Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    wow

this actually looks like a really modern Treo

although I love the 680/750/755 form factor, I have to say this thing looks slick. Packing what it has, aGPS, WIFI, 2.0mp camera, etc...

Palm is actually building modern devices now! Now when is the Palm OS GSM3G versions coming...
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    I too am looking out on the Horizon. I have a 680 and it still does 99% of what I want/need it to. But I am ready for some Wow factor. However, I continue to resist the evil empire (msoft) and would not use email functions enough to go the BB route. I want to see, touch, feel taste, and smell where the P2 OS is going.

I don't need miracles. Just simple and solid with expanded and improved biz and personal functionality....but without Mr. gates being the integrator....I'd rather it be more community developed.

Any hope Palm?
    Not that it is a deal breaker, but it would be nice if it did shed an ounce. When I had a Curve, I would hardly know it was in my shirt pocket compared to the Treo.

Every Treo so far has been on heavy side of PDA's. I hope it makes it into the 4.x ounce area

6.4 ounces ....... Treo 700wx
    6.3 ounces ....... Treo 650
    5.43 ounces ...... Treo 750
    4.8 ounces ........ IPhone
    4.7 ounces ........ Blackberry 8700
    4.2 ounces ........ i780
    4.2 ounces ........ Centro
    3.9 ounces......... Blackberry Curve
    Thx
    GhengisEEK

I wanted to be somebody when I grew up, I should have been more specific."
    The Treo is a brick, no doubt! I'd love to see it shrink to the thickness of a Blackberry Curve, and lose a few grams in the process.
    Just curious, and please easy on the flaming if I missed it, but is there a side-by-side comparison of the 800 vs 850?

I have been holding out for the 800, but if the specs are THAT much better (memory difference)....wellllll I may need to hold out just a bit longer LOL!!!!

Again.....sorry if this has been posted before, I have been reading for a while and didn't see it!!

Please, please make a GSM PalmOS version of this!!!

I'm a long-time Palm Pilot / Treo user, and if I'm going to switch OS's, it'll be to the iPhone, not a Windows Mobile Treo.

Quote Originally Posted by skigs View Post
    I too am looking out on the Horizon. I have a 680 and it still does 99% of what I want/need it to. But I am ready for some Wow factor. However, I continue to resist the evil empire (msoft) and would not use email functions enough to go the BB route. I want to see, touch, feel taste, and smell where the P2 OS is going.

I don't need miracles. Just simple and solid with expanded and improved biz and personal functionality....but without Mr. gates being the integrator....I'd rather it be more community developed.

Any hope Palm?
    I dont even know anything about a Palm OS at all. If anyone has any insight on a Palm OS for either the 800 or 850 let us know.

I hear and see all of this talk about the two new devices, but what happens if all you've ever used is the Palm OS?

I fear it's either one way or no way. Cause isn't it rumored no Palm OS till 2009?

So I either jump the WM bandwagon when my contract is up or wait another 6 months for HOPES?
    there is a program called styletap (http://www.styletap.com/) that u can put on the phone that will allow u to use Palm program son a WM phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol View Post
    I don't think 32 GB on a Treo would be awesome at all. The only reason most users would need 32 GB on a phone is for video, and video on a little square screen is basically a bit crap. 32 GB flash would be little bang but big bucks.
    I think their talking about flash as an example I have the att tilt according to my tilt specs it can handle up to 32gb of micro sd. Although the closest thing out right now is 8gb and 12 gb coming out very soon.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    Just curious, and please easy on the flaming if I missed it, but is there a side-by-side comparison of the 800 vs 850?

I have been holding out for the 800, but if the specs are THAT much better (memory difference)....wellllll I may need to hold out just a bit longer LOL!!!!

Again.....sorry if this has been posted before, I have been reading for a while and didn't see it!!

Photo or spec? If photo go here. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=165096&page=4 Post number #63

Not sure if side by side spec. I am guessing you ment specs.
    Last edited by Jas O; 06/18/2008 at 09:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jas O View Post
    Photo or spec? If photo go here. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=165096&page=4 Post number #63

Not sure if side by side spec. I am guessing you ment specs.
    I did mean specs, but I have a feeling they are pretty much the same, as I understand it, I think they are very similar, just for different markets (GSM, and CDMA).

I must say though I much prefer the look of the 850!!!

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    I must say though I much prefer the look of the 850!!!
    850 is sweet looking. They will release it 2 or 3 months after the 800 so all of the people who went out and got the 800 will have to run right back out and pay full price for the 850.
    850 is sweet looking. They will release it 2 or 3 months after the 800 so all of the people who went out and got the 800 will have to run right back out and pay full price for the 850.
    Isn't the difference between the two GSM + CDMA? Wouldn't that limit the market for each making them incompatible with carriers?

Although if they are interchangable with carriers, I agree with you and will wait a bit longer!!!

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Yes the 850 is GSM, but I thought that I read that there was going to be a CDMA version later.
    Yes the 850 is GSM, but I thought that I read that there was going to be a CDMA version later.
    That would be cool for that look alone, but HOW MUCH longer is the question??? For all we know (and with track records in the past) we will be able to upgrade to the 800, and then be ready for another contract renewal/upgrade in time for the CDMA version of the 850!!!!

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    That would be cool for that look alone, but HOW MUCH longer is the question??? For all we know (and with track records in the past) we will be able to upgrade to the 800, and then be ready for another contract renewal/upgrade in time for the CDMA version of the 850!!!!
    True. By then we will have the Iphone 7 and nobody will be left on Palm
    True. By then we will have the Iphone 7 and nobody will be left on Palm
    That would take some changes on Apple's part that I don't think will happen, as in a physical keyboard (I know a lot of people like iphone's, but there is nothing like a physical keyboard at times), a stylus option (I know finger friendly is in, but certain things need more precision (editing text for one)), the list goes on, but until it at least has the flexibility and customizability (new word?) of WM_, and is carried on other providers, I don't think it will get quite THAT popular LOL!!!

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    That would take some changes on Apple's part that I don't think will happen, as in a physical keyboard (I know a lot of people like iphone's, but there is nothing like a physical keyboard at times), a stylus option (I know finger friendly is in, but certain things need more precision (editing text for one)), the list goes on, but until it at least has the flexibility and customizability (new word?) of WM_, and is carried on other providers, I don't think it will get quite THAT popular LOL!!!
    I hope they don't become that popular. Personally I don't see the appeal, but to each their own.
    I was kinda hoping the 850 would use an OS other then Windows Mobile. I'm not a fan. My choices would be:
    1. Palm 2.0, if it was complete, stable, and not a re-hash of Garnett.
    2. Android. If Palm can't write an OS, jump on board the Android train!
    3. Symbian. Just went open.
    6. WM
    12. Garnett
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    I was kinda hoping the 850 would use an OS other then Windows Mobile. I'm not a fan. My choices would be:
    1. Palm 2.0, if it was complete, stable, and not a re-hash of Garnett.
    2. Android. If Palm can't write an OS, jump on board the Android train!
    3. Symbian. Just went open.
    6. WM
    12. Garnett
    I'm sure a Palm OS (or a variation on the theme) will be released shortly (well....relatively, it IS Palm we are talking about here LOL) after!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast