1.    #1  
    Hello everyone,

I was hoping that I could describe a problem I'm having on my Treo 700w and see if anyone else has had the same issue:

I usually use the standard messaging program on my 700w to connect to my work's IMAP email server. About two weeks ago, without changing anything, I started having problems. When I hit "send/receive" to check for new messages, it tells me "connecting..." then "logging on..." then "receiving headers", so it looks like it's good to go. But then, after about 10 seconds of it saying "receiving headers", I see the little "EV" network connection indicator on the top of the screen go gray, telling me that it's no longer connected to the data network. The messaging program continues to tell me "receiving headers", but it's obviously not since it's no longer connected to the data network and never downloads any headers. Then the Treo is really sluggish and I have to reset the thing since it starts to hang.

I use the messaging program to read my Hotmail account, and that's working fine. It's the IMAP account that is all of a sudden doing this.

So if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

Mike
    Global Posts
    187 Global Posts
    Greetings-Since you mentioned that you're using your 700WX to connect to your work email, you may want to check with your IT folks to find out if they've instituted any firewalls, etc that would prevent any outside devices from connecting. Also, as a heads up, if your EV connection is showing connected, but greyed out, it means your ARE connected but not receiving/transferring data.

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway