1.    #1  
    I've had my 750 for 6-7 months now. It's been working fine and I have installed the at&t wm6 update along with phone alarm.

The phone started misbehaving in the last week. I did not install anything new on it but it started responding very slowly. I will hit the window key and it will take it 5-10 seconds to bring up the windows menu. Same with other keys like the OK button. This makes it very hard to use the phone. It will take me 10 seconds to hang up on a call.

System memory shows 18MB free. Storage has 27MB free. Soft reset helps for about 5 minutes then it's back at it again.

How can I find out what is making it so slow?
    what today plugins do you have installed?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    PhoneAlarm
    WeatherPanel
    HideLogo

All worked fine together until one week ago.
    I think it might be WP..there was talk weather.com's feed was going down which is what WP uses..maybe it happened
    ..mine is slow too
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #5  
    I don't think so but I removed it from the today screen and see how it does.

Just to note. It is slow all over. Answering a call, IE etc.
    Have you checked your program memory?

The typical culprit here is IE. It's "cached files" use program memory, and when you run out, everything slows to a crawl. Go into IE>Menu>Tools>Options>Memory_tab>Delete-Files and see if that helps.

Another tip to speed things up (although this isn't your issue, yet) addresses the problem of being slow when you type. This happens when the auto-complete dictionary gets so full that it tries to hard to look ahead at possible words. You can fix that in Start>Settings>Input>Word_Completion_tab>Clear-Stored-Entries.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
    Twenty Bucks says it's WP. I had problems over the last couple days with it not updating, I disabled it on the Today screen and problem solved.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
  8. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    Twenty Bucks says it's WP. I had problems over the last couple days with it not updating, I disabled it on the Today screen and problem solved.
    My WP is not updating on and off. My device has been very slow also over the last couple of days almost identical to how the OP described it. It seems to be fine today.

So what is out there that is similar to WP, if we need to disable/uninstall it?
    Quote Originally Posted by charlyee View Post
    So what is out there that is similar to WP, if we need to disable/uninstall it?
    I've been looking for something to replace WP as of late (last couple of days have been bad with it updating when it feels like it, then slowing the system down). I have tried SPB Weather, and SBSH Pocket Weather. Neither is as clean on the Today screen as WP (in my opinion). There's weatherbug by the weather channel, but I'm not sure if it has a Today screen option. I'm at work so I can't install it, but I'm waiting to get home to try.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
  10. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    phrogpilot73, I downloaded Weather Bug, but that seems to be much more elaborate than what I need. Please post what you think.

In the meantime I checked "Disable Checking For New Versions" in my WP and seems to be updating at the regularly scheduled interval from then on.

I really like WP, it is just right for me, so I hope I can keep using it.
    How elaborate do you need your Weather app to be?

I use SPB Weather, and use it as a plug in to the invaluable (to me) Pocket Plus. Perfect for me. I always worry about unsupported software....(like WP)

Try Handango In-Hand, as it has a weather channel (Weather Channel info), and In-Hand is free.

http://www.handango.com/client/Home.jsp

The app is all about selling software, but the channels are fine for "free".

I have an Unlocked WM6 750, BTW
  12. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    Thanks kiwisholland, I don't need a detail application, in fact the simpler the better. I really do like WP and it seems to working so far.

I will take a look at the weather channel on Handango In-Hand.
    Last edited by charlyee; 06/04/2008 at 02:39 PM.