Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Ha, ha, ha, ha - very funny !

Glad to see someone at Palm still has a sense of humour - great prank to ship the Treo 500 with a JOKE battery !

... just one question - how do I get the REAL one ?
    PsionOrganiser > Pilot 5000 > V > IIIc > Vx > T|T > T2 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > BlackberryCurve > Treo500 > Treo Pro
    are you serious?
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Yeah but its like most wm batterys, to get good life means cutting down on features. I find its the 3G radio that really does it. You can choose to run it in gprs mode which helps. And there are the usual power tweaks like screen brightness, etc. I find that with any phone these days I charge over night by default. Not a fantastic solution to this issue, I dont think Seido(?) does extended batterys for the 500. If you come up with any cool ideas holler back, is that right?, and let us know... homie
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    OK - maybe I was a little harsh. I had gotten used to nursing my battery with Ts and previous Treos. I was given a Blackberry for work which was my first non-PalmOS PDA - lasted a month and I'm still receiving therepy. The only good thing about the Blackberry was push email and battery life. I guess when I got my Treo 500 I forgot about this. Initially I had email being auto-collected from 5 different POP accounts every 15 minutes. I also use Bluetooth connection a lot.

I have changed my email to manual send/recieve and the battery life has jumped from a couple of hours to a full day. That's good enough for me and I think it's better than the Treo 680.

I've only had the 500 a week and I'm beginning to think its the best yet. Was a bit unsure about moving from PalmOS to the dark side but (a) the lack of anything serious in the Treo PlamOS range - the Centro looks like a Barby Doll Accessory (no offence babydoll), and (b) due to work issues - meant I was tempted to experiment with a WM device.

And I'm gald I did.

PS - the Blackberry looks good but sucks - don't be tempted. But I do miss the push email, so anyone out there with a solution please post it - thanks.
    PsionOrganiser > Pilot 5000 > V > IIIc > Vx > T|T > T2 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > BlackberryCurve > Treo500 > Treo Pro
    WM does support push email through exchange and there are other 3rd party push solutions. Of course this keeps a constant connection so if you are using 3g then your battery life may suffer. I use mail2web for my exchange server as its free and also offers an OWA (outlook web access?) site that you can play with. Has calendar syncing, tasks, etc as all exchange servers support. If its work then definitely ask your chaps about an exchange server. Oh and mail2web can check other accounts for you too. Not sure how this compares to the RIM solution as I have never used a crackberry before... not a big enough emailer Im afraid