file. An installation window should pop up. Finish it and you are done.
  9.    #9  
    wow thanks so much ill try that now.
    No problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon.Epps View Post
    Ok, I can understand your confusion. The .exe or windows executable file extension can either be a program that runs on your computer, or on the Treo. If you download a complex program such as Resco Explorer, it almost always will come in the PC exe or a device .cab.
    99.9% true.

There are a handful of programs which simply give you the .exe that runs on your phone. If you can't run the exe on your PC, transfer it (VIA Activesync or SD card) to your phone and try running it there.