Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 135
  1. Phil#AC's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
       #2  
    And this is definitely looking better, thought I'm not too sure about the Centro-type keyboard.
  2. #3  
    That's nice...I wonder when that will be available.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

    My beer blogs:

    Rev. Rhino on Flickr

    Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  3. greenlion's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #4  
    hmmm? How am I supposed put this in a sync/charge cradle with the USB on the side like that?
  4. Phil#AC's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
       #5  
    You don't, unless you're using the BlackBerry 8800.
  5. #6  

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6. #7  
    Now we are talking! Glossy black, flush screen, thinner - given a choice, why would some-one buy the 800w over this?

    Surur
  7. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #8  
    850? Why doesn't the 800 look like this?
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    850? Why doesn't the 800 look like this?
    Obviously the technical answer is "different development cycles".

    But that is obviously not going to wash with lots of people for somewhat obvious reasons. It seems quite silly for Palm to release the 800w alongside the 850 at this point.

    Spec wise, they are the same. But in the looks department, clearly the 850 wins hands down.

    I bet Palm will be getting lots of "why doesn't the 800w look like this?" questions very soon.

    Aye.

    I least the 700wx and 750 were separated by quite a few months on release and at least had more in common in the overall design. This isn't even close.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  9. Phil#AC's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
       #10  
    I'm not 12 years old anymore, so I'm too big to use a Centro. But how does its straight keyboard compare to the "smile" on, say, the 750?

    Think they're going Centro-style for form? Or to save from paying RIM?

    (And apparently I need to start using the second shift button. Mal, you're making me think I've been missing something all this time.)
  10. #11  
    wow, finally a nice looking phone from palm. hopfully the specs hold up for this device when att finally gets it maybe at the end of this year.
    Naveen

    Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

    Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
  11. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil750 View Post
    I'm not 12 years old anymore, so I'm too big to use a Centro. But how does its straight keyboard compare to the "smile" on, say, the 750?

    Think they're going Centro-style for form? Or to save from paying RIM?
    It's wider than the Centro. The Centro's KB is very usable and pretty nice to type. Make it a bit wider and it's even better.

    I'm not 12 either and have used a Centro nearly everyday since October. RIM gets paid no matter what. It's not the design (smile, no smile) per se, but the whole idea of a "front facing qwerty" that RIM has a patent on.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  12. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Obviously the technical answer is "different development cycles".

    But that is obviously not going to wash with lots of people for somewhat obvious reasons. It seems quite silly for Palm to release the 800w alongside the 850 at this point.

    Spec wise, they are the same. But in the looks department, clearly the 850 wins hands down.

    I bet Palm will be getting lots of "why doesn't the 800w look like this?" questions very soon.

    Aye.

    I least the 700wx and 750 were separated by quite a few months on release and at least had more in common in the overall design. This isn't even close.

    Maybe this photo was leaked as a part of a "no honest, we CAN design phones, don't sell our stock, good stuff is a coming.." move?
  13. Phil#AC's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
       #14  
    Ahhhhhh. Gotcha.
    (And it's my fat fingers that get in the way on the Centro)

    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    It's wider than the Centro.

    I'm not 12 either and have used a Centro nearly everyday since October. RIM gets paid no matter what. It's not the design (smile, no smile) per se, but the whole idea of a "front facing qwerty".
  14. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Maybe this photo was leaked as a part of a "no honest, we CAN design phones, don't sell our stock, good stuff is a coming.." move?
    lol, sure anything is possible

    But the Vodafone device is expected to drop sooner than later, so leaks are expected as usual.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  15. doc31's Avatar
    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #16  
    Now that is nice.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  16. doc31's Avatar
    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    #17  
    Maybe (I'm hoping) that is the same design for the 800w also; Palm just tried to avoid leaks by giving out the rough draft.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  17. Fittske's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    #18  
    That's much better Palm...... But it makes the 800w look like a pre-paid phone.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
  18. #19  
    That's more like it... only problems are the tiny keys (Centro?) and uncomfortable key layout (in a straight line - Treo 600, Centro)
  19. TazUk's Avatar
    Posts
    689 Posts
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    Now we are talking! Glossy black, flush screen, thinner - given a choice, why would some-one buy the 800w over this?
    Because they want to stay with a CDMA carrier I guess
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions