Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    And this is definitely looking better, thought I'm not too sure about the Centro-type keyboard.
    That's nice...I wonder when that will be available.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    hmmm? How am I supposed put this in a sync/charge cradle with the USB on the side like that?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    You don't, unless you're using the BlackBerry 8800.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Now we are talking! Glossy black, flush screen, thinner - given a choice, why would some-one buy the 800w over this?

Surur
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    850? Why doesn't the 800 look like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    850? Why doesn't the 800 look like this?
    Obviously the technical answer is "different development cycles".

But that is obviously not going to wash with lots of people for somewhat obvious reasons. It seems quite silly for Palm to release the 800w alongside the 850 at this point.

Spec wise, they are the same. But in the looks department, clearly the 850 wins hands down.

I bet Palm will be getting lots of "why doesn't the 800w look like this?" questions very soon.

Aye.

I least the 700wx and 750 were separated by quite a few months on release and at least had more in common in the overall design. This isn't even close.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I'm not 12 years old anymore, so I'm too big to use a Centro. But how does its straight keyboard compare to the "smile" on, say, the 750?

Think they're going Centro-style for form? Or to save from paying RIM?

(And apparently I need to start using the second shift button. Mal, you're making me think I've been missing something all this time.)
    wow, finally a nice looking phone from palm. hopfully the specs hold up for this device when att finally gets it maybe at the end of this year.
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil750 View Post
    I'm not 12 years old anymore, so I'm too big to use a Centro. But how does its straight keyboard compare to the "smile" on, say, the 750?

Think they're going Centro-style for form? Or to save from paying RIM?
    It's wider than the Centro. The Centro's KB is very usable and pretty nice to type. Make it a bit wider and it's even better.

I'm not 12 either and have used a Centro nearly everyday since October. RIM gets paid no matter what. It's not the design (smile, no smile) per se, but the whole idea of a "front facing qwerty" that RIM has a patent on.

12. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Obviously the technical answer is "different development cycles".

But that is obviously not going to wash with lots of people for somewhat obvious reasons. It seems quite silly for Palm to release the 800w alongside the 850 at this point.

Spec wise, they are the same. But in the looks department, clearly the 850 wins hands down.

I bet Palm will be getting lots of "why doesn't the 800w look like this?" questions very soon.

Aye.

I least the 700wx and 750 were separated by quite a few months on release and at least had more in common in the overall design. This isn't even close.

Maybe this photo was leaked as a part of a "no honest, we CAN design phones, don't sell our stock, good stuff is a coming.." move?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Ahhhhhh. Gotcha.
    (And it's my fat fingers that get in the way on the Centro)

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It's wider than the Centro.

I'm not 12 either and have used a Centro nearly everyday since October. RIM gets paid no matter what. It's not the design (smile, no smile) per se, but the whole idea of a "front facing qwerty".
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Maybe this photo was leaked as a part of a "no honest, we CAN design phones, don't sell our stock, good stuff is a coming.." move?
    lol, sure anything is possible

But the Vodafone device is expected to drop sooner than later, so leaks are expected as usual.

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Now that is nice.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Maybe (I'm hoping) that is the same design for the 800w also; Palm just tried to avoid leaks by giving out the rough draft.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    That's much better Palm...... But it makes the 800w look like a pre-paid phone.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    That's more like it... only problems are the tiny keys (Centro?) and uncomfortable key layout (in a straight line - Treo 600, Centro)
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Now we are talking! Glossy black, flush screen, thinner - given a choice, why would some-one buy the 800w over this?
    Because they want to stay with a CDMA carrier I guess
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast