1.    #1  
    I've been using a 700w/wx for about 2 years now. It's been an up and down experience, but I thought things were going to get better when I convinced Verizon to send me a refurb 700wx instead of a 700w the last time around ... until today.

After ending a phone call, my phone hard locked at the Today screen. I pulled the battery, waited a minute, put it back in, and now it shows the Treo screen on the white background, with no progress bar, and won't proceed from there.

It doesn't matter if it's plugged in, unplugged, with the battery, without the battery, etc.

I'm a very unhappy camper at the prospect of having to dig out my old 600 and trying to find a charger for it.

Is there anything I can do? I'm pretty sure I'm completely out of warranty at this point.
  2.    #2  
    multiple hard resets don't work either ... I get the prompt to "press up to erase data" but then it just goes back to the same screen.
  3.    #3  
    the drooling yokels at VZW are unable to help, nor can they activate my old phone. their suggestion? go to the Verizon store. I'm sure that's going to go swimmingly.
    They can activate your old phone (if you still have it).

You could try this:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=164457

What else you got to lose?
    (Insert disclaimers here.)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    They can activate your old phone (if you still have it).
    I do still have it. They tried several times and it kept failing to activate.

You could try this:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=164457

What else you got to lose?
    (Insert disclaimers here.)
    Hmm, it doesn't look like anybody's done it for Verizon yet ...
    Quote Originally Posted by maharashii View Post
    Hmm, it doesn't look like anybody's done it for Verizon yet ...
    Nope, but if your phone is already dead and they won't cover it, what's the loss if it doesn't work?
  7.    #7  
    I went to the Verizon store - and came away completely satisfied! I'm amazed. The last time I needed support they told me they didn't do anything for PDAs and I had to call the support number.

This time they swapped it out, no questions asked, and said something about an extended warranty. I don't know what they were talking about (maybe I have one and just don't know it?) but in any event, I'm back in the game.
    I have always had great customer service with Verizon it is one reason I have stayed with them, that and they have the best coverage.
    when I was with sprint it was the WORST costomer service in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindan View Post
    I have always had great customer service with Verizon it is one reason I have stayed with them, that and they have the best coverage.
    when I was with sprint it was the WORST costomer service in the world.
    It really depends on who you talk to. Some reps will be knowledgable and helpful. Others won't care or be sticklers for the rules. I've had both good and bad experiences with Sprint.

Of course that applies for any carrier out there.