1.    #1  
    I'm traveling and in an Edge area. My LED won't stop flashing orange. Why?
    Give it a soft reset, and see if that stop it from blinking. Do you have treo alert?
  3.    #3  
    Multiple soft resets does not help. I had TreoAlert but removed it quite a while ago. I also deleted the registry keys with reference to Mort.
    Mine does the yelow flashing a lot while I'm at home in the middle of a large metroplex with Edge coverage. If I don't notice it fairly quickly, it will eat up my battery in a hurry.

I simply turn off the phone by holding down End button until it turns off. Then I hold it down again until the phone turns back on. This always stops the yellow light from flashing and shows a reconnection to the Edge network.
    Flashing Orange = no service. If you're in an area where you know you have coverage, turn the phone on/off, soft reset or force it to GSM.
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogpilot73 View Post
    Flashing Orange = no service. If you're in an area where you know you have coverage, turn the phone on/off, soft reset or force it to GSM.
    Well that's what's strange. I have great coverage but if in EDGE my LED flashes orange. Soft reset does not help.
    Butler offers a function to force the LED light to turn off. You might try that.