Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Thats actually a polynomial regression line BTW.

    Surur
    try a log fit...
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    If you think that the Touch and Diamond are any competition for the 800w, you'd better do a little research. Two very different demographics.

    That may be so; I did try the touch (ended up getting the Touch for my teen age son. If the Touch had a keyboard, I would consider the phone.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    That may be so; I did try the touch (ended up getting the Touch for my teen age son. If the Touch had a keyboard, I would consider the phone.
    Exactly. Couldn't have said it any better.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Why do people keep mentioning the Bold? It's not even in the same league as the 800w. It's a dumbed down smartphone for newbies. Limited OS, no touchscreen, no 3rd party programs, etc. Compare the Bold to the upcoming Instinct if you want a fair comparison.
    I think that comparison is a bit far fetched if you knew anything about blackberries. I will admit, I was a Treo fanboy for a while as was seriously holding out for the 800 but ultimately gave up. I'll tell you what, I'm not looking back with my Sprint Curve. So lets see:

    1. I can actually go 2 days with heavy email, text, and talk with a standard battery.
    2. Push email that actually works.
    3. Push email that a 5 year old can set up.
    4. Free AIM, Google Chat, and Blackberry Messenger.
    5. Free GPS navigation (included with blackberry plan)
    6. GPS that really works well with Google Maps.
    7. A camera that takes decent pictures.
    8. A video camera that takes decent video.
    9. Support up to 8 gigs.
    10. A nice 320x240 screen.


    Need I say more because I can go on and on. Yes the Treo may be perfect for you and for some, but the majority of serious business users will always rely on Blackberries. I honestly thought I was going to go crazy not having a touch screen, but after a week, I really prefer the little trackball. Yes the blackberry plan can be "costly" to some, but it's very well worth it's weight in gold.
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by LbSigMan View Post
    I think that comparison is a bit far fetched if you knew anything about blackberries. I will admit, I was a Treo fanboy for a while as was seriously holding out for the 800 but ultimately gave up. I'll tell you what, I'm not looking back with my Sprint Curve. So lets see:

    1. I can actually go 2 days with heavy email, text, and talk with a standard battery.
    2. Push email that actually works.
    3. Push email that a 5 year old can set up.
    4. Free AIM, Google Chat, and Blackberry Messenger.
    5. Free GPS navigation (included with blackberry plan)
    6. GPS that really works well with Google Maps.
    7. A camera that takes decent pictures.
    8. A video camera that takes decent video.
    9. Support up to 8 gigs.
    10. A nice 320x240 screen.


    Need I say more because I can go on and on. Yes the Treo may be perfect for you and for some, but the majority of serious business users will always rely on Blackberries. I honestly thought I was going to go crazy not having a touch screen, but after a week, I really prefer the little trackball. Yes the blackberry plan can be "costly" to some, but it's very well worth it's weight in gold.

    That was a nice post...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by LbSigMan View Post
    Yes the Treo may be perfect for you and for some, but the majority of serious business users will always rely on Blackberries.
    Ever done tech support for those "serious business users"?

    I'm currently working in IT for a large company who has literally hundreds of blackberries out there. The joke is that the people who have Blackberries are too dumb to use anything else.

    BB's are wonderful devices, don't get me wrong. But their biggest selling point is simplicity and ease of use. They're not designed with power users in mind.

    My boss actually carries two phones, a BB that he uses for corporate e-mail, texts, and calls, and a WM that he uses for everything the BB doesn't do (as well as personal calls). More than a few people here do that.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    That may be so; I did try the touch (ended up getting the Touch for my teen age son. If the Touch had a keyboard, I would consider the phone.
    The Touch Pro will have a keyboard.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    The joke is that the people who have Blackberries are too dumb to use anything else.
    It's unfortunate that they make phones that seem to just "work" and that are too easy for people use.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    They're not designed with power users in mind.
    I don't know what you constitute as a "power user".
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by LbSigMan View Post
    It's unfortunate that they make phones that seem to just "work" and that are too easy for people use.
    Nope, not unfortunatly at the least.

    In a sense, it's like comparing Mac's to Linux. I could hand nearly anyone a mac, and with extremely minimal training, have them using the basics (e-mail, web, word, etc). I couldn't do the same for Linux. Does that mean that one's superior to another? Of course not, they're two different designs for two different purposes.


    Quote Originally Posted by LbSigMan View Post
    I don't know what you constitute as a "power user".
    A "power user" (to me at least) would be someone who uses basically any function availible (and probably a few that aren't ).

    For example, in a pretty typical day I will use all the basic functions of my phone (voice, text, etc) and in addition use:

    Skype
    IM (AIM/MSN/YIM/ICQ/gTalk)
    Web (most BB users if they use the web at all do so rarely)
    PDF
    Excel
    Word
    eBooks
    Gaming (more than just Solitare and Bubble Breaker )
    Streaming Music/Video
    MP3's
    Video's
    GPS/Mapping
    Taking Pictures/Video


    I'm sure there's a few that I missed.

    In comparison the typical BB users might (rarely) use (in addition to voice/text):

    Web
    GPS/Mapping


    Hope that clarifies my thoughts on a "power user" a bit more. A good clue is if you're battery lasts less than 8 hours.


    Anyway, I'm not saying that a BB user can't be a power user, anymore than a Mac user can't do most of what a Linux user can. But they're different toolsets, and certain things will be more difficult to do (or even impossible) on a Mac than what can be done on Linux.

    Each one has their place, and I would dread having to support WM phones in the company here. That doesn't mean I want to use a BB myself.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions