Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Treo 750 WM6, what are others experience of BlueTooth headsets (Ear type) for this phone?

Brands and model numbers would be good.

I presently have a Motorola H700 which isn't bad at my end, however some people have said it is muffled at their end, others have said they can't hear me, which is probably the same thing.

My son has one (Not sure of brand) but it echoes badly, which is completely unacceptable especially for business use.

Brand name and model is important for when I go looking to find something better, if such an animal exists.

Thanks for any help.
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    I use the Aliph Jawbone. Absolutely my favorite BT headset to date.

It utilizes multiple microphones and an advanced sound processor to provide military-grade noise cancellation. I can stand in a noisy server room and the other party just hears my voice.

It comes with 4 ear loops (2 left ear and 2 right ear) as well as 5 different styles of ear bud so you can customize it to fit just right.

It's comfortable enough that I can wear it all day and forget it's there.

It also works flawlessly with VoiceCommand under WM6.

Check out this uber-impressive demo:
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The original BT Jawbone has been replaced by a newer, smaller and lighter model which, it is said, works even better. I have the same version fastlerner has and like it a lot. It does not actually use multiple microphones - rather, it has a small silicone peg that touches your cheek and senses your voice, giving it the clue about what is noise and what is not.

While some reviewers of the newer Jawbone made disparaging comments about the size and weight of the older one, they loved it when it first came out and I like it too. Taking the suggestion of many, I replaced the ear cushion with a "Jabra EarGel" (you can buy a pack of these for around $12) and it increases the comfort and lets you do away with the ear loop (which I found problematic at times, as a glasses wearer.)

Now that the newer one is out, the older is available at a lower price. I recommend either one. And yes, it works flawlessly with Voice Command.

The only thing I don't like about the Jawbone is the proprietary and fiddly charging connector.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    It does not actually use multiple microphones - rather, it has a small silicone peg that touches your cheek and senses your voice, giving it the clue about what is noise and what is not.
    The silicone nub is the "voice activity sensor" so that it knows when you are speaking, regardless of environmental noise. And it does have multiple microphones. These highly directional adaptive mics allow it to pick up and screen out the background noise.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
    I have the new jawbone. It is similar design to the original. Both use two microphones and the VAS to filter out background noise. With the new one, it is much easier to fit comfortably and rest properly on the face. The noise reduction is also improved, especially wind noise. The outgoing sound is cleaner/clearer, incoming sound is about the same.

I highly recommend.

G
    I've read good things about the Jawbone 2 but it's a little to rich for my blood. I have the Plantronics 655 and it works very well. It's the second highest editor rated Bluetooth headset on Cnet after the Jawbone 2.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeP View Post
    I have the new jawbone. It is similar design to the original. Both use two microphones and the VAS to filter out background noise. With the new one, it is much easier to fit comfortably and rest properly on the face. The noise reduction is also improved, especially wind noise. The outgoing sound is cleaner/clearer, incoming sound is about the same.

I highly recommend.

G
    Looks very impressive and the You Tube video looks/sounds good but seems almost too good to be true.

Jawbone2 is not available in Australia and it is expensive from what I see on the Net compared to others, there appears to be no local sales outlet for the Jawbone2 in my city.

I would prefer to buy over the counter and know there is some local support through agent/distributor/retailer in case of problems - Bit hard to reach down the Net and give someone a shaking if there is a problem and nobody wants to know:-)
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    You get what you pay for!
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby View Post
    You get what you pay for!
    Of course you do, but I need to see if it does work at the point of sale, especially if you pay top dollar which usually provides some limited support from either manufacturer or dealer in the event of a problem.

I once bought something off the net, a product which had parts missing from box, it took 3 weeks to arrive from overseas, dealer just said it was complete when dispatched, end of story.

The package wasn't damaged or interfered with, insurance didn't want to know about the problem because they had an affidavit from the merchant saying it was all complete when it left the store, I had to state condition of packaging and stated it was well packed, it took about 8 weeks to have Visa sort the whole money thing out, I sent the object back but of course had to pay to insure the parcel in case of loss/damage.

So you should appreciate that I'm a bit reluctant to get bitten a second time, so wherever possible I try to buy over the counter.
    I'll second the Jawbone. Best headset I've owned. Also liked the Motorola h700 due to its size, controls and value.
    Jer 23:29
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I found the H700 too fiddly and the voice quality poor. I did like the fold-up feature, though.