Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1. Phil#AC's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
       #1  
    I can't remember what I paid after contract and rebates in February 2007 for my Treo 750 ... It was either $350 or $399, I think.

    But given that, hardware wise, neither the 800 nor the 850 will be an iPhone ... or a Touch Diamond ... or an Xperia X1 ... just how much do you think these will be selling for?

    I just don't see how you could justify any more than $299, and maybe not even that much. That's going to be my big sticking point. How much more would I have to pay, as Dieter would say, for the "shiny" vs. the latest Treo?
  2. #2  
    My guess is that both Treos will retail for at least $549.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    My guess is that both Treos will retail for at least $549.
    These things are pretty 2nd tier at this point, specially the 800. That thing looks cheap --I'd say 399.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    These things are pretty 2nd tier at this point, specially the 800. That thing looks cheap --I'd say 399.
    I hope you are right but at the end of the day these are high res devices with lots of memory running 6.1 pro. A Treo has never debuted for less than $549.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    I hope you are right but at the end of the day these are high res devices with lots of memory running 6.1 pro. A Treo has never debuted for less than $549.
    Agreed... although, you should be able to grab some rebates or have some reductions that get you to the $300 to $350 level... but then even with the $75 to $150 off for renewing a sprint contract (depending on time on), and then the amount you can sell your previous treo (my case a 700wx), you are right there at $300 on price (if you get $100 for your 700wx and $150 renewal reduction).

    Big scheme of things, the price might not be that big of a deal.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    I hope you are right but at the end of the day these are high res devices with lots of memory running 6.1 pro. A Treo has never debuted for less than $549.
    Well if an Iphone 3g debuts at 499, I'd say treo 399 to 299.
  7. #7  
    Carriers set the pricing. Sprint doesnt care what the iphone costs.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  8. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #8  
    My Mogul was $290 and I end up with a $340 rebate which I got.

    Maybe not be lucky this time and really shelling out some $ now.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Carriers set the pricing. Sprint doesnt care what the iphone costs.
    Yeah they have the highest churn in the industry. So high it's forcing them to sell off assets includng nextel. Most of those customers are going to ATT.

    I am sure they don't pay attention to the Iphone at all. I mean it's probably not even a consideration.

    So dumb.
  10. hkklife's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    #10  
    I'm predicting 800w at $349 to $399 w/ a $100 rebate right off the bat. Full retail will still be steep, of course...probably $550-$600 as always.

    I could even theoretically see Sprint launching with the rebate, then dropping it (ala Centro) once VZW's version comes out 4-6 months later.
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    Yeah they have the highest churn in the industry. So high it's forcing them to sell off assets includng nextel. Most of those customers are going to ATT.

    I am sure they don't pay attention to the Iphone at all. I mean it's probably not even a consideration.

    So dumb.
    You or me?

    Sprint does have a churn problem from migrating iDen customers to CDMA- but for the record, CDMA user churn is not that out of line. Also- Nextel's iDen network was always to be sold. They are not selling it off without plan to keep the lights on like you make it out to sound.

    In regards to iPhone- it competes with the treo in places like this, treocentral, cell phone-is-a-hobby kind of forums not in the real world. iPhone has no exchange integration, no remote security, no native office support and most importantly no keyboard. It looks cool, has some great functionality and it certainly attracts high revenue customers but it is not a business tool. ADP and the likes are not ordering 10,000 for their sales force.

    Finally, even the treo 300 back in 2002 was $599 through Sprint. I hope you are right that it is $299-$399 but I think the chances are highly unlikely given past history.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    You or me?

    Sprint does have a churn problem from migrating iDen customers to CDMA- but for the record, CDMA user churn is not that out of line. Also- Nextel's iDen network was always to be sold. They are not selling it off without plan to keep the lights on like you make it out to sound.

    In regards to iPhone- it competes with the treo in places like this, treocentral, cell phone-is-a-hobby kind of forums not in the real world. iPhone has no exchange integration, no remote security, no native office support and most importantly no keyboard. It looks cool, has some great functionality and it certainly attracts high revenue customers but it is not a business tool. ADP and the likes are not ordering 10,000 for their sales force.

    Finally, even the treo 300 back in 2002 was $599 through Sprint. I hope you are right that it is $299-$399 but I think the chances are highly unlikely given past history.
    That's probably why Sprint came out with the Instinct...a cheap knock of the phone with its own website and marketing plan etc. It's probably because they don't really pay attention to the iphone and why every major phone manufacturer is trying to knock it off themselves. What ATT does with Iphone--if it starts subsidizing it, plus the upgrades apple has planned to attract business users are a huge concern. The company is losing both CDMA and Iden customers hand at record levels and it will not be a stand alone entity for much longer. it's so bad that the Tmobile buy is the most likely otucome for Sprint.

    Thinking the Iphone is not a significant competitive concern for Sprint as well as every major handset maker including Nokia strains credulity. It's also factually incorrect if you just ask them. Listen to an earnings call or two then get back to me.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    That's probably why Sprint came out with the Instinct...a cheap knock of the phone with its own website and marketing plan etc. It's probably because they don't really pay attention to the iphone and why every major phone manufacturer is trying to knock it off themselves. What ATT does with Iphone--if it starts subsidizing it, plus the upgrades apple has planned to attract business users are a huge concern. The company is losing both CDMA and Iden customers hand at record levels and it will not be a stand alone entity for much longer. it's so bad that the Tmobile buy is the most likely otucome for Sprint.

    Thinking the Iphone is not a significant competitive concern for Sprint as well as every major handset maker including Nokia strains credulity. It's also factually incorrect if you just ask them. Listen to an earnings call or two then get back to me.

    Your failing to recognize the context of this thread- how pricing relates to the 800. Im not saying that Sprint is not concerned with the iPhone, I am saying that the iPhone is not going to impact Sprints pricing on the treo 800.

    The treo 800 will retail for $550-$600 before subsidy with Sprint. Period.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  14. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #14  
    $500+ is expensive. I maybe not be able to get this until my contract is almost up.
  15. #15  
    Wasn't the 700wx something like $750 "retail" price when it very first came out?

    I know that Sprint's dropped the retail price at least one since it's been out. IIRC when it first came out it was $300 (well, $299.99) after all the rebates and discounts.

    Depending on how long you've had your existing phone, how big your plan is, if you're a customer in good standing, etc...you can often get upgrades to your phone for cheap or even free, even if your 2 years isn't up.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Wasn't the 700wx something like $750 "retail" price when it very first came out?

    I know that Sprint's dropped the retail price at least one since it's been out. IIRC when it first came out it was $300 (well, $299.99) after all the rebates and discounts.

    Depending on how long you've had your existing phone, how big your plan is, if you're a customer in good standing, etc...you can often get upgrades to your phone for cheap or even free, even if your 2 years isn't up.
    It was $599 when it was first released.

    When you start talking "after subsidy" anything goes for all the reasons that you mentioned. On ebay you can typically get the newest handsets for $1 if you are willing to open a new line.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by robber View Post
    Your failing to recognize the context of this thread- how pricing relates to the 800. Im not saying that Sprint is not concerned with the iPhone, I am saying that the iPhone is not going to impact Sprints pricing on the treo 800.

    The treo 800 will retail for $550-$600 before subsidy with Sprint. Period.
    No you said this below. That's what I was responding to.

    robber said:
    "In regards to iPhone- it competes with the treo in places like this, treocentral, cell phone-is-a-hobby kind of forums not in the real world."



    And if the Iphone is at price X after subsidy do you think it's likely that Treo will sell for more than X? of course not. So yeah they are concerned with it and it is related.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    $500+ is expensive. I maybe not be able to get this until my contract is almost up.
    my bet--retail 499, maybe 399 if the specs are right. there isn't anything in there that is super expensive.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    No you said this below. That's what I was responding to.

    robber said:
    "In regards to iPhone- it competes with the treo in places like this, treocentral, cell phone-is-a-hobby kind of forums not in the real world."



    And if the Iphone is at price X after subsidy do you think it's likely that Treo will sell for more than X? of course not. So yeah they are concerned with it and it is related.

    I think you give online cell forums too much credit. A tiny fraction of cellular users might visit a place like this once.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
    my bet--retail 499, maybe 399 if the specs are right. there isn't anything in there that is super expensive.
    I hope your right.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions