Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Somewhere in my research of the Treo 750 I thought I saw mention that there is a way to write on the screen, someone asked me this today, had a look in the manual, and just done a search of this Forum but can't find any reference to this, did I imagine it .....?

Thanks for reading and any advice.
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    Not without a 3rd party application like the PenReader.
    Proud Owner of a Palm Treo 650 Black Tie (:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyfer33 View Post
    Not without a 3rd party application like the PenReader.
    Thanks, that's interesting, might be something considered in the future, does anyone here have any first hand experience?
    You can do handwriting within the "notes" application. If you open a new note and go to "menu" there is an option for drawing. Once you check it, you can write on the screen. And it is beautiful. It scales very well if you zoom out and see the whole document. I am using it very often to take notes at school.
    Great idea pad.
    I hope this is what you are looking for.
    Thearif
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thearif View Post
    You can do handwriting within the "notes" application. If you open a new note and go to "menu" there is an option for drawing. Once you check it, you can write on the screen. And it is beautiful. It scales very well if you zoom out and see the whole document. I am using it very often to take notes at school.
    Great idea pad.
    I hope this is what you are looking for.
    Thearif
    That's what he possibly meant, it seems like a good trick for the times it would be more convenient to write rather than type, or to draw something.

Thanks for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    Somewhere in my research of the Treo 750 I thought I saw mention that there is a way to write on the screen, someone asked me this today, had a look in the manual, and just done a search of this Forum but can't find any reference to this, did I imagine it .....?

Thanks for reading and any advice.
    Sure.

Go to Start>Settings>Input and in the drop down, change the "input method" from keyboard to "block recognizer" or "letter recognizer".

Then the little keyboard icon at bottom center will pull up the recognizer instead.

Still, seems kinda pointless when you have a full qwerty keyboard under your thumbs.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fastlerner View Post
    Sure.

Go to Start>Settings>Input and in the drop down, change the "input method" from keyboard to "block recognizer" or "letter recognizer".

Then the little keyboard icon at bottom center will pull up the recognizer instead.

Still, seems kinda pointless when you have a full qwerty keyboard under your thumbs.
    The person who asked me the original question doesn't have any sort of PDA phone, he was curious and just asked a question that reminded me of something I thought I had seen while researching the Treo.

Using thumbs on the querty keyboard is not something I do, I hate getting/sending Text messages so it is not an issue for me, when I have an unavoidable need to send a Text message they are almost always the same so I use some standard Text Templates.

Personally...... I think people should be asked the question when they go to buy a phone, "Do you intend to send Text messages"? if they answer "Yes" don't sell them the phone unless they agree to have their thumbs amputated

The screen writing thing is of interest because if I need to make a quick note during a meeting it seems a simple, quick easy process.... for me that is.