Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    release date?
    Quote Originally Posted by GhengisEEK View Post
    Not that it is a deal breaker, but it would be nice if it did shed an ounce. When I had a Curve, I would hardly know it was in my shirt pocket compared to the Treo.

Every Treo so far has been on heavy side of PDA's. I hope it makes it into the 4.x ounce area

6.4 ounces ....... Treo 700wx
    6.3 ounces ....... Treo 650
    5.43 ounces ...... Treo 750
    4.8 ounces ........ IPhone
    4.7 ounces ........ Blackberry 8700
    4.2 ounces ........ i780
    4.2 ounces ........ Centro
    3.9 ounces......... Blackberry Curve
    5.0 ounces ........ Treo 800

So they are getting closer. I just stopped by a Sprint store today to glance at it. Not impressed with the looks, weight, or feel. Didn't get much play time, but the screen was definately high res.
    Thx
    GhengisEEK

I wanted to be somebody when I grew up, I should have been more specific."
    I'm definitely interested in a GSM version for 800w. I love the Treo form factor, in fact there are days when I miss it and regret getting an HTC TyTN2, then I turn on WiFi on my TyTN2 and well you know what I mean...

If the 800 series comes with GSM and WiFi I will probably get it to replace my TyTN2 just because of the form factor. Bulk is not really an issue because I'm used to chunky devices.

I hope when it does get released most of the apps are 320x320 aware already [hello devs this means you ].
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    I have read some information about the HP iPaq 910. Just wondering why HP can is able to put in an 1900mAh battery but Palm's OEM cannot.
    are they the same size? the hp 900 looks sweet too but hp support has been a bit lacking with it'devices recently.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GFONG View Post
    I have read some information about the HP iPaq 910. Just wondering why HP can is able to put in an 1900mAh battery but Palm's OEM cannot.
    The HP is thicker and wider than the 850w.
    because palm generally is a couple of years behind the curve.
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    As a current owner of the HP iPaq 910 I am very happy with this device having GPS and WIFI.

Let me say that Palms design on the 750 is better and I use the 910 most of the time with WIFI and GPS off. The 1900 battery does not take me farthur than the Palm 750 with a Seidio extended battery.

So good job Palm, just waiting on a New GSM WM Pro Qwerty.

For the moment I am happy with the 910 while I wait (with it quirks and bugs).

Regards
    graylion
    Is the Treo 800w/850 manufactured by HTC? I ask because it seems palm has followed HTC in removing the mini-jack from the Treo.
    Bny Castro

MTFBWY...
    my blog | twitter
    I read a few months ago that mobile phones manufacturers are signing agreement to make micro USB as the standard connector. Forget where I read it though.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdaneophyte View Post
    I read a few months ago that mobile phones manufacturers are signing agreement to make micro USB as the standard connector. Forget where I read it though.
    I thought I read about a year or so ago, that China passed a law requiring all cell phones to standardize on the micro USB connector. That is why I think we will be seeing a lot more manufacturers using this.
    Jeff
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Well, not having a mini USB is what made me leave Palm for HTC a few months ago. I was part of the 700p angry bunch. However, being the sad owner of an HTC S730, I can tell you that the mini USB thing is nothing compared to memory problems on my current HTC.

I am waiting to see what these guys come up with as the 850 and change this HTC.

J
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev View Post
    I thought I read about a year or so ago, that China passed a law requiring all cell phones to standardize on the micro USB connector. That is why I think we will be seeing a lot more manufacturers using this.
    yeah, its hard for them to make so many different fake connector types
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    It has Wi-FI b/g,2 MP camera,1500 mAh battery,Bluetooth 2.0 EDR + A2DP, 256 MB NAND-Flash (> 175 MB for user), 32 MB SDRAM
    This all looks good.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelinalove View Post
    It has Wi-FI b/g,2 MP camera,1500 mAh battery,Bluetooth 2.0 EDR + A2DP, 256 MB NAND-Flash (> 175 MB for user), 32 MB SDRAM
    This all looks good.
    The 32MB SDRAM is questionable at best. I don't think Palm would stoop to 700w-like idiocy levels with their flagship GSM WM phone.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    The 32MB SDRAM is questionable at best. I don't think Palm would stoop to 700w-like idiocy levels with their flagship GSM WM phone.
    That sounds like a Verizon move for the 800w. I read that they are crippling the Touch Diamond and the Touch Pro with less RAM and ROM, so why not the Treo?
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev View Post
    That sounds like a Verizon move for the 800w. I read that they are crippling the Touch Diamond and the Touch Pro with less RAM and ROM, so why not the Treo?
    What is the logic of crippling the memory of the device?
    Will it be a homerun?

Every Treo so far has been on heavy side of PDA's. I hope it makes it into the 4.x ounce area... And it did.

6.4 ounces ....... Treo 700wx
    6.3 ounces ....... Treo 650
    5.43 ounces ...... Treo 750
    5.0 ounces ........ Treo 800
    4.8 ounces ........ IPhone
    4.7 ounces ........ Blackberry 8700
    4.69 ounces ..... Treo 850 (Pro)
    4.2 ounces ........ i780
    4.2 ounces ........ Centro
    3.9 ounces......... Blackberry Curve

So they are getting closer to making a worth while device, based on physical attributes. Let's hope the "special sauce" makes it a winner.
    Thx
    GhengisEEK

I wanted to be somebody when I grew up, I should have been more specific."
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123