Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I can't connect to the internet on my sprint 700wx unless im in evdo area. it also says cant conect if im on roam. I have the same problem on my centro but i know its not a problem with the data services bcz my moto Q connects everywhere. 1x evdo sprint or roam. I dont know if its a setting or just a downfall of the phone. I would hope someone could tell me.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I forgot to add it says no response to #777..but the centro will just say data services are unavailable. like i said i know thats not true bcz my moto Q gets online in the same area
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have read every post in this section to see if I overlooked a faq or anything on this subject but can't find anything. It looks like 190+ people have read my question......but noone has any help for me......even if it's to tell me I'm a dumbass and the 700wx won't get on the internet unless you are in evdo.....anything....this is the only thing that I don't like about this phone. I want to replace my motorola q with this one but if it wont let me on the internet except in evdo areas then that wont work for me bcz I travel all over and don't have evdo that often. please any help would be appreciated even if u can point me to a faq how to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbabecki View Post
    I have read every post in this section to see if I overlooked a faq or anything on this subject but can't find anything. It looks like 190+ people have read my question......but noone has any help for me......even if it's to tell me I'm a dumbass and the 700wx won't get on the internet unless you are in evdo.....anything....this is the only thing that I don't like about this phone. I want to replace my motorola q with this one but if it wont let me on the internet except in evdo areas then that wont work for me bcz I travel all over and don't have evdo that often. please any help would be appreciated even if u can point me to a faq how to fix it.
    [edit] Sorry, I now see your first post said Sprint. Call them. Also, make sure you do have the latest firmware version from Sprint. I'm going to leave this post up even though it applies to VZW just in case it helps someone else.

What firmware version is your 700wx? What carrier?

There was a major firmware update for the wx under VZW that basically made the difference of connecting to the Internet or not! Really! Do you have it?

The latest VZW firmware version is: TREO700WX_-1.22-VZW. Note the underscore (i.e. "_-1.22..."). The previous (troubled) versions was TREO700WX-1.22-VZW. You have to move the cursor down the page on the Treo in order to see the underscore. Otherwise you won't be able to tell if you have the underscore or not.

I connect at 1x and/or EVDO without hassle.

-Frank
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thank you for someone finally trying to help. My device is TREO700WX-1.15-SPNT. I updated it to the newest firmware and it seemed to detect more evdo towers. I called sprint and they gave me several things to try but they seemed stumped why it still won't connect when I'm in 1x areas. I am having trouble sometimes in evdo areas and i have to try and connect several times before it starts working. I would like to know if any other sprint 700wx owners have this problem. Sprint was out of ideas and tried to connect me to palm tech support. I am still confused why it works perfect on my motorola q in the same area. I really want to change over to the treo but i can't have a phone that won't connect in the majority of the areas I drive in. If anyone ha a clue what could possibly keep my treo from saying "cannot connect no modem at #777 check settings or dismiss" thanks for your help....it did help conect a little better but still not as god as it should.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    my treo does the samething I think it happenes when basically your using too much data. if you do a soft rest it fixes the issue. as far as the 1x areas my treo won't connet to 1x areass if there is a evdo one it can sorta detect. to cllarify I get the can't connect 777 crap... I saay ok force my phone into roaming its programmed to allow roaming calls but it doesn't connect. so again in short when you get that issue just do a soft rest and it fixes itself or turn the radio off and turn it back on either or.
    how vain it is to sit down and write, when a lot of you mother f#%^kers never stood up to live…

hype6477 locked in on twitter
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    thanks for responding. I have trouble a little in evdo but if i keep trying it will eventually get online. but in 1x i can try 1000x and no luck. and its not that im using too much data. i rarely use it bcz its not that often im in evdo areas. guess im gonna give up on it and stay with my motorola q bcz it works no matter where i am as long as i have some sort of signal. thanks anyway for ur help. I think its sad such a nice phone is crippled on data in 1x areas.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    oh do this call your provider and tell them to one update your prl and two update your serivce area... they will prob change your msid on the phone...
    how vain it is to sit down and write, when a lot of you mother f#%^kers never stood up to live…

hype6477 locked in on twitter
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    ok maybe you guys don't travel as much as I do but you know if u can connect on 1x sprint and also roam 1x or evdo. is this normal for treo 700wx... or does my phone have a problem. would love to know other people's experiences with a sprint treo 700 w or sprint treo centro.. ANY help is very appreciated. I love my 700wx but can't put up with not being able to the internet....i will go with the Q if i can connect to internet on it....If u know any different for treo's please inform me bcz i'm currently disappointed in their internet connectivity
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I have problem too on my 700wx (firmware sprint 1.15), maybe someone can help me how clue/trick to connect internet with no dataplan, every dialing with #777, always get massage "cannot find modem...above...etc..etc", thanks in advance.
    If you can't connect to the internet, and you're running a stock ROM, then you likely need your phone reprovisioned.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    do you have clue/trick or maybe custom rom to make inactive of provisioning data, so that I can apply #777 for dial to any internet data with no dataplan.?
    Huh?

If you're asking for a method of bypassing the charges for data usage, search around. You'll probably find something. (There's only about 10 billion posts on different methods.)

But it sounds like your phone is not setup correctly, so those methods will not work until it is.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    do not missundertanding, in my place preepaid internet data service charge with time base or volume base usualy device from sprint/vrz, can connect after edit M.ip to 'simple ip' (with QPST) or edit registry.
    success : motoq ,samsung ip830,apache,mogul
    not success : treo 700wx,samsung i730.

any advice?
    Last edited by g4rt; 07/30/2008 at 01:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    If I am in sprint evdo....i can get online....but if im in 1x sprint.....or roam aither speed....can almost guarantee it will keep telling no answer to modem called....and basically it just won't get online.....funny thing is my palm centro would do the same thing.....oh by the way i'm paying for a data plan....if my motorola q didnt work so well to get on the internet i wouldn't wonder so much.. One of my old reg phones wouldnt send txts or get online if i was in roam....maybe i'm just spoiled with my q....but you would think that the 700wx would work as well connecting to the internet....my main question is does anyone else have trouble connecting to internet in 1x sprint or any roam areas? If not it's a problem with my phone......if so...well then it's just a downfall of a treo then....haven't been able to get a straight answer...keep in mind....if i'm in evdo.....almost never get the modem doesnt respond msg on it but in any other mode....that's all i can get when i try to connect